Bagley.

Ayton became physical monsters over the summer. Maybe it's because Bags sees himself as a three and others saw themselves as future big men. Maybe it was because his circle thought he may still be growing and lifting would stunt his growth. Or maybe he needs to fire his trainers and hire new trainers. Whatever it was, if he comes in looking the same next year, questions about his priorities, circle, and work ethic will only get louder.

It may not seem as so, but I'm rooting for him. Time will tell.
How long was Ayton suspended due to the use of PED's?

How long was Ayton suspended due to the use of PED's?
Shorter than Bags has been out. I said it at the time on Realgm. Most Roids abusers don't simply lose the advantages once they've been caught. There was an article that said Ben Johnson was still running faster than the fastest in the world a year after he got busted and had stopped Roiding. The physical improvements become foundational blocks that they can build on after their suspension. Now, I'm not saying Bags should turn to Roids, but...dude needs to ramp up his physical training 2X.

Collins must be mvp potential than he creates points for himself and was at 19/9/2 in his second year. Bagley catches lobs cant back down Derrick Jones jr but somehow has star potential, absurd. What skill set does Bagley have that makes you say this? He can’t shoot , can’t go right, can’t create for others, too small to play the 5. That’s not a star potential guy we should be hoping for a decent number 2 guy in Bagley.

Morant/JJJ are light years ahead of Fox/Bagley it’s not even up for debate
Just like the Warriors were light years ahead of the NBA?

He should be watching tape after tape of Pascal Siakam and try to mold his game around his. I think physically he has all the tools but I don't know if he does mentally.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Is it so hard to stay on topic? Jeeze. I know some posters don't care, but I do. I don't have infinite time to read hundreds of posts (and regurgitations of the same post) on topics that I could care less about and that have little or nothing to do with the thread topic. It just makes sense to honor people's time and stay on topic. Doesn't it? When the thread doesn't work for you, find or start one that does.
Coach Walton benched Bagley too when he came back from his first injury. In the little playing time he's had this season he's had to fight for touches with a second unit that included 2 other demoted starters trying to get their spots back as well. It's all sortof the same topic. The big picture is that the team has been shuffling players around since literally day one and hasn't really clicked yet. It's hard to draw any conclusions about our young players from this mess of a season when everyone is under-performing relative to what we saw last year and the coach still hasn't arrived at a rotation he's happy with.

Coach Walton benched Bagley too when he came back from his first injury. In the little playing time he's had this season he's had to fight for touches with a second unit that included 2 other demoted starters trying to get their spots back as well. It's all sortof the same topic. The big picture is that the team has been shuffling players around since literally day one and hasn't really clicked yet. It's hard to draw any conclusions about our young players from this mess of a season when everyone is under-performing relative to what we saw last year and the coach still hasn't arrived at a rotation he's happy with.
This is the exact same team as it was after All-Star break last year in terms of performance/record. Bagley is also not fighting for touches he's averaging slightly more FGA's this year than he was last in basically the same playing time and they are doing the same force feed it to him in the post type game.

Really? Only one game that he took less than 10 shots and he has a very healthy usage rate of 25.9 this season, which is third on the team (behind Fox and Hield). This is flat out wrong. The kid is getting the ball in his hands plenty, when healthy.

It's tough to make stats work on a guy who hasn't played but a handful of games this season in inconsistent situations.

This season is not the same as last by any means. The supporting cast has changed enough to alter rotations and change the identity of the team. Most importantly, the coaching staff and offense has changed. It's had an impact on certain players more than others. Our best players regressed. It took a large number of games for Fox and Buddy to find their footing. Dedmon, who was supposed to be the complimentary big man to Bagley, never got a shot to play for whatever reason.

Bagley had played 13 games, including the games he was injured in. Not to mention, when he came back from the broken hand, he was wearing a brace that affected his shooting, was playing with a different unit than he spent training camp and preseason working with and the coaches had decided they weren't going to be a running team anymore. Bagley gets injured again, comes back and starts to play better all around after he gets a good couple of games under his belt, then injures the same foot again, which means he wasn't 100% healthy when he came back to begin with.

His health concerns are fair, as is the job of this training staff. But there is almost no consistent foundation on which to base his stats on for this season.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
No way does a sprain have this much uncertainty. It's a break. It's a fracture. It's ebola of the foot. It's the Walton disease. It's the Ming disease. It's the Oden disease. Wherever your imagination can take you, it is that bad. It's not a sprain.

No way does a sprain have this much uncertainty. It's a break. It's a fracture. It's ebola of the foot. It's the Walton disease. It's the Ming disease. It's the Oden disease. Wherever your imagination can take you, it is that bad. It's not a sprain.
Sounds like a Lisfranc injury and he / team is trying to avoid surgery.

Pure speculation of course. But the the way it's been reported leaves the door open for speculation.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Frankly, with all the reporting over the last 1.5 weeks, I’ll be surprised if we see Bagley in a Kings jersey again.
I for one will hold the fans accountable if this happens. People love to toss the word "embarrassment" around in here. Well, I'm embarrassed by the vitriolic sentiment expressed by some Kings fans towards Marvin Bagley. You want to know why we can't have nice things? Well, look at some of the vile comments made about Bagley.

Kings fans never used to be like that.

I for one will hold the fans accountable if this happens. People love to toss the word "embarrassment" around in here. Well, I'm embarrassed by the vitriolic sentiment expressed by some Kings fans towards Marvin Bagley. You want to know why we can't have nice things? Well, look at some of the vile comments made about Bagley.

We can’t have nice things because our dumba** front office passes them over for inferior talent.

I’d also say the majority of Kings fans are now smart enough to know when they are being fed a line of bulls*** and are no longer willing to just tolerate it.

If he can’t handle fans complaining he’s in more trouble than he thinks, Sacramento fans of all people

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If he can’t handle fans complaining he’s in more trouble than he thinks, Sacramento fans of all people
Seriously? Are you that myopic?

There is an incredible gap between complaints and the kind of hostility I've seen towards a player who is in no way responsible for where he was picked in the draft. A handful of you seem hellbent on destroying Bagley or cheering his setbacks because the front office didn't do what you wanted. The ultimate social media temper tantrum IMHO.

Seriously? Are you that myopic?

There is an incredible gap between complaints and the kind of hostility I've seen towards a player who is in no way responsible for where he was picked in the draft. A handful of you seem hellbent on destroying Bagley or cheering his setbacks because the front office didn't do what you wanted. The ultimate social media temper tantrum IMHO.
Do you think Sacramento is the only place that does this? This happens everywhere and quite frankly it’s not even that bad what he’s receiving, hell Luke has gotten more hate than him. If what’s happens with Bagley happened in a bigger market than this he’d be in some trouble. If he’s looking at our comments and he’s affected by it than I’ll gladly drive him to the airport myself if he’s traded.

Also if Bagley was producing anything or looked like a future star he wouldn’t be criticized as much. At this point it’s not even about Luka going after him

Dave probably saw injury prone movements of Bags that's why he kept benching him until he changes his rhythm. Just like Crash (Wallace), careless pogos will break their own body.
Papa Bags should have kept his coachie mouth shut when Dave was winning games even if his son was used as backup. Now I have will to point fingers to him for breaking his own son's body, and again maybe the conditioning crew does not work well with Walton's style of playing his players especially the bigs that don't shoot from the perimeter.