Break time

Hi. With five minutes left in the second quarter, and the Wiz up by 15ish points, I turned the game off. I then decided to abstain from watching the games and to log off from Kings Fans for the remainder of the season. The quality of basketball is abhorrent, the Kings don’t deserve to win games, and I find that currently supporting the team is without joy and purpose. If there is a massive shift (like Walton getting the boot) I’ll revisit. Otherwise, it’s time for a break.

I leave you with my very modest wish list for the offseason and a little beyond:
  • A coaching change. Specifically, the head coach. Not some shuffle amongst the development team.
  • Talent acquisition. Be it a stud, a reasonable lottery pick (don’t care what pick, as long as they can play), a couple of decent-ish but needle moving free agents, or someone who comes in via a trade. Doesn’t matter. As long as the team gets better.
  • A reasonable defence. It doesn’t have to be 2000’s era Detroit basketball. Something ranked between 10th – 15th in the league that doesn’t give up 60-70 points every half will suffice.
  • A team that can (and does) play 500 basketball or better.
Ciao. I might see you in the offseason.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
you should at the very least stick around the forum just for entertainment purposes such as reading fans' responses and PTSD-like attitudes towards anything Kings related because watching the game itself isn't worth it and besides, we need some people to come and join the NBA forum for when the play-ins begin, we get to watch some good, quality basketball :). Hope to see you there Turg

I’ve signed off numerous times this season. Only to be foolishly drawn back in again. Not anymore. Not this season.

I’ll follow via box scores and tune in when convenient, but for the most part my lack of caring has me not even knowing if there’s a game on a particular night.

Aligned with all your wishes except the defense. I cannot stress enough that you don't need to be a great defensive team to win in this league, as long as your offense is good. And looking at our roster, I think the reasonable path to hope for is defense around 17-20 and great offense.

Meh, you’re not the only one. I held season tickets with the team for 20 years. Gave them up 4 years ago. Watched every game up until last year on tv. I’ve probably watched less than 5 games this year. I still love the team but I just don’t have the desire to watch them anymore.

For anyone who has youtube TV, there is a great feature called - Catch Up Through Key Plays. I turned the game on mid 3rd quarter, clicked that feature and in about 10 minutes got a gist of the game and then watched until I realized they were toast, then turned it off.

I will probably watch this way the rest of the season.

For anyone who has youtube TV, there is a great feature called - Catch Up Through Key Plays. I turned the game on mid 3rd quarter, clicked that feature and in about 10 minutes got a gist of the game and then watched until I realized they were toast, then turned it off.

I will probably watch this way the rest of the season.
This works great for baseball games too.

It’s not you, It’s the Kings
the funny thing is if Monte had embraced the tank and said this direction is where we are going and played young guys people would likely have bought in and been okay with the same results.

But stating they wanted to make the play-offs, trading for vets, and calling it an “upgrade”..... then going on this losing streak has hit people hard.

the funny thing is if Monte had embraced the tank and said this direction is where we are going and played young guys people would likely have bought in and been okay with the same results.

But stating they wanted to make the play-offs, trading for vets, and calling it an “upgrade”..... then going on this losing streak has hit people hard.
I couldn't agree more. It’s also why I think if they would play the youth now and let whatever happens happen, they could possibly get people excited or at least intrigued again. This is too much of the same ol' Kings feeling.

I’ll give Monte the benefit of the doubt. This team was given the opportunity for a full evaluation of the players and coaching staff. He now knows exactly what he’s working with - a team that needs more talent and toughness.

I've been signed off. Given, my new job eats up most of my time. But the free time I do have has not been spent watching this godawful team. So god damn tired of this team sucking butt year after year. If it wasn't for Haliburton and Fox I wouldn't even check the box scores.

I’ve been pretty checked out all year as well. I do like Monte so far and giving him the benefit of any doubt considering what he inherited.
I try to not bag on players or coaches but will be real dumbfounded if Luke isn’t politely excused at the end of this season. There’s certainly an intriguing NBA assistant coach that Monte would like to give an opportunity.