Can we show Peja some love finally ?

dude played good tonite, maybe even great..his shots were dropping...i was getting so frustrated when they wouldnt get him the ball when he was hot.....especially in the 3rd quarter, he didnt get a lot of shots up...he coulda easily had 35+ tonite i think if he kept getting the ball...this team has a lot of shooters though.......

1 game too late......i've had it with Peja. Today was an example of a night when he decided to show up. I still want him traded in the offseason for a player that can create his own shot, and dunk instead of missing wide open layups.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Good offensive game, but frankly answered none of the questions about him. I've never doubted Peja's ability to score against a bad defensive team paying scant attention to him. The questions are other.

2rebs 1ast isn't quite the stuff that genuflection is built upon.

Last edited:
I'm sick and tired of people saying Peja needs to create his own shots. What do they think, that he's just standing there waiting for the ball to come??? Tonight he was doubled on several occasions but stil managed to pull up some tough shots. He even dished some usable assists while being doubled. He moved well, and the only thing I'd lay on him is his lack of aggressiveness when going for lay-ups. Give him some break, he was injured for some time and with so many new people around he's not getting the balls he should at the right time!
B. :eek:

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bricklayer said:
Good offensive game, but frankly answered none of the questions about him. I've never doubted Peja's ability to score against a bad defensive team paying scant attention to him. The questions are other.

2rebs 1ast isn't quite the stuff that genuflection is built upon.
It may not be perfect, but it's certainly a step back in the right direction. I'm surprised to see only 1 asst, because I'm almost positive he passed to Darius twice for jumpers.

Considering how tough some of us - including me - have been on Peja, I think it's only fair to be appreciative of what was an honest effort out there and not a phone-in.

Great game by Peja, Not a lot of assists or rebounds but he showed energy out there, and thats all I really wanted. If he continues to do so his other numbers will eventually come up, and more importantly... we will win games! Good job tonight Peja.

VF21 said:
Considering how tough some of us - including me - have been on Peja, I think it's only fair to be appreciative of what was an honest effort out there and not a phone-in.
You are right. thanks for effort tonight, Peja. Don't disappear, again,we need you.

and what about creating his own shot ??? what ... we dont need no AI here ... (I love AI but come on) whoever creates his own shot they end up forcing it most of the time ... we dont need that ... let Peja run around and get to his spots ... and launch them bombs ... HOLLAAAAAAAAA ...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
LjuboDaMan said:
and what about creating his own shot ??? what ... we dont need no AI here ... (I love AI but come on) whoever creates his own shot they end up forcing it most of the time ... we dont need that ... let Peja run around and get to his spots ... and launch them bombs ... HOLLAAAAAAAAA ...
He shot off some great screens by Thomas, so if you're going to get all gushy at least mention that, too.

Peja's performance tonight was a step back in the right direction but he's not all of a sudden a premiere shot creator.

maybe we just need to reconsider what we expect from peja. he may easily be the best shooter in the nba, but he's still not a superstar in the traditional sense. watching how houston uses their shooters, we should employ something like that- concentrating on the people for scoring, guys like brad, mike, thomas, etc. and dish out to peja for open shots. basically, how he's always been used here. people just seem to think now that he's got a larger burden he'll start doing things that he's never done, like creating his own shots. that's just not his game. he can still be extremely valuable, we just need to get the right pieces around him. having brad and bobby back would be a huge step towards that.

VF21 said:
He shot off some great screens by Thomas, so if you're going to get all gushy at least mention that, too.

Peja's performance tonight was a step back in the right direction but he's not all of a sudden a premiere shot creator.
ooopsss maybe im in the wrong thread but ... i like the screens and peja's movement ... i just mentioned, shot creating is not that important if you move the damn ball and play team game ... thats all ... HOLLAAAAAAAAAAA

Bricklayer

VF21 said:
It may not be perfect, but it's certainly a step back in the right direction. I'm surprised to see only 1 asst, because I'm almost positive he passed to Darius twice for jumpers.

Depends what you think Peja is. And you're right. If Peja is just another good player, then very good game for a good player. On the ther hand if he's a franchise cornerstone than a shrug at best. Our standards for Peja have sunk ridiculously low if all he has to do is move to open spots and convert against a sucky defense on his home court for the love to flow. 2rebs, 1 ast + his man matches him across the board. Peja did do his job tonight. But that should be expected. Nudge me when he does it against a tough opponent, throws in 4 assists and 7-8 rebounds. Nudge me when he does something special, and THEN the love will flow. For right now, just glad he did not suck it up again. He needed a strong performance at some point before his struggles became a major issue (well more of a major issue). Tonight he did what he had to, and so its impossible to tell if he could have done more if called upon. But he didn't creat for his teammates nearly as much as he has in the last few games, I can distinctly recall both his rebounds, and his man was carrying the Magic on the other side of the floor. It was enough, and I thought an "A-" sort of effort for him. But it answered none of the questions about him.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

LjuboDaMan said:
ooopsss maybe im in the wrong thread but ... i like the screens and peja's movement ... i just mentioned, shot creating is not that important if you move the damn ball and play team game ... thats all ... HOLLAAAAAAAAAAA
No you're right. But then again at that point you're pretty much Fred Hoiberg.

Bricklayer said:
No you're right. But then again at that point you're pretty much Fred Hoiberg.
hehe yah i guess ... dats a good 1

i wish peja rebounds better, i really do, just like everyone else ... but what can you do ... be happy with what you get ... if hes gonna score 25+ i dont really care about rebounds ...

since there is Skinner, THomas ... others ...

Peja was the Peja of old tonight in the sense that you looked up and would have never guessed he had that # of points. I knew someone was hitting shots, I heard his name over the load speaker but was a bit surprised to see the points next to his #....Not necessarily a bad thing, just is what it is. :/

Who wants to bet that AV will show more love for Peja tomorrow than any one of us could possibly show? :)

While we are at it, who wants to bet she will find a way to take a cheap shot at CWebb?