Bogdan in action overseas

Russians clearly came out with a plan to double and sometimes triple team Bogdan as soon as the ball is heading his way. He didn't handle the attention all too well in the first half.

Got a bit more agressive in the second half and created for himself and his team mates. If only team mates could catch his passes (yes I am looking at you Kuzmić) things might have been different. Still some excellent passes that shows he is clearly a class above most of the players in Europe.

With Serbia down by 3 with 2.5 seconds left and Bogdan at the line, the plan was for him to hit the first and intentionally miss the second so that Marjanović or Kuzmić can try for a put back to send the game into overtime. Bogdan missed the first, then also the second and the game was over. Shved (all game long) and Mozgov (late) were key to Russia's win. For Serbia Bogdanović and and Marjanović were still our two best players in the game.

Serbia beat Turkey, 80-74.

Bad first 3 quarters for Bogdan, always had 2 defenders on him, with really tough defense on him, he didn't have a chance to shoot at all. Refeeres didn't protect him too. He had (i think) 3 points in the first half , and maybe 2 in third quarter. Serbia had 6-8 points lead all game long, and then in 4th quarter, Turkey made a comeback, with 2 point lead. And then.... Bogdan did his thing! Hits 2 amazing threes in a row (5 minutes before the end), then alley-up layup and 2 free throws. Finishing the game with 17 points (6-12 FG, 3-7 3pt), 4 rebounds, 2 assists for 32 minutes.

Serbia beat Turkey, 80-74.

Bad first 3 quarters for Bogdan, always had 2 defenders on him, with really tough defense on him, he didn't have a chance to shoot at all. Refeeres didn't protect him too. He had (i think) 3 points in the first half , and maybe 2 in third quarter. Serbia had 6-8 points lead all game long, and then in 4th quarter, Turkey made a comeback, with 2 point lead. And then.... Bogdan did his thing! Hits 2 amazing threes in a row (5 minutes before the end), then alley-up layup and 2 free throws. Finishing the game with 17 points (6-12 FG, 3-7 3pt), 4 rebounds, 2 assists for 32 minutes.
Thanks for all these updates bro! Much appreaciated. Bogs is gonna be great for us. Easy player to cheer for.

According to one USA media portal, Bogdanovic is starting SG in the European dream team. Llull, Bogdanovic, Antetokounmpo, Porzingis and Gobert, with bench: Pau and Marc Gasol, Batum, Dragic, Jokic, Teodosic, Nowitzki. Thats not a small thing :D
Eh, if we're being honest here, Dragic and Batum are easily better than Bogdanovic. Not sure why they wouldn't have the later 2 start over him... plus, they missed my man Doncic! :eek::eek:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Eh, if we're being honest here, Dragic and Batum are easily better than Bogdanovic. Not sure why they wouldn't have the later 2 start over him... plus, they missed my man Doncic! :eek::eek:
I wouldn't argue against Dragic, but I'm not sure that Batum is better. I guess we'll see. Plus Dragic is a PG, unless their talking about his brother, and if so, then Bog's is better than him. Anyway, doesn't matter because neither Dragic or Batum is on our team, so naturally, our guy has to be better, no?:rolleyes:

I wouldn't argue against Dragic, but I'm not sure that Batum is better. I guess we'll see. Plus Dragic is a PG, unless their talking about his brother, and if so, then Bog's is better than him. Anyway, doesn't matter because neither Dragic or Batum is on our team, so naturally, our guy has to be better, no?:rolleyes:
Si'.

He's been impressive. Shown a complete array. I don't know if you can take too much from the Euros as generally NBA talent does dominate (Bojan Bogdanovic, Fournier etc.), but I expect a healthy camp battle for sure. It will be interesting because I'm not sure either Bogdan or Buddy have their sights on being a sixth man if their are chemistry issues with that or not if they don't elect to play Bogdan at SF

I'm excited about havings Bogs play for us, but I'm also beginning to worry about the toll all these games are taking on him, not to mention the increased chance of injury. There won't be much of a "camp battle" if Bogs comes to camp with a limp, or worse.

He's been impressive. Shown a complete array. I don't know if you can take too much from the Euros as generally NBA talent does dominate (Bojan Bogdanovic, Fournier etc.), but I expect a healthy camp battle for sure. It will be interesting because I'm not sure either Bogdan or Buddy have their sights on being a sixth man if their are chemistry issues with that or not if they don't elect to play Bogdan at SF
I think Fox will be our 6th man. If I'm Bogdanovic, I'm definitely fighting for the starting job. I think his playstyle would fit much more next to Hill.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer

If you are a GM and traded the most talented center in your franchise's history for someone you intend to use as a bench player, I really, really question the motives at that point. Hopefully this isn't another Nik Stauskas/Benny Mac situation where they talk like they know how it's going to fit together and clearly, they didn't. I don't think it will be that severe because I believe there is a good shot that Bogdan can play both PG and SF next to Buddy.

I think Fox will be our 6th man. If I'm Bogdanovic, I'm definitely fighting for the starting job. I think his playstyle would fit much more next to Hill.
It's true that Hill/Fox would seem to fit better with a playmaking SG. Although I'm still a big Buddy believer myself

If you are a GM and traded the most talented center in your franchise's history for someone you intend to use as a bench player, I really, really question the motives at that point. Hopefully this isn't another Nik Stauskas/Benny Mac situation where they talk like they know how it's going to fit together and clearly, they didn't. I don't think it will be that severe because I believe there is a good shot that Bogdan can play both PG and SF next to Buddy.
This is an opinion, not a fact or attack.

Perhaps Vlade's motivation was more to do with finding Cousins ( whom I like) a new team, and a little less about the return. I believe personally that the fact it was centered around Buddy had more to do with getting Vivek to sign off on it, with a little hard truth about DMC's current value around the league sprinkled in.

If Buddy is to be the starting SG for the next several years, it should be because he is the best one suited for the position on our roster.

I don't think it's what Buddy would expect as well, if Bogdan beats him out and both play SG, which would make things interesting IMO. Would there need to be a trade at that point?

I don't think it's what Buddy would expect as well, if Bogdan beats him out and both play SG, which would make things interesting IMO. Would there need to be a trade at that point?
No we control his ass for 5-6 more years if he can't accept a 6th man role 30mpg than I don't want him anyways.

This is an opinion, not a fact or attack.

Perhaps Vlade's motivation was more to do with finding Cousins ( whom I like) a new team, and a little less about the return. I believe personally that the fact it was centered around Buddy had more to do with getting Vivek to sign off on it, with a little hard truth about DMC's current value around the league sprinkled in.

If Buddy is to be the starting SG for the next several years, it should be because he is the best one suited for the position on our roster.

I personally think they got the return they wanted as far as the main piece went. There was way too much smoke around draft time that year suggesting Vlade really wanted Buddy. In the end I think the rumors were proven correct.

You still have to have some semblance of a roster that makes sense for any player to succeed. The Kings have been mired in the same positional muck for too many years to again stack the dominoes in towards each other. Right now the word of the day is positionless. If that's truly the idea then this could work. If not, then adjustments will need to be made sooner than later. It really all depends on how it's coached at this point.