Ben McLemore in the Dunk Contest

Word on the interwebs is that Ben McLemore is in the Dunk Contest.

Pretty loaded dunk contest

Kevin Bryant ‏@KevinRashidi 23m
Since Marc Stein just broke it il finish it. Ross, George, Wall, Ben McLemore, Lillard & Barnes will be in the Slam Dunk contest at ASW.

nice to see a Kings player representing the Kings in NoLa.

Maybe Jimmer will be in the 3pt contest and DMC in the big game ;)

As long as he finished instead of clanking them into the rafters like he's done too many times this season. Good for the kid to get the call.

Make sure to hold on to the ball!

I noticed tonight that Ben often dribbles into his wrist instead of between his fingers and palm. Yeesh.

K

KingMilz

Ben imo seems way to a nervous type person to win it, I predict he will brick the majority of his dunks.

Good for him. Not really relevant comparing it to in game dunking as it's not nearly the same thing. His athleticism is great - he won't be out of his depth in the dunk contest. Now, creativity is another thing altogether. I'm not sure if he's the creative dunker type, so I'm not sure if he'll do something out of the ordinary. But who knows! Good luck to him and great to have someone representing the Kings at ASW.

Nice! Would be a great confidence booster for him to have a good showing. Kings.com had all those sweet highlight dunks that he did during practice and after practice. So I feel like this is something really in his element. In-game dunking is much different.

There were a lot of videos put out by the kings to start the season of Ben dunking after practice. He has some impressive dunks in his arsenal.

I've lost some appreciation for all-star weekend in general. I think the use of props and a second player passing in the dunk the ball in the dunk contest is lame. I liked the way the all-star game used to be when people actually played some defense and really wanted to win the game.

They are changing the All-Star Dunk contest format this year and i think it could favor Ben because he wont be in the spotlight as much. They are doing East vs West, and First round they are doing like a freestyle where everyone just goes out and dunks like a jam session

Last edited:
It seems kid gets stage fright at times playing regular games so I do wonder how he will do in front of millions of eyes solely on his moves. Earlier in the year he had a penchant for bricking dunks so hopefully he has been practicing
Obviously I will be supporting him and this could be a confidence boost for his career

Last edited:
Have to call it like it is Ben's game is really raw and it should not be a surprise to anyone because that's how he was advertised pre-draft and he even had to red shirt at KU. Aside from that I think the coaching staff will make a player out of him and Ray but it's certainly a project and the PT he is getting now will pay off down the road.

They are changing the All-Star Dunk contest format this year and i think it could favor Ben because he wont be in the spotlight as much. They are doing East vs West, and First round they are doing like a freestyle where everyone just goes out and dunks like a jam session
pretty stupid.. I thought fan voting was already stupid enough because the stars will always win. This surpassed it, however to be honest, these last few years have sucked. I used to call Blake's dunk over the car overrated, but the dunk contests after that have sucked. Maybe a new feel to it will bring it back. But I think they should have the judges vote again.