Boogie and that All Star slot

Argh, Bulls commentators are idiots. Watching the Clipps game and they're discussing who should be a reserve between Cuz and Lee. They said Cuz is putting up "numbers as good as anyone else at his position", but do you take him over Lee who has "very similar numbers" on a team above .500. First of all, Cuz isn't putting up numbers "as good as anyone else at his position". He's putting up FAR better numbers. Lee might be on a winning team but his numbers aren't close to Boogies. Really, is it that hard for professional commentators to know what they're talking about? :mad:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Possibly, but every team has some talent. It would be hard to find a team that was comfortable with consistent triple-teams. Plus, must good teams have players that are good, thus need less help on defense.

It would be interesting to see a double-team rate for all the teams in the league. I would not be surprised to find that lower quality teams faced LESS double-teams than good teams.
But we have Cousins who HAS been doubled and tripled and the Kings are the team we are discussing.

Someone said IT was a franchise pg. Let's see what happens this game.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Argh, Bulls commentators are idiots. Watching the Clipps game and they're discussing who should be a reserve between Cuz and Lee. They said Cuz is putting up "numbers as good as anyone else at his position", but do you take him over Lee who has "very similar numbers" on a team above .500. First of all, Cuz isn't putting up numbers "as good as anyone else at his position". He's putting up FAR better numbers. Lee might be on a winning team but his numbers aren't close to Boogies. Really, is it that hard for professional commentators to know what they're talking about? :mad:
Yes, it is very difficult for them to understand what they are talking about. They will meet no resistance as the only people who know the truth are Kings fans or so it seems.

K

KingMilz

With his missing games and now the team having the worst record in the West it becomes that much harder imo, regardless of numbers I have a hard time seeing him getting in atm.

With his missing games and now the team having the worst record in the West it becomes that much harder imo, regardless of numbers I have a hard time seeing him getting in atm.
Missing games (along with Gay) and the team going to pot, could have the opposite effect. It shows how important he is.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Missing games (along with Gay) and the team going to pot, could have the opposite effect. It shows how important he is.
Could, but unfortauntely Andre probably has it closer to the truth given how close this whole race was.

Mentioned a coupe of weeks ago that this final brutal stretch of the season was coming at exactly the wrong time for Cuz. And then the injury just capped things. These last few weeks was a time when he needed to make a push, a final kick to leave a big impression. Instead we got a brutal stretch of games and opponents for Cuz, and then a injury to shut him down (and even an injury early in the game to shave his averages somewhat). So our record spirals, and Cuz's name isn't front and center the week+ before the coaches vote. Could hardly play out worse.

The lousy thing is that just immediately, I mean immediately: from Feb 2nd onward we suddenly hit a long weak stretch of our season and will have every chance to start winning games consistently. Just as soon as the All Star voting closes, THEN we get to pad our record/stats.

idk i kind of think this injury sealed his fate on not making the team.

Plus i think they are going to give the nod for those last couple spots to guys like Lillard (Team is winning, a lot) Nowitzki (Vet, former all star, champion,etc) David Lee (former All-Star, team winning) Anthony Davis (would be home town guy at the All-Star game)

Dwight Howard was just getting interviewed on NBA TV and they asked him about not being voted as a Starter. He said he thinks they should bring back the Center position on the ballot because there are a bunch of young Centers playing extremely well and Centers are on the rise. first name he brought up was DeMarcus, saying he is playing excellent for the Kings. So I thought that was cool that he acknowledged Boogie's great play, and he brought it up on his own, he wasn't asked about DeMarcus or anything like that

Does anybody know the situation with Westbrook and Chris Paul? I know they are both supposed to return after the All-Star break, and i'm assuming the coaches are going to select them to the reserves. So does that mean they are going to be missing the game and opening up 2 more roster spots?

Yeah, no, he won't get picked, but to me he is an all star. A bright spot of the season. Embarrassingly I was one of those before the season who didn't favor that extension and now I think he has the tools to be a legit top 5 player in the league.

K

KingMilz

potentially good news for us as Kobe has just been definitively ruled out. If that means commish gets to select a replacement, and if the commish is still Stern at that point...
Bad news is CP3 seems determined to come back for the All-Star game

Bummed the Boogie injury had to be NOW. He's not fresh in the WC coaches minds and the Kings have fallen back into obscurity after gaining some national traction after a few big wins late dec./Early January.

Jason Jones just tweeted that he could not confirm Boogie's status for the ASG either way, while Woj just tweeted that Lee didn't make it. Saw an earlier tweet that Howard did.

Interesting that Twitter (buoyed by sources--likely agents--willing to leak these early) has changed how these announcements are effectively made. Almost as bad as the draft, where every pick seems to be reported a minute or so before now.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Dirk is the bummer there. He was the key guy. He's not deserving in the WC at this point (although he would be in the East), but his inclusion means 1 of the 2 great young bigs (Cousins/Davis) misses.

remember, All Star game is normally 7bigs 5guards (used to be 2centers, 5forwards, 5 guards).

And remember the list I identified early in the year as separating themselves was:
Durant (in)
Love (in)
Aldridge
Griffin (in)
Howard (in)
Davis
Cousins
Dirk (in)

With the relatively good news that nobody went for Lee or Duncan just because thy were on winners, and the presumed exclusion also of Randolph, Pekovic etc., then unless somebody wants to take a SF just to take a SF, it has just as predicted come down to those 8 guys. Aldridge has to be in, so then its a straight 50/50 between Cousins and A.D. And once you get to that point, how unlucky is it the game is in New Orleans? And how unlucky the timing of Cuz's injury? I mean, jeesh.