Bibby 0 assists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who's watched Mike play before this year knows what I'm talking about. The Mike of this year isn't playing like that because he isn't being used like that. His skills didn't suddenly disappear. If he ignores an outlet pass, it isn't because he doesn't see it. He's just the better option to take the shot.

BMiller52 said:
You've got to be kidding me... You know what? Who cares about Mike, we don't need any outside shooting! Start Jason "the brick wall of defense" Hart!:rolleyes:
I'm dead serious. Why should anyone get a free pass. Peja for sure isn't getting one. I have always positioned my self as a team fan and found offence in a single player bashing. When people are willing to give one player a free pass, for no reason and not give the other one, then I'll position my self and not give either one a free pass.

Bibby is just as responsible as anyone else. I was kind of sarcastic in comparing him with Price, but that's besides the point.

It's all relative. If there was a standards of achievement test, then Bonzi would be the only one to pass on this team. Even though Bibby has failed the test, he still has a higher F than Peja. Though, with this in mind, I think Bibby has still gotten somewhat less than he's deserved in terms of criticism. The recent threads are making up for it.

S

Smart_guy3

Zyphen said:
It's all relative. If there was a standards of achievement test, then Bonzi would be the only one to pass on this team. Even though Bibby has failed the test, he still has a higher F than Peja. Though, with this in mind, I think Bibby has gotten somewhat less than he's deserved in terms of criticism. The recent threads are making up for it.
Sorry, but Bibby deserves the critcism he has recieved through the fans... he's horrible on defense he does not have a playmaking style something we need right now through this current group.

Bibby and Peja have been a disappointment this year.

T

thesanityannex

Smart_guy3 said:
Bibby and Peja have been a disappointment this year.
The whole team has been a dissappointment. Funny you don't mention Miller as being dissappointing.

S

Smart_guy3

thesanityannex said:
The whole team has been a dissappointment. Funny you don't mention Miller as being dissappointing.
Bibby is responsible for everything he is the Leader and he should know that a PG should not get 0 assists in a game it's a disgrace to the game. he's not a playmaker he only brings scoreing and thats it Mr. Softy Peja is the same thing.

Miller deserves blame but not more then Bibby and Peja they have been crap this year.

Could we evenly put blame on the core 3, they were the ones supposed to lead the team but instead just have let the team fail. Right now our two best players are shareef and bonzi and they have been here for the least amout of time.

thesanityannex said:
Everyone has been dissappointing except SAR and Wells because we didnt know what to expect. Our big 3 havent done what they need to do and our bench is invisible.

T

thesanityannex

Smart_guy3 said:
Bibby is responsible for everything he is the Leader and he should know that a PG should not get 0 assists in a game it's a disgrace to the game. he's not a playmaker he only brings scoreing and thats it Mr. Softy Peja is the same thing.

Miller deserves blame but not more then Bibby and Peja they have been crap this year.
Did you even watch the game last night??? Or is all this based on some box score you read??? If you noticed while reading your box score, Peja and Bonzi were out, which left the scoring up to Bibby, Miller, and SAR. It was so obvious that Bibby was option number one out there. Adleman told him to score and that is what he did. You keep referring to him as a point guard and how he has to have assists, well guess what, the only thing point guard about him is his size. He is a SG, and has played like that for a long time. When Christie was here, he pretty much ran the point from the 2 and let Bibby score. Were you complaining back then?

T

thesanityannex

Smart_guy3 said:

Miller 05- 13.3 ppg 7.7 rpg 6.0 apg
Miller 04- 15.6 ppg 9.3 rpg 3.9 apg

Bibby05- 19.0 ppg 3.0 rpg 4.7 apg
Bibby04- 19.6 ppg 4.2 rpg 6.8 apg

Peja 05- 17.0 ppg 4.5 rpg 2.4 apg
Peja 04- 20.1 ppg 4.3 rpg 2.1 apg

piksi

Hall of Famer
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Sorry man I just cannot buy that premise at all. Peja is an overhyped overglorified role player. Brad came along after the fact.

Sure - I am surprised that You are not in the NBA because You can average 20 pts easily. Everybody can do it - right ?

thesanityannex said:
Miller 05- 13.3 ppg 7.7 rpg 6.0 apg
Miller 04- 15.6 ppg 9.3 rpg 3.9 apg

Bibby05- 19.0 ppg 3.0 rpg 4.7 apg
Bibby04- 19.6 ppg 4.2 rpg 6.8 apg

Peja 05- 17.0 ppg 4.5 rpg 2.4 apg
Peja 04- 20.1 ppg 4.3 rpg 2.1 apg
All three of their numbers appear to have slipped... They all deserve the same amount of blame.

piksi said:
Sure - I am surprised that You are not in the NBA because You can average 20 pts easily. Everybody can do it - right ?
Peja is averaging 17 on 41% shooting.

Bibby is the only King even close to 20ppg and this thread was set up to criticize him.

I don't think it's relevant that Peja can play basketball better than me.

piksi

Hall of Famer
I don't think it's relevant that Peja can play basketball better than me.
well, You seam to know that he doesn't belong in the NBA - and I was wondering how do You know ? Seams - You have no clue anyway because according to You - all people who elected him to be a 2nd team all NBA in 2004 - are clueless- I don't think so.

Why is it always Peja Vrs. something
Peja vrs. Webber
Peja vrs. Adelman
Peja vrs. Bibby

Can Peja fans ever just blame Peja for Peja's failings.

P

pedro

playmaker0017 said:
Why would you insult the legions of Point Guards out there by calling Bibby one?

I mean, let's just set it straight .... Bibby is a SG. The reason he loves, and works so well, in the Princeton offense is because he doesn't have to set up the offense. He gets to dump the ball in and run around off of picks and such ... looking for ... HIS shot.

PG used to stand for PASSING GUARD ... and that's a lost art in today's league. Guys like Bibby only exacerbate the fact when they are called "all-stars" and "leaders".
lmfao. good stuff

pedro said:
bibby is so getting traded
Good trade him. If not to the Sixers (which I would love), how bout the Knicks? Trade Bibby for Marbury. I could still watch a lot of the games because NY is not that far. It would be my first trip to the Garden. :p

BBallGrl15 said:
Good trade him. If not to the Sixers (which I would love), how bout the Knicks? Trade Bibby for Marbury. I could still watch a lot of the games because NY is not that far. It would be my first trip to the Garden. :p
i would personally lead kings fans to arco ...while wielding my torch and pitchfork....

T

thesanityannex

Pedro,

You've yet to come up with a valid reason and replacement for Bibby. Do you mind sharing your brilliant plan of what to do with Bibby?

hey all u bibby haters he tried hard so many people could have givin him assists but we missed all the open shots he set up so its not his fault we dont make our shots!we need to get rid of peja aka da choker!

Brad was right to call you fickle fans. Really unbelievable how Kings fans get all cannibalistic like this sometimes.

Mike Bibby gave you some of your best moments - took over that Dallas playoff series.. has the heart to cooly knock down jumpers and free throws in money time... replaced JWill and took the team the rest of the way to "elite" status.

For anyone to knock Bibby makes me sick. His defense is poor. But you seriously seriously think that Mike Bibby is one of the top TEN problems on this team? He is surrounded by rookies, Brad, and sometimes Peja (when Peja's pinky is up to the challenge). Mike is in a hopeless situation.

Who is he supposed to be dishing to? I remember one play vividly where he set up Brad for a patented wide open 17 footer and Brad was too stupid or chicken to take it.

Bibby having zero assists is a disgrace... to his teammates.

Bibby and Bonzi are the only two worthwhile NBA ballplayers the Kings have.
Ditto.

playmaker0017 said:
I'll admit ... Bibby runs the pick and pop a lot better than the pick and roll. He also does it a lot better with Miller than Reef ... but I think it's because he can't run the pick and roll. He's not talented enough passing-wise.
You're joking, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.