California Classic Game 1 Kings versus Warriors 7/1/19

I enjoyed the game and seeing most of the players on our summer roster. James and Guy have nothing to apologize for, and there's no good reason to write either one of them off already. That's premature, jack. Relax and see what happens. Wenyen looked great - except I don't think he's developed a consistent shot yet. Caleb shows some potential, but he is not anywhere close to the bmi that he needs to be. He probably can't afford it, but he would do well to have a live-in personal trainer and a live-in nutritionist/chef.

I really like Guy, but I think he's more of a 2-way contract player. I'm cheering for the Kings to giving him a regular contract, but not so sure his play would really warrant it. He's an undersized SG who can't do much with the ball. I think down the line he really needs to improve on his ball handling if he wants to stick in the NBA.

Kings squad looked well coached. Loved the pick and roll game between Christian and Gabriel. Guy and James both have some talent, each had some bright spots.

What is up with Jimmer and Travis Wear in SL???

I enjoyed the game and seeing most of the players on our summer roster. James and Guy have nothing to apologize for, and there's no good reason to write either one of them off already. That's premature, jack. Relax and see what happens. Wenyen looked great - except I don't think he's developed a consistent shot yet. Caleb shows some potential, but he is not anywhere close to the bmi that he needs to be. He probably can't afford it, but he would do well to have a live-in personal trainer and a live-in nutritionist/chef.
I don't even think his weight is in his top 5 list of problems. He's a walking turnover and as soon as the ball touches his hands, it's like he has the turbo button held down all the time. I thought Giles played too fast but Swanigan is like Giles after a 24 pack of Mountain Dew.

He's a walking turnover and as soon as the ball touches his hands
Yep, he had some horrible passes. I don't know why they kept giving him the ball at the top of the key after he threw it away again and again. Then when they would feed him down low, he would rush like ESP47 said, and turn it over. Six turnovers matched his point total.

I thought Guy looked better than Justin. But I could not get over how small Justin looked. He is listed 6'7"? When I saw that size on paper I thought "oh ok - that's a good size for a wing player with high IQ". But he looks the size of a 1/2 combo guard, not a 2/3 - no way I could see that slight frame guarding ANY SF in the league.

But I hope Kyle Guy sticks.

I thought Guy looked better than Justin. But I could not get over how small Justin looked. He is listed 6'7"? When I saw that size on paper I thought "oh ok - that's a good size for a wing player with high IQ". But he looks the size of a 1/2 combo guard, not a 2/3 - no way I could see that slight frame guarding ANY SF in the league.

But I hope Kyle Guy sticks.
I saw somewhere that had James at 183lbs, but he's officially listed at 190lbs. He's definitely on the smaller end of wings.

57% fg for Wenyen and 12 boards
We would have lost last night without him

Can we sign him to a non-guaranteed min contract so we can be sure he will not be poached?
Yeah I know its only 1st summer game
But really liked what I saw

That Miami team played really well, we are gonna need Marvin tonight!

57% fg for Wenyen and 12 boards
We would have lost last night without him

Can we sign him to a non-guaranteed min contract so we can be sure he will not be poached?
Yeah I know its only 1st summer game
But really liked what I saw

That Miami team played really well, we are gonna need Marvin tonight!
I believe we still have him signed to a 2-way contract.

well Spotrac shows Troy Williams as a two-way contract (was a 2 yr contract)
So as a 2 way contract he is not on our summer league team?

but I think Gabriel must have had a 1 yr two-way contract last year

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
well Spotrac shows Troy Williams as a two-way contract (was a 2 yr contract)
So as a 2 way contract he is not on our summer league team?

but I think Gabriel must have had a 1 yr two-way contract last year
I don't think Sportrac is up to date. I don't have a link but I saw something about last week indicating that we had released Troy Williams (which is why he's not on SL with us) and that Gabriel was under 2-way for another year.

Swanigan could be just cut. He is a short, slow and literally a fat big man so he has very little use in the Nba. I dont see any potential unless he drops +20 pounds and gained significant quickness and mobility. I mean if you are so fat that you cant run or jump, you probably wont be playing in the league

Was tonight some sort of happy reunion with Webb? Hasn’t he been a little icy towards the team in recent years? Or did I make that up?
That’s what I’ve heard but honestly I’m not sure where that narrative came from. He still comes to one or two games a season and usually will do our tnt broadcasted game. That’s in addition to coming to all the jersey retirements, playing in the charity golf game ever year, and most major kings related events.

After who we just picked up that play the same position well Giles has to wonder where he fits in the pecking order.
Plus I see some players that may just not be around by the end of the year as I think was the case in Barnes last year some changes are still to come depending on how we play before the deadline.