Boston trade

Assume we draft a big that plays 4-5......

Do you trade to Boston
WCS + 36
For
Terry Rosier, 27 and Abdul Nader

This trade was proposed by some Boston people on the assumption they sign Smart.

Do this trade yesterday.
Why do so many people over value WCS?
On a good team, he’s a 7-9 option. On the Kings...He’s a starter.

What does he do well? Consistently! Nothing!

I absolutely would but Boston wouldn't do that.
I mean, kind of makes sense from there prospective. And I actually like the trade from both sides.

They'd be selling high on Rozier coming off a great run as a starter and his impact isn't nearly going to be as big next season with a healthy Hayward and Kyrie coming back. And WCS fits with a lot of their defensive principles and would flow nicely next to Horford and as a change of pace player to Morris. If they do end up paying Smart, they know they aren't going to be able to pay Rozier... so why not use him to get a player who's going to have a better impact on their title chances next year?

People saying we don't need another guard... what team are you watching? We desperately need another ball-handler/playmaker on the team. And Rozier would instantly be our best defensive back-court player. I also don't buy into Frank Mason at all as a good solution to back-up guard. Think there's plenty of room for Fox/Rozier lineups too as Rozier played a lot off Kyrie this season (22% at SG according to BBall Ref). Even if we draft Doncic, I'd still be all about this trade. Fox/Rozier/Bogdan/Buddy/Doncic is A LOT of firepower in the back-court and gives us a great opportunity to build a good offense off their backs. Lot of really good skill and versatility in that group.

I wouldn't. I know why some people would, there's a big hype around Celtics player now. I think many of their players are the result of the system they have in Boston. I don't believe Rozier, Smart, Baynes, Brown, just to name a few, would look the same in a different team.
The team that will overpay for Smart this summer will regret it, I'm sure. Same thing for Rozier. You don't buy high and sell low. That's what we would do trading WCS for Rozier, and then we would complain why WCS looks so great in their system and Rozier is half of the player he was in Boston.

Also, we already have Fox. Rozier doesn't make sense for us, unless you want to trade Fox, which I don't want.

This guy carried the Celtics in a handful of playoff victories and you guys would rather keep this mediocre big that shows up 1 in every 3 or 4 games?

Rozier's numbers have gone up every year. He's doing exactly what many players do before they break out. WCS is stagnant and has no hopes of breaking out when it comes to anything. Absolute no brainer of a trade.

The only reason why I say Boston doesn't do it is because I know they can trade him for something better than WCS.

I think it makes sense on both sides.

WCS fits the switch everything mode Brad runs and would be a good pick guy on the Kyrie pick and roll. Boston has good and young point and wings but Horford and Baynes are 31. They need to find a good young big and I think our pick will be around 10 next year not 5 as many expect.

I think Rosier is a point who plays best off the ball and would pair well with Bogi. I’m not sold on Fox and think we need help at the point. With the Pick upgrade we get Hutchinson from Boise

I think it makes sense on both sides.

WCS fits the switch everything mode Brad runs and would be a good pick guy on the Kyrie pick and roll. Boston has good and young point and wings but Horford and Baynes are 31. They need to find a good young big and I think our pick will be around 10 next year not 5 as many expect.

I think Rosier is a point who plays best off the ball and would pair well with Bogi. I’m not sold on Fox and think we need help at the point. With the Pick upgrade we get Hutchinson from Boise
Go ask Detroit about bostons system players. Besides what I think your insinuating is you want to trade fox.

This guy carried the Celtics in a handful of playoff victories.
What did he do in GM7 at home when it mattered most?

You may be sold by a single breakout season, but I’m not. I’ve seen players do that before and never become anything close to what you envisioned.

Plus he’s a 6’2” guard —- a position the Kings have covered. I like Buddy Hield’s potential near as much as Rozier’s so no need to trade for redundant parts.

I realize you hate WCS. Everyone gets that. But I’m among those that appreciate his ability to guard smaller players on the perimeter in switches and he did manage 12/7 this past season despite all the negatives you say about him.

I said this before, but I believe WCS is the type of player who is more valuable on a winning team. Not saying he is Draymond Green or anything, but sorta how Draymond fits in surrounded by all the talent they have. If Draymond is on a team like the Kings, all his shortcomings are exposed. I think if Willie is part of a good team with a true star or two, his value would be far more apparent.

Since I’m hoping the Kings become one of those teams in the next couple years, I’m hoping they keep Trill along for the ride.

Go ask Detroit about bostons system players. Besides what I think your insinuating is you want to trade fox.
I'm not insinuating anything. I am stating that given what I have seen so far I am not convinced Fox will be the answer at point. I think we would be wise to hedge our bet / give Fox some competition.

You may be sold by a single breakout season, but I’m not. I’ve seen players do that before and never become anything close to what you envisioned.

Plus he’s a 6’2” guard —- a position the Kings have covered. I like Buddy Hield’s potential near as much as Rozier’s so no need to trade for redundant parts.

I realize you hate WCS. Everyone gets that. But I’m among those that appreciate his ability to guard smaller players on the perimeter in switches and he did manage 12/7 this past season despite all the negatives you say about him.

I said this before, but I believe WCS is the type of player who is more valuable on a winning team. Not saying he is Draymond Green or anything, but sorta how Draymond fits in surrounded by all the talent they have. If Draymond is on a team like the Kings, all his shortcomings are exposed. I think if Willie is part of a good team with a true star or two, his value would be far more apparent.

Since I’m hoping the Kings become one of those teams in the next couple years, I’m hoping they keep Trill along for the ride.
I think the issue is if you have Giles, Bagley/Ayton, Skal, Koufus, WCS, and Z-Bo you are getting a little overloaded on 4/5's. Yes Z-Bo is retiring so take him off the list but that still leaves your with 5 Bigs. You want to keep KK in my opinion because he provides a different match up profile for the bigger stronger centers so that leaves you with Giles, Bagley/Ayton, SKal, and WCS. I don't hate WCS at all but I do think he is worse than Giles and Bagley/Ayton. I also think today he is more valuable than Skal as a trade option. Your 5th big option isn't going to get much time so better trade if for a strong back up point.

So basically Rosier didn't just break out. If you watched Celtics he has played well for a couple years. Buddy has no chance of defending the guards that Rosier guards. He doesn't have that kind of quickness and no neither of our current point guards Fox or Mason shoot as well as Rosier.

GP MIN PTS 3P% FT% REB AST
De'Aaron Fox 73 27.7 11.6 30.7 72.3 2.8 4.4
Terry Rozier 80 25.9 11.3 38.1 77.2 4.7 2.9

Not to mention at 27 we have the chance to draft a SF like Hutchinson from Boise.

He's a 3rd year player that just started coming into his own. I'm not going to crucify him for having an awful game 7 when he's only been in the league a few years. He played very well overall in Kyrie's and Smart's absence. Averaged like 17, 6 and 5 in the playoffs.

Rozier is a PG and Buddy is a SG so I'm not sure how this is redundant. I'd take Rozier in a second and let him and Fox battle it out for the starting PG position.

It's not about me not liking WCS. I'm still pulling hardcore for Skal and I'd trade Skal for Rozier in a second if the offer was ever available. The only guys I wouldn't trade for him would be Fox, Buddy and maybe Bogie. Most of our guys are not more talented than these guys that are succeeding in the playoffs. If they were, the Kings would be a playoff team and not a bottom dweller.