Because some people can't not keep bringing up Cousins (split from the Playoff Standings Watch thread)

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I will begrudgingly accept that there are people that didn't like Cousins for whatever reason but I vote keep as is so I can remind myself they are really petty about it.

Dude was our only all-star over a long period in which the franchise had few things to cheer for other than surviving the Maloofs.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
That's not really what brought this on. There were posts about Dallas complete meltdown and someone took the opportunity to take shots at Boogie. Just uncalled for.
uncalled for yes but perhaps the poster or posters who commented on Boogie saw similarities in Boogies antics here with the Kings and the same in Dallas, albeit Dallas has advanced and made the Playoffs since Luka was drafted but that is beside the point

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
uncalled for yes but perhaps the poster or posters who commented on Boogie saw similarities in Boogies antics here with the Kings and the same in Dallas, albeit Dallas has advanced and made the Playoffs since Luka was drafted but that is beside the point
We've all seen them. Usually we use that to point out that Luka might struggle here not to bash Boogie.

I will begrudgingly accept that there are people that didn't like Cousins for whatever reason but I vote keep as is so I can remind myself they are really petty about it.

Dude was our only all-star over a long period in which the franchise had few things to cheer for other than surviving the Maloofs.
I’m not saying this to start a Domas v. DeMarcus debate, but imagine if the KINGS had been able to assemble this same type of team around Boogie during his prime. He’d be remembered a lot differently, even by the haters.

Hell, all that needed to happen, really, was for the KINGS to have drafted Steph Curry in 2009 over Tyreke Evans. By 2011 or 2012, that duo really would have started to take off. Even if they continued to blow every draft pick after 2010 (Like they actually did).

IDK how any team defends Boogie down low with Steph out on the perimeter. And vice versa. How does any defense double and jump out 5+ feet behind the line on Steph with that physical beast down low in the paint.

I’ve often thought what could have been had the Magoofs not been so hands on by that time and thoroughly impressed by Tyreke’s ability to physically punish all the other PG’s he worked out against during the pre-draft process. Derrick Rose‘s performance the season before really hurt the KINGS imo. The Magoofs thought they were getting Rose 2.0.

Petrie ultimately may shoulder the blame for that decision, but nobody can convince me he really made that pick. The Magoofs passionate and overly sensitive speech about “things changing” and Petrie’s history of valuing shooting and passing above most everything else tells me all I ever needed to know.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I’m not saying this to start a Domas v. DeMarcus debate, but imagine if the KINGS had been able to assemble this same type of team around Boogie during his prime. He’d be remembered a lot differently, even by the haters.

Hell, all that needed to happen, really, was for the KINGS to have drafted Steph Curry in 2009 over Tyreke Evans. By 2011 or 2012, that duo really would have started to take off. Even if they continued to blow every draft pick after 2010 (Like they actually did).

IDK how any team defends Boogie down low with Steph out on the perimeter. And vice versa. How does any defense double and jump out 5+ feet behind the line on Steph with that physical beast down low in the paint.

I’ve often thought what could have been had the Magoofs not been so hands on by that time and thoroughly impressed by Tyreke’s ability to physically punish all the other PG’s he worked out against during the pre-draft process. Derrick Rose‘s performance the season before really hurt the KINGS imo. The Magoofs thought they were getting Rose 2.0.

Petrie ultimately may shoulder the blame for that decision, but nobody can convince me he really made that pick. The Magoofs passionate and overly sensitive speech about “things changing” and Petrie’s history of valuing shooting and passing above most everything else tells me all I ever needed to know.
Just draft Dame instead of Thomas Robinson or whatever the hell his name was and we'd be better than Portland was all this time.

idk if yall saw the Luka 16th technical today, in another loss, n now he'll be suspended for tomorrows game..

BUT

it sure made me think of this thread

Was that even a foul he's complaining about? I didn't see much.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Oh, if Luka is suspended they might with with just Kyrie tomorrow. lol

Was he fouled or did he get the foul? gonna have to goggle it I guess.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
So the Mavs just lost to the Hornets again.

And Doncic picked up a technical foul in the third quarter, which means a 1 game suspension unless it is rescinded.

Dallas is now a half game out of the play-in with 7 games left to play. If they lose to the Pacers with Luka out, that'll be a very costly suspension for them and make it an uphill battle to not miss the postseason completely.

Just draft Dame instead of Thomas Robinson or whatever the hell his name was and we'd be better than Portland was all this time.
Or Giannis instead of McLemore, as the departing Geoff Petrie all but advised the incoming front office to do.

Or Klay Thompson instead of Jimmer in 2011. That coulda helped make up for not drafting Curry. Boogie and Klay could have certainly done some damage together,

And if they grab Dame or Giannis after that, it’s a potential perennial contender for SAC rather than GSW.

It was there for the taking sans terrible, meddlesome ownership.