Bill Simmons thinks we won't make the playoffs this year...

vj9999 said:
Who ever lists "Mrs. Christie is still around" as one of the reasons why we won't make playoffs looses all/any credibilty in my opinion.

Will people leave DC alone for godsake?! Funny that tha's the only flaw people can find in DC
I find it it interesting that people find loyalty to ones wife and family as being a flaw. I think he should be applauded for his willingness to accept the criticisms of others and not care or pay attention to the hurtful things people say regarding how they display their love for one another.

simmons needs to stick to the red sox. i LOVED all his articles the day after each playoff game, but anything else, FORGET IT. he sucks at it.

and i actually like rome. he is a butt, he dogs on guys i love like bonds, the kings etc, but he dogs everyeone. he's been ripping kobe since shaq got traded. at least he's fair. anyone catch the vadar interview yesterday LOL i nearly died :D

VF21 said:
I've lived through the days of the Kings not making the playoffs. You do not want to go down that path, honest...

Seriously.
I've lived through some losing seasons too. It has to happen eventually, so all the wishes for it not to come don't really matter.

Elektrik said:
I find it it interesting that people find loyalty to ones wife and family as being a flaw. I think he should be applauded for his willingness to accept the criticisms of others and not care or pay attention to the hurtful things people say regarding how they display their love for one another.
I totally agree with you. I didn't mean DC had a flaw, but that peoplae are making a big deal out of it and ridiculing him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kev.in said:
I've lived through some losing seasons too. It has to happen eventually, so all the wishes for it not to come don't really matter.
It has to happen eventually, perhaps, but there is no logical reason to assume the Kings will not make the playoffs - especially the way the league looks now.

4cwebb said:
And, perspective has something to do with the way we played...Don Nelson made some remark about getting an "easy" game in New Orleans' home opener b/c his team had already played once. I don't think the Kings approached their second game with the same type of attitude (and the opponent has something to do with it, but not all to do with it).
Ah yes, perspective-
'easy' game- New Orleans
not so 'easy' game- San Antonio

Yep, seems about right.

The Kings missing the playoffs is about as likely as them finishing last place in the West. Pretty much impossible, unless all their starters get injured at the same time.