Bibby's defense is improving.

It hasn't been alot but he hasn't been giving up after being beat. I've noticed he's been trying a great deal more on defense. He didn't allow Ford and Ridnour to run around him. It's funny what difference it makes when you try on every possesion.

Good Job Bibb.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
CaminoChaos said:
It hasn't been alot but he hasn't been giving up after being beat. I've noticed he's been trying a great deal more on defense. He didn't allow Ford and Ridnour to run around him. It's funny what difference it makes when you try on every possesion.

Good Job Bibb.
So...his defense improves but he has five turnovers?

I'm immediately reminded of Kelly Bundy, who was studying her lines for a commercial. She remembered all the lines but forgot her name, what the ringing sound was (a door bell), etc. because she only had room in her memory for so much. Once maximum absorption had been reached, something had to go...

Relevant? Not necessarily...

;)

S

Smart_guy3

His Defense might've Improved but his game has been bad this year I think it's easy to say that Vlade/Webber/Christie made Bibby's life alot more easier in the Basketball court. Cause Webber was the best when making a Pick & Roll move and he would kick it out to Bibby and BAM! this team seems to be lacking any kind of movement when getting the ball.

Smart_guy3 said:
His Defense might've Improved but his game has been bad this year I think it's easy to say that Vlade/Webber/Christie made Bibby's life alot more easier in the Basketball court. Cause Webber was the best when making a Pick & Roll move and he would kick it out to Bibby and BAM! this team seems to be lacking any kind of movement when getting the ball.
I take it you didn't watch the Jazz or Bucks game

S

Smart_guy3

Gtronic said:
I take it you didn't watch the Jazz or Bucks game
Of course I watched it, but I don't see any kind of movements that has the Kings playing moveing the ball Instead of standing around again it's part of process I guess.

He's still pretty awful as a one-on-one defender, in my opinion. He doesn't do anything to limit point guards from seeing the floor, and he glances away from time to time and allows himself to get beat. He's fouling and trying to block shots after his man gets around him, but he's still getting beaten.

We'll see how he does with Tony Parker tonight

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Jer said:
He's fouling and trying to block shots after his man gets around him, but he's still getting beaten.

We'll see how he does with Tony Parker tonight
Mike is never going to be a defensive juggernaut. Just not gonna happen. If he sticks with the play, however, and dishes the foul and at least tries to block the shot, that's at least being involved.

;)

VF21 said:
Mike is never going to be a defensive juggernaut. Just not gonna happen. If he sticks with the play, however, and dishes the foul and at least tries to block the shot, that's at least being involved.
Sure. I can forgive him to a certain extent because some people are just simply better at defense than others, but he does things on the defensive end that are more related to effort than ability in my eyes. It really irritates me when he's looking somewhere else and his man runs by him for a layup, or when the opposing point guard is surveying the floor and Bibby's laying WAY off with his hands dangling at his sides.

If I saw him struggling to get through screens, trying to stick to his man, and trying to disrupt the point guard's playmaking abilities, I'd be quite a bit more forgiving!

Bibby is never going to be a good defender.... let's just accept the fact that he will never be a stopper. He lacks the latrel quickness to stop more athletic and quick guards. However, I think Bibby's team defense has improved vastly in the last few games, he seems to be poking away balls, disrupting the opponents offense, getting steals and you can see there has been some effort on his part. I hope this trend continues and he gets better at it. (Not sure how he was today on defense, as I haven't watched the game yet.)