Bonzi Wells Traded To Sacramento for BJax & OTag

Bricklayer said:
Mm...Bonzi really cannot play the 1, and neither can Kevin. Actually not sure Kevin can really play much SF either. We got bigger, but not sure we are much more versatile with a 2/3 in Bonzi rather than a 1/2 in Bobby.

Think Cisco can still be useful despite the minutes cruch as a 1/2/3 sneaking in for minutes whereever there is an opening. Kevin is the iteresting question here. He's really pretty much a pure OG. But as I mentioned, maybe if we swing Bonzi up to SF ala Jim Jackson it will clear minutes at the OG for Kevin to get some time.
yeah your right about Bonzi but what I really meant was like if he needs to bring it up some times to take some of the pressure off of bibby if he is getting guarded full court

HndsmCelt said:
Smart trade that still leaves the Kings hurting for true big men. Iwill miss Bobby and yes I will miss Tag. So does this mean tha Jason Williams will have 4th quarters off agian?
The Grizz are shopping J-Will pretty hard, and Jackson will apparently be the starter. Maybe white chocolate can come back to Sac and back up whiter chocolate.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
captain bill said:
The Grizz are shopping J-Will pretty hard, and Jackson will apparently be the starter. Maybe white chocolate can come back to Sac and back up whiter chocolate.
I'd love J-Will as a backup, but I doubt J-Will would love being a backup.

If possible I'd say do it, but I'm a Jason Williams fanboy.

AND, for those who know little to nothing about Bonzi here's his info from Hoopshype.com

Can score from everywhere, rebound, run the break, pass the ball, put it on the floor... More athleticism than you would expect... A threat playing in the post... Plays hard... Good defender... Lacks consistency... Has some baggage.

We have no clue what Garcia can play. I'd guess the 2 and *maybe* the 1
Martin can play nothing but the 2. His handles are bad so he can't play the 1 and he's too skinny for the 3, same goes for Garcia.

Bonzi can play the 2 or 3. You're not going to see him playing the 1.

jay dubb said:
This trade just made the Kings more " versatile" just like Petrie said he was going to do. Now we have guys that can play all kind of positions.

Garcia- Can play the 1, 2, and 3

Bonzi- Can play the 2, 3, and hey maybe even the 1

Martin- Can play the 1, 2, and 3

T

thesanityannex

Finally a move from camp Petrie. Personally, with Bobby out as much as he was last season, its easier for me to see him go. Reason being it seemed as if he wasn't on the team anyways. I'm glad he didn't play all year, then it would have been much too hard to say goodbye.
Good luck B-Jax, just don't blow us up next year when we meet Memphis. Imagine the ovation he will receive his first game back at ARCO.

O

ONEZERO

wow, jackson is gone. bibbys my favorite player, but jackson was right behind him. why all the injuries? WHY? i hate seeing him go, i really do. all i can see in my head is his layup against the mavs in 2002 where he hung in the air for like 4 secs. i even see all the old kings sitting together on the bench. but we have to move on, and i think this was a good start to the offseason.

Rowdyone said:
Let's see...we trade two players who basically didn't play last year for a SG (not shooting guard, we've had those...I mean Scoring Guard because Bonzi can create his own shot) who has trouble with discipline playing for a coach who demands none...Good Trade! But I will miss the Bobby Jackson of 2-3-4 years ago.
I think this is a great trade. Tag didnt play the first part of the season and when he finally did play, he was a non-factor. Bobby didn't play for most of the season so he really didn't contribute either. Sure, Wells is a bit of a headcase but....he can shoot, rebound, post up, and defend. This is a big step in the right direction. Someone also mentioned that we have the 5 million exception too. Now we are getting somewhere. BTW, I'll miss you Bobby. Good luck!

what do you mean garcia and martin cant play the 3 last time I checked these two guys are both 6'7 and long. Not every SF in the nba is 6'10 like Peja so I think these two could steal minutes at the 3.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
jay dubb said:
what do you mean garcia and martin cant play the 3 last time I checked these two guys are both 6'7 and long. Not every SF in the nba is 6'10 like Peja so I think these two could steal minutes at the 3.
6'7 and long, but both obcenly skinny.

If they could buff-up a little, then they could, but as of now they'd be outmatched.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
jay dubb said:
Yeah...6'7" and 185lbs. Martin is not really that long either. But the bigger issue is the lack of strength and bulk. Its not just about height. Just sweeping up and down the West Coast regions, the small forwards next year are likely to be Odom, Maggette, Dunleavy, Miles, Lewis, Marion etc. etc. Of those guys our skinny guys would be badly physically outmatched by everyone but Dunleavy. Just too weak.

well it just friday lets see wht going to happen next week .hope guys we got in spring petrite helping to pack there bags

BJAX GOOD LUCK WE MISS U

I think Garcia can handle the ball just fine, wouldn't surprise me at all to see wells and garcia at the guard positions, and then whomever for a frontcourt.

captain bill said:
I doubt Williams will want to become a backup especially to Mike. I wouldn't want him coming back though to be our backup, we need somebody who can put pressure on the ball, iniate our offense while Mike gets a breather and make some jump shots. While J-Will may be able to iniate our offense, he can't play any D and he has a horrible shot selection. Remember the 3 pt shots he would chuck on a fast break or with 20 seconds left on the shot clock?

mbkings10 said:
I doubt Williams will want to become a backup especially to Mike. I wouldn't want him coming back though to be our backup, we need somebody who can put pressure on the ball, iniate our offense while Mike gets a breather and make some jump shots. While J-Will may be able to iniate our offense, he can't play any D and he has a horrible shot selection. Remember the 3 pt shots he would chuck on a fast break or with 20 seconds left on the shot clock?

can eddie house play "D"? did you vote for him as a backup for mike now that jackson is gone? because you have a good point. our new backup point guard will have to be able to initiate the offense and put some pressure on the ball. like Lindsey Hunter

I'm really sad about BJax. Loved him, but he hasn't been the same since cheap shot Shaq broke his hand. Bonzi is part of what we need to cover last season's weaknesses.

I really really can't see us keeping both Martin and Garcia now, and I'm assuming they'll be part of our trade package that gets us our better than average big guy.

I'll miss Bobby Jacks, but I will watch Memphis now and root a lil when they aren't playing the Kings.

:eek:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!:eek::mad::eek:

AND BONZI IS GONNA WALK!

BOBBY *sniff* ...at least I met him *sniffle*

BobbyJ_for3! said:
:eek:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!:eek::mad::eek:

AND BONZI IS GONNA WALK!

BOBBY *sniff* ...at least I met him *sniffle*
Bonzi walk? Only if we let him. He could be very retainable next season.

sN0rtON said:
LoL. I'm not a professional basketball analyzer, but I'm wondering why Utah gave up three players for Ostertag.
Money for FA's NEXT year. Big Tag's contract expires... besides I thinkm Sloan missed him...