Boogie & Rudy's Excellent Adventure

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Am I only one who got the warm fuzzies when Vlade and Boogie shook hands when Team USA was being presented with their medals?

Maybe I'm just a sentimental softie
I saw that. Actually most of the players had warm and fuzzy hugs with Vlade except Davis and a couple others. I think it was especially warm and fuzzy with Boogie.

I was paying most attention to see what players seemed to have a friendship with Boogie. Harden seemed fairly close. I know Boogie tried to join the splash brothers (Curry and Thompson) so at least Curry had a connection. I have heard that people like his sense of humor in the locker room.

In the overall picture, Boogie seems more accepted by everybody.

A thought passed through my mind that if Coach K had any worries about Boogie balling up his fists against Jonas, it made no difference in how much time Boogie got. In fact, Boogie started the 2nd half. As I stated before, I think Boogie getting upset at a guy trying to decapitate him is a lot different than the excessive whining over what Boogie thought was a bad call. In the latter situation people throw around the word "immature." His reaction to Jonas was closer to normal. What was he supposed to do?

K

KingMilz

I am shocked that it appeared to me that Boogie dominated the game in the first quarter by playing defence. Who'd a thunk it?
Cousins when focused can do anything, the way he was playing makes me think greatness is really not to far away for him. I just loved everything about the way he played, I honestly thought he was the best big man defender durign the toruny for USA over the overrated Davis.

I'm starting to think we are destined to win the NBA finals cause look:

Summer League Champs- World Champs - All thats left is NBA champs :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Cousins when focused can do anything, the way he was playing makes me think greatness is really not to far away for him. I just loved everything about the way he played, I honestly thought he was the best big man defender durign the toruny for USA over the overrated Davis.

I'm starting to think we are destined to win the NBA finals cause look:

Summer League Champs- World Champs - All thats left is NBA champs :D
I'll take Pacific Division and Western Conference for now.

K

KingMilz

I'll take Pacific Division and Western Conference for now.
I'd probably take preseason champs tbh

Now on a serious note I don't know if it was me imagining things again but I really thought Kyrie and Cousins had some KILLER chemistry on the offensive end whenever they played together. Now I have been a Kyrie "hater" for a while now but the way he played with Cousins got me intrigued somewhat. Hopefully the Cavs get of to a rough start maybe we can make a decent package if we don't land Rondo/Bledose (still my preferred option). Cousins got more quality pick n roll passes in that one tourny than he did during his entire NBA career with Thomas as the PG.​

Hopefully this is what was needed to get a lot of the national writers off Boogies back and realize what we here in Sac already knew. Boogie is a beast and he's not even half as bad as the media portrayed him last season.

i have a feeling this positive national media attention Cousins got during the tournament is going to translate into the regular season and the big man will finally start getting recognition as the best Center in the league. I think DMC himself will take some positive steps on the court as well.

i have a feeling this positive national media attention Cousins got during the tournament is going to translate into the regular season and the big man will finally start getting recognition as the best Center in the league. I think DMC himself will take some positive steps on the court as well.
Yes, but a worry is coming off the high of winning, how would he and Rudy react to a poor start and being out of the playoff race after a few months heading towards the AS break?

Both will want to be competitive, be at least in contention for a playoff spot and have the taste of winning and success freshly in their mouths. And, just about all their teammates in Spain are on playoff teams and will be playing postseason ball. The pressure is on for us to win and at least be in contention for the 7th or 8th spot.

While I believe getting positive recognition throughout the league is important to Cuz and he feels as an AS caliber player he does want to make the team, I also am convinced winning and being competitive is more important to him and he really can't stomach losing all that well.

Rudy and Cuz are coming right of a winning environment and we really need to be hoping the glow of that success isn't ruined in only a couple months with yet another poor start to the season. This summer will be quickly forgotten if we come out of the gates 8-13 and are in 12th place in the West. We can't afford that. How we do that while surrounding them with Collison/Ben/Stauskas/JT/Ray/Landry and still not even a legit backup center is another topic. Some of those guys better seriously raise their level of play but outside JT, who is really a better 3rd big than a starting 4, we don't have anyone next to Rudy/Cuz who's a proven successful NBA starter. Collison ideally is a backup.

But when you hang out with and connect with guys like Durrant/Harden/Steph/etc, being out of the playoff picture will hurt even more.

Last edited:
Yes, but a worry is coming off the high of winning, how would he and Rudy react to a poor start and being out of the playoff race after a few months heading towards the AS break?

Both will want to be competitive, be at least in contention for a playoff spot and have the taste of winning and success freshly in their mouths. And, just about all their teammates in Spain are on playoff teams and will be playing postseason ball. The pressure is on for us to win and at least be in contention for the 7th or 8th spot.

While I believe getting positive recognition throughout the league is important to Cuz and he feels as an AS caliber player he does want to make the team, I also am convinced winning and being competitive is more important to him and he really can't stomach losing all that well.

Rudy and Cuz are coming right of a winning environment and we really need to be hoping the glow of that success isn't ruined in only a couple months with yet another poor start to the season. This summer will be quickly forgotten if we come out of the gates 8-13 and are in 12th place in the West. We can't afford that. How we do that while surrounding them with Collison/Ben/Stauskas/JT/Ray/Landry and still not even a legit backup center is another topic. Some of those guys better seriously raise their level of play but outside JT, who is really a better 3rd big than a starting 4, we don't have anyone next to Rudy/Cuz who's a proven successful NBA starter. Collison ideally is a backup.

But when you hang out with and connect with guys like Durrant/Harden/Steph/etc, being out of the playoff picture will hurt even more.
all of this is 100% on point. Hopefully we can make some strides as a team rather than Boogie (and now Rudy) being alone out there on 95% of the nights. And we saw in FIBA that DeMarcus is a capable defender. When he gets out there with guys who don't even bother tryin to stay in front of their man (Pizza Guy) it starts to make DeMarcus look like a worse defender than he is

I think it's important to note that Cousins D in the FIBA is aided by the fact that he can play less minutes, has fully capable players around him to handle the interior when he's out, and that he doesn't need to carry the offense at all. None of those things were true for Cousins on the Kings last year. What I hope is that they can instill an offense that doesn't need Cousins to carry it and pick up offensive fouls and extra body blows. Some depth would help as well.