Bagley not in opening night rotation

Ya'll are something else. Talking about how nice the fans are as you dance on a mans grave. LOL.
When ironically they might be dancing on their own grave. Cutting 2 lottery picks this close together if Bagley gets waived? Haha, yeah, good luck getting any trust from agents. And if the 3 guard experiment doesn't work? Oh boy, lets not even go there.

The other funny thing is the Kings have a lot more pressure to win early on this season because of this, which might actually be a good thing. Even though we all know it's totally incorrect since the team plays much better small pundits are going to question the optics of sitting a number 2 pick so you can play role players like Maurice Harkless.

I've maintained all along if he had his dad (and now agent) STFU and said one or two nice things about the city he'd be beloved. The problem is his team has entitlement syndrome. He's a guy who did/said all the right things to get picked at 2 but since then it's been entitlement after entitlement. Does not help that the big stars in the playoffs go get surgery after winning titles but he is out for weeks at a time every time he breaks a nail. It's why a guy like Holmes is beloved and supplants him after 10 games and Fox, Haliburton (and probably already DM) are untouchable to Sac fans.
Once Vlade was gone Bagley never had a chance. Heck, Vlade didn't do him any favors either and couldn't wait to put role player options in his way from day 1 just like he did with De'Aaron. Which just goes to show you how legit badass Fox is that he's the ONLY one out of a long list of lottery and first round picks to make it beyond the unnecessary muck of a franchise that is the Sacramento Kings. The Kings were quick to get it out there that Vivek, Viveks son, Viveks gardener, his dog groomer, his daughters vocal coach, that guy at the grocery store, and everyone in between didn't want him and were totally down with Luka. haha. Vivek sees Marvin Bagley and can't help but be disgusted lol.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Again, MBIII started 42 of 43 games he was eligible for last season. The notion he didn't get a chance because the Kings doesn't hold up. Good players on bad teams shine. How many Kings have gone on to huge success after leaving? Sure occasionally there are guys who find a niche but do tell me who are the guys that we held back?

You can make a case for IT but in the immediate aftermath he was even worse in Phoenix and only succeeded when the Boston team basically was built to showcase his strengths. That team then promptly traded him instead of giving him a new deal and he has been a journeyman ever since. Yes, injuries. But yes, injuries are the real culprit for Bags too.

Again, MBIII started 42 of 43 games he was eligible for last season. The notion he didn't get a chance because the Kings doesn't hold up. Good players on bad teams shine. How many Kings have gone on to huge success after leaving? Sure occasionally there are guys who find a niche but do tell me who are the guys that we held back?

You can make a case for IT but in the immediate aftermath he was even worse in Phoenix and only succeeded when the Boston team basically was built to showcase his strengths. That team then promptly traded him instead of giving him a new deal and he has been a journeyman ever since. Yes, injuries. But yes, injuries are the real culprit for Bags too.
Only if they are used right and are given rope. They stuck him at the 3 as a stretch big and he actually didn't do too bad. Nothing about his potential screamed that as the way to the top. They signed players like Dedmon, Metu, and a host of others that interfered with the success of a number 2 pick regardless of whether or not Bagley should have put his dead down and worked harder. Harder schmarder, that's tanking the value of an asset so you can win. Well, did they win with the other options? NOPE. Now if this were the first go around with this franchise drafting odd combos or fits and then doing nothing other than bumble away that value time and time again, even if the players were subpar, then fine. But sorry, if you've committed 10 murders you probably will catch the finger if body 11 shows up in the same town whether you did it or not.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The reason he couldn't be the 5 is because he can't defend like a 5. The reason he can't stay on the court aside from injury is because he can't defend. I do think that was probably why people were geeked on Dedmon, he was supposed to be able to play outside on O and still be a more traditional center on D according to people who probably never watched him play.

The ironic thing about the defensive argument is that the team didn't get significantly better on defense when Bagley was out. However, when Fox and Haliburton were out and Delon and Davis got extended time, the defense took off.

The ironic thing about the defensive argument is that the team didn't get significantly better on defense when Bagley was out. However, when Fox and Haliburton were out and Delon and Davis got extended time, the defense took off.
All that says is the kings backups are better than other teams backups at defense.

The reason he couldn't be the 5 is because he can't defend like a 5. The reason he can't stay on the court aside from injury is because he can't defend. I do think that was probably why people were geeked on Dedmon, he was supposed to be able to play outside on O and still be a more traditional center on D according to people who probably never watched him play.
And his lack of defense meant what to the franchise in the meantime? Less winning? Or lost value? We know he lost value for sure. The injuries were tough but even when healthy winning that never came was supposedly the excuse. If you are a young team shine up those young pieces. Don't continuously tank them otherwise, well, you will be the Kings. Now we have a new season to look forward to where hopefully that winning finally does come. Bagley's on pace to be another Papa G which regardless is still a big fat L for the franchise.

He probably told him his planned 10 man rotation. But that changes quickly if someone gets in foul trouble or hurt.
It's going to be interesting. Luke is in a tough spot because clearly Len and Tristan have to play and playing small is mandatory. This is just as much a mess created by the FO as anyone with this summers unfinished business. You don't continuously dangle guys like Buddy and just shrug your shoulders and tell everyone to buck up. It doesn't usually work with NBA players and their thin skin. I commend Buddy for not being all **** you all as it is, haha. Luke has to be and should be on a very thin line at the start of the season so maybe this is a sign he knows that and is going to get those W's at all costs. The problem is he has a history of burying talent (Randle/Ingram) so win now role guys can get a step up. Which usually sets back your franchise long term but oh well.

I'm done with Bagley. I've been done with him for awhile but was hoping he could regain some value and bring us something of value in return. But if the reports are true, his only value since last year's trade deadline was as a swap for a 2nd round pick, then he basically gives us nothing except a weak link on defense. We'll do better by subtraction.
Any of you who are worried about this "break up" making us look bad... I don't give a chit if it does or doesn't. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do and not worry about how it looks.

To clarify, I meant letting Bjelica go home and pout for a month.
It's Monte's fault a grown man pouted at home?
Have to disagree with almost all of your post. Bogi and the Bucks effed up, Bjelica acted like a diva and he really isn’t that good, and Marvin and his camp can kick rocks. Monte is on top of things
Period. The revisionist history is hilarious, as if people are just pissed Vlade isn't here to dump on anymore. Monte just got here folks, let's not direct vitriol at the wrong front office.

Last edited:
That Twolves fan:

1. Never watched any Kings games outside of those against the Wolves.
2. And when he did, he only paid attention to the Wolves.
3. Thinks offensive production is the only thing that matters. Defense, efficiency, IQ, and hustle/non-stats plays that contribute to winning ball are off his radar.

It’s year four. His body looks the same, his game still looks exactly the same. He’s 22, so there’s hope, but at this rate, he’s looking at a Marquise Criss type of career.

Wasn’t the pouting because he was losing his spot to an inferior player because they wanted to showcase him or see what they had in a #2 pick because he was injured years before? If anything that’s an argument FOR how the kings treated bagley well.
Not sure how we're now defending a grown man for pouting and running home because he lost his spot in the rotation. Especially to prove why MBIII shouldn't complain about losing his spot in the rotation.

Listen, I understand that fans are upset because MBIII hasn't lived up to their wishes and that he doesn't profess his love for the city and fans. That is a Sacramento requirement. Everyone has a right to feel that way and I respect it.

Not sure how we're now defending a grown man for pouting and running home because he lost his spot in the rotation. Especially to prove why MBIII shouldn't complain about losing his spot in the rotation.

Listen, I understand that fans are upset because MBIII hasn't lived up to their wishes and that he doesn't profess his love for the city and fans. That is a Sacramento requirement. Everyone has a right to feel that way and I respect it.
im just calling out the defense of bagley pouting or complaining through his agent/dad/whatever by bringing up bjeli and hispouting. kinda a pot/kettle situation. why i bring it up is because that situation is actually because the kings were actually doing bagley a favor in that situation, which defeats the argument of kings not treating him well.

im just calling out the defense of bagley pouting or complaining through his agent/dad/whatever by bringing up bjeli and hispouting. kinda a pot/kettle situation. why i bring it up is because that situation is actually because the kings were actually doing bagley a favor in that situation, which defeats the argument of kings not treating him well.
Understood. My argument is that the Kings didn't put MBIII in a situation to succeed. No one in their right mind thinks that Bjelica and Marvin are the same type of player, but the Kings told Marvin to take on the role of floor spacer, sink or swim. That's not giving an opportunity. That's setting him up for failure.

Doing Marvin a favor would have been having him do pick and rolls all game long like they do with Holmes. Walton prefers Holmes. That's fine. But just putting MBIII on the court is not doing him a favor unless you're playing to his strengths.

It’s year four. His body looks the same, his game still looks exactly the same. He’s 22, so there’s hope, but at this rate, he’s looking at a Marquise Criss type of career.
Actually, athletically I feel like he is not as explosive as he was his rookie year. His play in his rookie year got me excited because, while there were obvious issues to work on, it felt like he had some unique physical tools. The quick jump ability, etc. At least as a rookie I felt like he could be an elite rebounder/garbage man as a floor to his career. Maybe it's because they have pushed him to work on his other skills, but I just don't see that anymore.

Actually, athletically I feel like he is not as explosive as he was his rookie year. His play in his rookie year got me excited because, while there were obvious issues to work on, it felt like he had some unique physical tools. The quick jump ability, etc. At least as a rookie I felt like he could be an elite rebounder/garbage man as a floor to his career. Maybe it's because they have pushed him to work on his other skills, but I just don't see that anymore.
I think it's part where he's playing on the court, part how defenses are defending him, and part motor. The athleticism, I think is still there and the second jump, is still there. It's just that the second they put a body on him, he folds (literally).

Bags has the physical ability to play like Dennis Rodman. Bouncy and quick feet. But he doesn't have the perspective (trying to be a three), motor and, until proven otherwise, doesn't have the IQ (reading rebounds, playing aggressive on the ball and team defense) to play like Rodman.

Understood. My argument is that the Kings didn't put MBIII in a situation to succeed. No one in their right mind thinks that Bjelica and Marvin are the same type of player, but the Kings told Marvin to take on the role of floor spacer, sink or swim. That's not giving an opportunity. That's setting him up for failure.

Doing Marvin a favor would have been having him do pick and rolls all game long like they do with Holmes. Walton prefers Holmes. That's fine. But just putting MBIII on the court is not doing him a favor unless you're playing to his strengths.
He sets terrible picks. He mostly just rolls.