Can the Warriors win without Steph Curry?

Can the Warriors win the first round without Curry?

• Yes.

• Probably.

• Maybe.

• Probably not.

• No.

• Depends on the matchups.

Results are only viewable after voting.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Grant just said Steve Kerr announced today that Steph Curry will miss the first round of the playoffs. Hence the obvious question. Can the Warriors win without him?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Durant (if he gets healthy), Green, Klay, and a great supporting cast? Yeah, they can still win without Curry. Not saying they will, but they definitely have a shot. And if Steph is only out for the first round, they've got time for him to get up to speed before they run into the Rockets.

Yeah I definitely think they have the talent. They have a bunch of high IQ guys too so I could see it happening. I really really don't want it to, but I don't think it would be a surprise or even an upset if they did.

Who they face in the 1st round will be interesting. W/O Curry, I could see them struggling with Minny, Utah or even OKC.

Not only that, an elbow to the ribs could put KD back out of commission again or at least hamper his production. Those injuries don't heal quickly and can be aggravated easily.

Are you asking if they can win the first round series or the championship?

I think if everyone is healthy other than Curry, they still have a 50/50 chance at the championship. The Cavs are much weaker without Kyrie and I don't think the Rockets are as good as the Cavs the last couple years. Should be interesting though. I don't wish injuries on any player but it's about time they ran into some adversity.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Are you asking if they can win the first round series or the championship?

I think if everyone is healthy other than Curry, they still have a 50/50 chance at the championship. The Cavs are much weaker without Kyrie and I don't think the Rockets are as good as the Cavs the last couple years. Should be interesting though. I don't wish injuries on any player but it's about time they ran into some adversity.
First round.

If you're talking about the first round, then, yes, they can win. And they probably will. If you're talking about the whole dang thing, then, no, probably not.

I think the question "Can they win the title without Curry?" is a great one.

Can they win the first round? Of course. Will they? Now, that's another great question. Should be a great first round in the West.

Warriors getting absolutely destroyed by the Jazz right now. I know it’s last games of season and Jazz need this game for seeding but I’d be concerned if I’m a Ws fan.