Bring back Boogie? (split from Grant/Boogie thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entity

Hall of Famer
We are looking for a center that doesn’t require the max. One that can rebound and spread the floor. One that can create and if need be he can be a go to in the post at the closing of quarters when defenses lock down. Demarcus checks all those boxes. I think he could be had for 17 mil a year

Entity

Hall of Famer
Wow I didn’t mean to start a thread lol. Not really advocating just a thought. While we are on this line of thought. We need a center and a backup pg. cousins and Isaiah Thomas can both be had fairly cheap considering both are former all stars. And we could still get another valuable back up SF. Rudy Gay lol

Fox, IT
Buddy, bogdan
Barnes,Gay, brewer
Bagley, belli,
Cousins, Giles

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Desperate times call for desperate measures. If no one else wants him and we really need a player of his skill set...
That's just fantasy talk IMHO. Vlade thought long and hard before pulling the trigger to trade Boogie away. I don't see him bringing him back. "If no one else wants him"? Seriously? Did you listen to the national talk about him? I strongly suspect he will have a variety of offers from which to choose.

As far as Boogie even thinking about come back here? That ship sailed. Boogie is all about loyalty and commitment. The Kings are the ex-wife who all of a sudden starts looking really good but you know deep in your heart she's still the same person you simply cannot live with. Let it go.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wow I didn’t mean to start a thread lol. Not really advocating just a thought. While we are on this line of thought. We need a center and a backup pg. cousins and Isaiah Thomas can both be had fairly cheap considering both are former all stars. And we could still get another valuable back up SF. Rudy Gay lol

Fox, IT
Buddy, bogdan
Barnes,Gay, brewer
Bagley, belli,
Cousins, Giles
Oh good lord. You need a smack upside the head. :p

The only reason I split this out was because you posted it in the Grant/Boogie thread in the Off the Court forum, which as implied by the forum title, is not meant to be a discussion of actual basketball topics.

I wouldn’t mind it depending on the terms. Perhaps a 1 yr/$20m or 2 yr/$40m with a team option on the second year.

He does fit an area of need. Great rebounder, good shooter for a center and can obviously score.

Biggest problem is does he even want to play for the same GM he feels double-crossed by? And does Vlade want to sign him back? I doubt it...

SLAB

Hall of Famer
All in, if the price is right. You cannot run all the time, and having an ultra skilled big man to slow it down from time to time would be super valuable.

I’d also like to think there’s a spark of “what if/unfinished business” in the back of DMC’s mind, and he would get a heroes welcome from every single person not named Grant Napear if he came back.

All that said... I don’t think it will happen. I would love it. But I don’t think it’s in the cards.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I was a huge Cousins fan, but the old saying is, "You can never go back". The last thing this team full of young players needs is a bunch of drama, and trust me, there will be drama. It goes where Boogie goes. We have a thread right now discussing the drama between Grant and Cousins and Cousins doesn't even play on the team. How bad do you think it would be if he did? There is no way on Gods earth that Vlade would bring Cousins back.

If forced to choose between retirement and the Kings, Cousins would choose retirement.

We hit the reset button for a reason and we now have a very encouraging core with a ton of cap space available this offseason. As good as Cousins was, he isn’t worth the risk anymore. Approaching 30 and 2 serious injuries back to back, he will have a tough time getting a contract that’s anything close to what his talent level would normally dictate.

DMC was a good guy in the community but was a completely jerk in the locker room, specifically towards younger guys. He’s not a good teammate. I don’t want him anywhere near this young core. Not a winner.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Well this has to keep popping up until we sign or trade. Carmichael Dave including the thought in his tweets as well. Consider this for a fresh start. Nobody on this Kings team will have ever played with Demarcus. This will be the freshest start possible of a return were to happen. Buddy Hield is now the longest tenured King. 2 years and 3 months is the longest anybody on the team has been here

I would love to have Boogie back but I am not sure that he will come back. Loyalty is Love with Boogie and he felt, rightly or wrongly stabbed in the back by Vlade and co.

Boogie is a bit like Zebo in that it took him about 3-4 teams before the penny dropped and he changed his ways. I would love it if we brought DMC back and make the play offs in his first season back with the team that he so badly wanted to lead back to play offs.

Defensively, his fit here is troublesome but the rest of the skill set just fits what Vlade likes in players (dribble, pass, shoot and rebound)

I would love to have Boogie back but I am not sure that he will come back. Loyalty is Love with Boogie and he felt, rightly or wrongly stabbed in the back by Vlade and co.

Boogie is a bit like Zebo in that it took him about 3-4 teams before the penny dropped and he changed his ways. I would love it if we brought DMC back and make the play offs in his first season back with the team that he so badly wanted to lead back to play offs.

Defensively, his fit here is troublesome but the rest of the skill set just fits what Vlade likes in players (dribble, pass, shoot and rebound)
At the end of the day, money talks. If we committed at least 2/40 to him while everyone else paid him nothing, he'd consider coming back. We're starting to see these guys really value longer term contracts and try not to play on 1 year deals if possible.

Boogie was getting abused defensively in the playoffs. Like, they specifically switched on him. I was talking to a warriors fan and asked, is it the injury? I know defense wasn't his strong suit but I never remembered teams picking on him defensively when he was a king. He said, "No, cousins is horrible defensively." Was it the purple colored glasses that saw a slightly below avg defender when the rest of the league saw a defensive liability?

Or maybe even better, he'd quit. Would anything be better in life than Boogie rebounding to form, going for 25/14 a night, while the Kings rampage the league and Peaches trying to find a way to spin it that DeMarcus is satan incarnate?
...are the Kings a winning team with Cousins putting up 25/14? How does Fox and Bagley fit into this scheme of an offense ran through Cousins?

Cousins hasn't gotten into playing shape yet, and you wonder if he makes it back to his pre-injury athletic level - he has much conditioning work to do......he's been dealt nasty luck with his injuries. I dont think he's on the Kings radar, and vice-versa.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It's not going to happen. He's an ok teammate with a championship team, but with a developing team? Good luck on that. For his sake and his future team's sake, I hope he goes to a team with a solid veteran presence.

There may be something to it if Carmichael Dave is even bothering to type this. He has always said before that there was no chance in hell

Part of my heart wants this, but i know it won’t work out. No way we need to go down this road again

Poor Luke Walton if so loll

Status
Not open for further replies.