Bagley not in opening night rotation

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
To clarify, I meant letting Bjelica go home and pout for a month.
I mean what was he supposed to do? The only reason Monte was able to find any deal of value for Bjeli, who was also having a catastrophically bad shooting season was precisely because he waited until the last possible minute to trade him. And of the dude is pouting the entire time, it’s probably for the best to send him home anyways.

I mean what was he supposed to do? The only reason Monte was able to find any deal of value for Bjeli, who was also having a catastrophically bad shooting season was precisely because he waited until the last possible minute to trade him. And of the dude is pouting the entire time, it’s probably for the best to send him home anyways.
I get it. There is a communication problem somewhere though. Too many players leaving this team irritated with how they were handled on their way out by coaching or management.

Have no problems with the Kings hoping to see a contract year Bagley rehab his value. They gave him the runway, he didn’t earn his minutes. Still has a full year to do so.
Have to assume that either they are concerned about his knee or that he isn't meeting the defensive expectations (or both). I am sure if he did what he was asked he'd crack the rotation, just playing him because he was a high pick 3+ years ago at this point is not doing anyone favors.

He started 42 of the available 43 games last season. I am tired of hearing how it's anyone's fault but his. I hope he can turn it around but honestly he's probably going to wind up signing the reduced QO and out of the league.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Have to assume that either they are concerned about his knee or that he isn't meeting the defensive expectations (or both). I am sure if he did what he was asked he'd crack the rotation, just playing him because he was a high pick 3+ years ago at this point is not doing anyone favors.

He started 42 of the available 43 games last season. I am tired of hearing how it's anyone's fault but his. I hope he can turn it around but honestly he's probably going to wind up signing the reduced QO and out of the league.
Ironically getting stuck in that lower tier QO category might be better for the long term health of his career.

Have no problems with the Kings hoping to see a contract year Bagley rehab his value. They gave him the runway, he didn’t earn his minutes. Still has a full year to do so.
On the surface this makes sense. But there were enough people that didn't think sticking Marvin in the corner was going to be in his best interest.

I stated many times in the past that the Kings have to choose between Marvin and Holmes and whoever isn't chosen has to go. It should have been clear from the start.

On the surface this makes sense. But there were enough people that didn't think sticking Marvin in the corner was going to be in his best interest.

I stated many times in the past that the Kings have to choose between Marvin and Holmes and whoever isn't chosen has to go. It should have been clear from the start.
welp Schwartz made the decision for us. Ty to him lol

My point here is that the people with the big complaints against Monte might be PO'd because they were given big promises by Vlade. Plus Marvin.

Bogi asked out*, we made a great deal for him, and they appear to have blown it up.

*eta - maybe that's wrong, but he was talking to Giannis about going to MIL and happy to move there until ATL offered even more.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Monte handled Bogi wrong. He handled the Bjelica situation wrong. Handled letting Marvin go home during an injury wrong. Why would we believe Monte and Luke got it right this time?
Have to disagree with almost all of your post. Bogi and the Bucks effed up, Bjelica acted like a diva and he really isn’t that good, and Marvin and his camp can kick rocks. Monte is on top of things

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Also my favorite part of twitter is dudes who have never seen Marvin Bagley play coming up with deals to "buy low" on him without realizing that he'll immediately tank their defenses and his dad'll probably complain if he doesn't start.

Also my favorite part of twitter is dudes who have never seen Marvin Bagley play coming up with deals to "buy low" on him without realizing that he'll immediately tank their defenses and his dad'll probably complain if he doesn't start.
Tell me about these deals?

My twitter is overrun by the Timbers and Thorns sending out ST renewal letter/survey today. Bagley is my good humor.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Celtics fans are trying to figure out ways to buy low on him despite them barely having any cap maneuverability and him not being able to play with Tatum probably.

They already have Jabari Parker. Why do they need a second one but with a loudmouth dad?

Nobody is going to trade for him (other than a complete flyer) when they know he’s not going to get the qualifying offer from the kings at the end of the year. He’ll be an unrestricted free agent and likely can be had for cheap. The only hope is as a throw in with Buddy to get salaries to work.