Boogie & Rudy's Excellent Adventure

You know what, I'm going to take this time to give a little shout-out to Andre Drummond; I'm sure when he tried out for Team USA, he didn't anticipate watching the entire WC from the bench but, as near as I've been able to tell, he's been nothing less than a good teammate.
You know what, why did Plumlee get minuets in the 1st half before Drummond outrages.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
You know what, why did Plumlee get minuets in the 1st half before Drummond outrages.
Maybe they think he's better at defending the pick and roll?

I tell you what, people bag on Plumlee, in no small part, because of the training camp "controversy," but Plumlee impresses me as a smart player, who does a lot of the little things you like. I probably would have brought in a better defensive guard, instead of Drummond.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The only thing that makes me sad about this tournament is that, like I said back during Group Play, USA is basically the only country that's a member of FIBA whose players and fans think that the Olympics is a bigger deal than the WC. Whether that's because of hype, or marketing, or the Dream Team, I don't know. But my point is that, because of that, there are a lot of guys who bowed out of competing in the WC that are going to want to play in Rio (LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, et. al), which means that there are a lot of guys who played their asses off in this tournament, and will have earned a spot in Rio that aren't even going to get a serious look.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Very cool for Cuz and Gay and the rest of Team USA but very cool for King fans to have something positive to cheer about....hmmmmm, Summer League Champs, now a couple of gold medalists. What's next?!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The only thing that makes me sad about this tournament is that, like I said back during Group Play, USA is basically the only country that's a member of FIBA whose players and fans think that the Olympics is a bigger deal than the WC. Whether that's because of hype, or marketing, or the Dream Team, I don't know. But my point is that, because of that, there are a lot of guys who bowed out of competing in the WC that are going to want to play in Rio (LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, et. al), which means that there are a lot of guys who played their asses off in this tournament, and will have earned a spot in Rio that aren't even going to get a serious look.
I seriously hope the guys who worked their arses off here will be given consideration towards 2016. LBJ, KD, KL, etc. could have played - but didn't. To me, that means they forfeit their "automatic" ticket to Rio.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The absolute and pure joy on Boogie's face is so infectious. I am so proud of him and the rest of Team USA. They took care of business and they did it the right way - they simply demolished every single opponent by playing superior team ball. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The biggest worry with DeMarcus Cousins in his professional and now international career concerned his often-iffy pick and roll defense, and his attitude when things went pear-shaped. Baited all evening by both Serbian big men and guards, rarely getting a call from the referees on either end, Cousins still kept his cool throughout his road to the gold medal. And his defense in this Cup-winning contest was absolutely pivotal. He should be incredibly proud of his performance.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...ld-medal-at-the-fiba-world-cup-211212209.html

Cousins's per-36 numbers throughout the tournament:

24.7 PTS, 14 TRB, 3.3 STL, 2.6 AST, 1.8 BLK

Pretty good I would say.
Funny think is I think that's close to his per36 for the season switch the assists/steals. I'm expecting him to be at 25-13-3 this year too.

Besides the defense I really hope Boogie brings the intensity on offense. And I mean the way he would run down the middle of the floor all they way to the restricted line turn and plant his man under the hoop. Shaq talked about doing that a lot and how it gets you easy points.