Bee: Tough times hurting Bibby

People seem to disregard the fact that most of the players that have played in Sacramento REALLY like it!! Don't you think that word of mouth is a pretty powerful thing?

Also, people that are not familiar with the area think of Sacramento as the Donwtown/Capitol. The reality is that Placer(where the players live) and El Dorado County are growing rapidly.

So, even though there may not be as many strip clubs and bars as the BIG cities there's plenty to occupy your time. Even if your in your mid 20-s. Certainly, Sacramento/surrounding are has as much to offer as Milwaukee-San Antonio-Portland-Indianapolis-Charlotte-Memphis-Minneapolis.

People seem to disregard the fact that most of the players that have played in Sacramento REALLY like it!! Don't you think that word of mouth is a pretty powerful thing?
What is most? A heckuva a lot of players have been thru here. Players at one time welcomed new players with, "welcome to hell." Although I don't think any player ever had anything bad to say about the fans. Of course, no one booed the team back then, even tho we sucked worse than now.

When the Maloofs took over and the team became a contender for a title and it was clear a winning and fun brand of basketball was being played here, then players wanted to come and really liked it here. The fans were a bonus.

With a change in coaching, the possibility of the team being moved in the very near future, mediocre basketball being played, no hint of being a contender for anything anytime soon,and fans either not showing up or showing up and booing, don't you think that will change?!

1) a Cleveland deal has long just made so much sense from the Cavs perspective it was completely obvious. Problem being that they simply do not have the right kind of contracts/assets to make it work for us one on one. We should, I would hope, be after Varejao and their #1, and could probably get them. But then you still have to match contracts, and the Cavs just don't have guys in the range who make sense for us.

2) Mike has said several times he does not want to go. Every player who has made that mistake has been traded shortly thereafter. We tolerate no loyalty in these parts.

3) Furthermore, depending on what we are looking at/for, it could make sense for BOTH sides. Mike may not want to move, but he's neither a superstar nor a cornerstone type player, and if the options are to hang around using up the remaining years of his prime in a long rebuilding process, or getting moves to go help LeBron try to chase a title, well...

4) And Mike, the "sort of people you are dealing with" are the sort who many not even give you a call if something happens. Its the NBA, its a business, and you of all people shouldn't have any illusions about the Kings being any different. Worse maybe, as its just one scapegoat after another around here beause of delusionally out of whack expectations.

5) "Entering this season, Kings director of player personnel Jerry Reynolds set what seemed to be an accurate tone when he predicted Bibby's finest season yet." Sam, you just admitted to thinking Jerry Reynolds had an accurate read on Mike Bibby. What's Marty up to anymore?
That would soooo make my season!

at first if they did trade him becasue I believe he does truly want to stay here. I think though he would get over his hurt feelings in time. I personally would love a Bibby and Kenny Thomas deal to Cleveland for say Varajeo,Daniel Gibson, and a 1st round pick. I don't know if the contracts all work out, but that is something I would like to see happen. We could than start Rahim and have a good hustle rebound guy like Varejo backing him up and than although young start Gibson at the point and Price or Salmons backing him up.
If we get Varejao, and I say he starts.

I would love to get Gibson/Pavlovic/Varejao in a package..

Gibson defends and can shoot..

Pavlovic is a versatile SF who can drive and shoot

Varejao is a player that is very rare in the NBA.. PF's are a dime a dozen, but PF's that hustle on every play and provide that energy are very difficult to find..

SFs and SGs are a dime a dozen, but a really good PF/C is one of the most treasured players in the NBA -- as well as one of the most expensive.

I'm sure that what you meant to say was "PFs like KT and Mo Taylor are a dime a dozen." ;)
Correct.. The PF that can put up between 8-12 points and can get 5-7 boards a night are pretty easy to find..

But, a hustle player that does all those little things are very difficult to find.. Although Varejao probably will never be all star caliber, his type of game and energy is really valuable.. Especially on a playoff team or a team challenging for a spot..