[Game] Bucks @ Kings, Friday Jan. 10, 7 PM PT/10 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
This team doesn't have the ceiling of years past where there were a bunch of boom-bust prospects and it was just Joerger having veteran wet dreams. Who's really there to get minutes? Justin James?

Fox and Bagley are already important to the rotation.

Giles? There's no point thanks to Vlade.

Guy, Swanigan, Gabriel? Yeah, don't care.
Yeah, I guess you’re right on with the Giles one. Who cares about the rest. :/

Who would believe that the expectations would be for this team to reach the playoffs without Fox and Bagley? Only someone profoundly naive would believe that. What would Dallas be without Doncic & Porzingas, Portland without Lillard and McCollum, Utah without Mitchell and Gobert, Houston without Harden and Westbrook, OKC without Paul and Adams, Denver without Jokic and Murray? We know what GS is without Curry and Thompson. Just a little common sense is required. If you cut the heart out of a team for an extended period, you're going to be severely affected.
I just don't believe Fox and Bagley are anywhere near the talent level of any of the others you mentioned.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Grant was on the radio the other day saying if Fox hadn't been hurt this year, the Kings would have 3 more wins on the season.

Record with Joseph starting 9-11 (with 1 point losses to the Spurs and Boston, plus a 2 point loss to the Lakers)

Record with Fox starting 6-13 (all the close losses have been to bad teams like NO, Minny, Phoenix etc)

Obviously CoJo is not a better player than Fox but there's something very wrong with those numbers. The only good team the Kings have beat while Fox has been on the court this year has been Utah. With CoJo starting they've beat Portland, Boston, Denver, Houston, Dallas and OKC. CoJo's playing style works better with Walton's grind it out style. Since Walton has picked up the pace, the team has looked a bit better with Fox at the helm and playing fast.

Record with Bagley starting 0-3. Record with Bagley playing 2-7.

Those numbers are ugly as well. I'm curious to see how he looks with the step up in tempo on offense.

This season has been a disaster all around. 3 of our top 4 players in VORP are Holmes, Bjelica and Ariza with Fox squeezed in there in 3rd place (would more than likely be 2nd if he hadn't gotten hurt). The future is just not looking real bright right now.
Given those numbers above, what do you suggest? Trading them for 2nd rounders? After the first five games of the season the whole team was 0-5. I guess we should trade them all for 2nd rounders. If possible. :D

The Kings played fine against the Bucks. There were soundly beaten, but put up a fight.
It is against the crummy teams where the Kings really look bad.

Given those numbers above, what do you suggest? Trading them for 2nd rounders? After the first five games of the season the whole team was 0-5. I guess we should trade them all for 2nd rounders. If possible. :D
I'm just merely showing that the vast excitement we had with the "young core" is gradually slipping due to their ineffectiveness at the NBA level.

So far this season, the team has played better with Corey Joseph starting and averaging 6 points per game during that time. That's a fact. There's something wrong with that because Corey Joseph isn't a better player than Fox is.

The problem is Walton's offensive system doesn't fit Fox and it took Vivek giving him an earful to speed up the pace in order for him to change it.

Now the pace is sped up and I'm almost positive that even if these guys are coached to their strengths, their ceiling is still only the 8th seed in their best years. That's not a real high ceiling for a team that went through a total rebuild with two top 5 draft picks.

Personally, I don't care if Vlade gets fired and they blow it all up at this point because I don't see this going anywhere.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm just merely showing that the vast excitement we had with the "young core" is gradually slipping due to their ineffectiveness at the NBA level.

So far this season, the team has played better with Corey Joseph starting and averaging 6 points per game during that time. That's a fact. There's something wrong with that because Corey Joseph isn't a better player than Fox is.

The problem is Walton's offensive system doesn't fit Fox and it took Vivek giving him an earful to speed up the pace in order for him to change it.

Now the pace is sped up and I'm almost positive that even if these guys are coached to their strengths, their ceiling is still only the 8th seed in their best years. That's not a real high ceiling for a team that went through a total rebuild with two top 5 draft picks.

Personally, I don't care if Vlade gets fired and they blow it all up at this point because I don't see this going anywhere.
If I believed a mature Fox and a mature Bagley and healthy team would only be able to get to the 8th seed, I'd also be looking for a fire sale. That's where we differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.