Bagley needs to start or Joerger gone?

Great point by Koz and Jerry on the post game show.....the team is close and this probably will just pull them closer together
This is another reason why it might have been done. Vlade had someone put it out himself as a way to drive the guys together. Hey... Phil Jackson put a Hitler mustache on Adelman and showed it around the locker room during the playoffs one time. People do crazy crap.

There is doubt around the pick? Not from the organization
How could they admit that?

It’s a questioned pick at large, and I don’t want his camp becoming a distraction instead of taking responsibility for him to be better than who is in front of him (wouldn’t be hard). After the MVP comments, now this.. No distractions, no above the team stuff. It’s part of me not feeling good

Is this crap true? And who leaked it? I would fire whoever let this outside of the organization. The players don't need this type of disfunction around them. Just a bad look.

As far as the actual lineups are concerned. I think moving Bjelica to the bench would squash Fox's development. Maybe if you go WCS/Bagley in the starting then you put Bogdan in at the 3 so you have Buddy/Bogdan to create some space for Fox? But even then WCS/Bagley will get into echother's way. Maybe If WCS can knock down the elbow jumper like CWeb the two can play together? Or trade WCS and commit to Bagley? But it would be Bagley at center then. He does play like a center, but I wish he was bigger.

Just slow slow slow you're roll. ANY one could have "leaked" this. Or could have flat out made it up. Or made it look like it was coming from inside. Could have been Bagley's agent or his "crew". Could have been a rival front office trying to create a distraction. Could have literally been some reporter needing to have a story.
I don't think writers especially a well respected one like Haynes would go out of his way to crap on this team for clicks.

Right now, I think Vlade needs to find out who the hell leaked this to the press.

Is this crap true? And who leaked it? I would fire whoever let this outside of the organization. The players don't need this type of disfunction around them. Just a bad look.

As far as the actual lineups are concerned. I think moving Bjelica to the bench would squash Fox's development. Maybe if you go WCS/Bagley in the starting then you put Bogdan in at the 3 so you have Buddy/Bogdan to create some space for Fox? But even then WCS/Bagley will get into echother's way. Maybe If WCS can knock down the elbow jumper like CWeb the two can play together? Or trade WCS and commit to Bagley? But it would be Bagley at center then. He does play like a center, but I wish he was bigger.

Not playing your two best shooters in Bogdan and Buddy together is a whole other issue and larger than Bagley starting IMO but I have not liked what I've seen with Bagley and Willie out there together. Especially if they are moving away from pick and roll. That makes them far less dangerous and will indeed allow teams to close off that mid paint area Fox has been dominant from.

The Rockets played their starters a minimum of 27 minutes and we only had one at 25 and one had 30.
If you have little faith in most of your starters then give it a change.

The opponents the last few games are blowing by and attacking our bigs and until we can slow it down its going to be ugly. They are exploiting our slow PF and Willie gets boxed out way too much or just fails to get position often enough.

Why not go with Bagley at PF and Bogi at SF? Then If that’s not working then we need to make that trade for someone who is going to help.

How could they admit that?

It’s a questioned pick at large, and I don’t want his camp becoming a distraction instead of taking responsibility for him to be better than who is in front of him (wouldn’t be hard). After the MVP comments, now this.. No distractions, no above the team stuff. It’s part of me not feeling good
That's the fear. Let's count on Vlade to handle it.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I hate this unnamed sources crap. It's just like Reynold's said: Who is the source? What is the agenda? What is the accuracy?

Even if it's true, it absolutely should not be aired in the public arena. Basically, it's an attack on the organization as far as I am concerned. An attack that is aimed at the cohesiveness of this team and the authority of the coaching staff.

I'd love to have Bagley play more, but Joerger has got to be the one to make the decision on the matter. Is there anything wrong with Divac talking to Joerger and suggesting some things if Divac wants Bagley to play more? Not at all. They all have to discuss players and their progress or not on an ongoing basis. But this kind of thing just makes Joerger look bad if he does play Bagley, in which case he's the weak tool of management, or if he does not play Bagley, in which case people, especially players, wonder how long coach is going to be around.

Whatever source put this out there should be ashamed of himself.

Even if it's true, it absolutely should not be aired in the public arena.

this i disagree with, We obviously don't know the whole score, we're just guessing from the sidelines.

It's not out of the realm of possibilities that the Kings themselves leaked this purposefully..

Lets say Joerger went rogue on us like Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now, and he's using rotations spoken to him by a voice in his head instead of what the front office likes, leaking a 'report' to try to appeal to him, and show him they mean business publicly when previous attempts at reaching him have gone unsuccessful might end up getting the job done.

I hate this unnamed sources crap. It's just like Reynold's said: Who is the source? What is the agenda? What is the accuracy?

Even if it's true, it absolutely should not be aired in the public arena. Basically, it's an attack on the organization as far as I am concerned. An attack that is aimed at the cohesiveness of this team and the authority of the coaching staff.

I'd love to have Bagley play more, but Joerger has got to be the one to make the decision on the matter. Is there anything wrong with Divac talking to Joerger and suggesting some things if Divac wants Bagley to play more? Not at all. They all have to discuss players and their progress or not on an ongoing basis. But this kind of thing just makes Joerger look bad if he does play Bagley, in which case he's the weak tool of management, or if he does not play Bagley, in which case people, especially players, wonder how long coach is going to be around.

You're right about that. It is 100% an attack on the org.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
this i disagree with, We obviously don't know the whole score, we're just guessing from the sidelines.

It's not out of the realm of possibilities that the Kings themselves leaked this purposefully..

Lets say Joerger went rogue on us like Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now, and he's using rotations spoken to him by a voice in his head instead of what the front office likes, leaking a 'report' to try to appeal to him, and show him they mean business publicly when previous attempts at reaching him have gone unsuccessful might end up getting the job done.
Joerger would be undercutting his own authority and credibility. Makes no sense whatsoever that he should make himself look weak.

And management would have to be morons to do it this way because they would be cutting off their nose to spite their face. This undercuts Joerger, thereby demoralizes the team, thereby causes players to lose faith in this organization going forward. They would have to be imbeciles to believe that this attack would help this organization going forward.

Now any change Joerger makes with minutes the players are going to think that it's management, not Joerger, that's doing it. Joerger looks like a tool, the players now go directly to Divac and/or Vivek to lobby for more minutes. Divac and Vivek better inform every single player that they don't want to hear one word from them or their agent about minutes.

Joerger would be undercutting his own authority and credibility. Makes no sense whatsoever that he should make himself look weak.

And management would have to be morons to do it this way because they would be cutting off their nose to spite their face. This undercuts Joerger, thereby demoralizes the team, thereby causes players to lose faith in this organization going forward. They would have to be imbeciles to believe that this attack would help this organization going forward.
The #1 rule to business is protect your investment, right now some of the kings young investments don't need extra protection, but certainly some do. If in fact this is a leak from the Kings, it' could be just that..Leverage. Aim the criticism towards Joerger instead of the kids...

If the Kings come out and say we stand behind Joerger's rotations 100%, that isn't much of a vote of confidence in some of the young guys.... What does that say about a player like Skal who's got another year left on his rookie contract?! What does that say about Marvin? does it mean that Harry's still not really ready?...

so basically when a team calls up Vlade and says hey is Skal in the doghouse, is he expendable? can we trade you a pack of bubblegum and some cash for him? Vlade gets to respond with "We think he's a great young player with a bright young future and wish coach would play him more. He's not for sale unless you wow us with an offer"...

its pretty obvious what this scoop is trying to do. it is trying to get the "play bagley more" camp to support firing joeger. its possible to want to have bagley play more but also not want to fire joeger, no?

the bagley and doncic debate was a heated debate and was just getting around to cooling down. now joeger might become a victim of that debate. social engineering at its finest, meant to keep the kings the #KANGS

expect people to take one of two sides: bagley is utter trash OR bagley is the messiah incarnate

A few points:

- Each night MBIII is given an opportunity to make a meaningful contribution, to learn, to showcase self etc. For me, his rookie season is being managed well.
- He isn't being placed in the best position to win rookie of the year. Maybe that was one of his goals and he is dissapointed. But who cares it is mostly a meaningless award.
- I suspect the transition to the pros has been a little more difficult than he imagined. But he has a chance to learn and get better and he will do so. Let's get the growing pains out of the way in year one of his rookie contract.
- Athletes would be hard to manage. Lots of money, really young, lots of people around them.
- Even normal people who have no actual talent, stakeholders, or clear idea of what they want to do with themselves are difficult to manage.
- After the San Antonio game coach said bogi wanted to be playing more. I don't think there would be any team anywhere in the world with all players happy.
- The franchise is in a better place now than it was with the Mike Malone drama. On court is better. Management is better. Ownership seems more settled. Coach seems to get along well with Vlade, Vlade seems to get along well with Vivek. Given this, I would be surprised if something drastic happened.

Bogdanovic is on a 20 minute per night restriction as he continues to come back from injury. That likely has more to do with it than anything else.
I think once Bogdan is off the minutes restrictions, I think he will be inserted back into the starting line up at the small forward position.

Once that happens, probably around Christmas, I think Coach will have more latitude to insert Bagley into the starting lineup.

Now that Bjelica is come back down to earth, I think it is a matter of time before Bogdan and Bagley are inserted into the starting lineup.

Coach wants to ease his prize rookie in where he can manage his minutes and confidence before he make the starting lineup. I would be very surprised if Bagley is not starting by Christmas.

I think once Bogdan is off the minutes restrictions, I think he will be inserted back into the starting line up at the small forward position.

Once that happens, probably around Christmas, I think Coach will have more latitude to insert Bagley into the starting lineup.

Now that Bjelica is come back down to earth, I think it is a matter of time before Bogdan and Bagley are inserted into the starting lineup.

Coach wants to ease his prize rookie in where he can manage his minutes and confidence before he make the starting lineup. I would be very surprised if Bagley is not starting by Christmas.
Pretty much this. This whole thing is a non issue. But I want Vlade to knock some skulls if he finds out who pulled this little stunt.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The #1 rule to business is protect your investment, right now some of the kings young investments don't need extra protection, but certainly some do. If in fact this is a leak from the Kings, it' could be just that..Leverage. Aim the criticism towards Joerger instead of the kids...

If the Kings come out and say we stand behind Joerger's rotations 100%, that isn't much of a vote of confidence in some of the young guys.... What does that say about a player like Skal who's got another year left on his rookie contract?! What does that say about Marvin? does it mean that Harry's still not really ready?...

so basically when a team calls up Vlade and says hey is Skal in the doghouse, is he expendable? can we trade you a pack of bubblegum and some cash for him? Vlade gets to respond with "We think he's a great young player with a bright young future and wish coach would play him more. He's not for sale unless you wow us with an offer"...
I don't like getting involved in speculation. And so I won't, until I have something concrete to work with. Personally, I think rumors like this can affect team play. As a player you want stability, and a rumor that your coach, the leader of your team may be on the chopping block, can affect your focus on the court. So from that perspective, unless the rumor actually has merit, I can't see anything positive about it. You want to get a message to Joerger, then you call him into your office and give him the message.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Not that I wouldn't put it past this org to do something fool...

... But when it's freaking Yahoo of all places breaking this story, my first instinct is to take it with a grain of salt. **** that, I'll take it with the whole shaker.

The guys at Yahoo seem to have it out for the Kings. It goes beyond easy target. It's more weird and vaguely obsessive. It's like Vlade and Vivek have been taking their lunch money or something.

Gonna be interesting to see how this rumor is addressed either way.

Not that I wouldn't put it past this org to do something fool...

... But when it's freaking Yahoo of all places breaking this story, my first instinct is to take it with a grain of salt. **** that, I'll take it with the whole shaker.

The guys at Yahoo seem to have it out for the Kings. It goes beyond easy target. It's more weird and vaguely obsessive. It's like Vlade and Vivek have been taking their lunch money or something.

Gonna be interesting to see how this rumor is addressed either way.
I wonder if there is some strange tech world vendetta going on against Vivek and other tech owners of the Kings. Any and all explanations are possible right now.

This is ridiculous. Are we going to shoot ourselves in the foot again? Didn't we learn anything from the Malone firing?

Just when you feel things are improving. How will players respond if they feel the coach's position is not secure? Vlade needs to come out and clear the air. I have no idea if anything the article says is true or not, but once it's out there, some people will tend to believe it, and it will carry a momentum of it's own.

When The Hammer says it's too quiet, that's a statement of fact. If it's Yahoo or its ilk, that means it's time to quote some idiot anonymously to stir up some controversy -- increases page hits y'know.

When The Hammer says it's too quiet, that's a statement of fact. If it's Yahoo or its ilk, that means it's time to quote some idiot anonymously to stir up some controversy -- increases page hits y'know.
This Respected Elder understands the internet better than any of you young wise asses these days.

All of which is why I suspect it's weapons grade corporate gamery. It's some sort of sabotage on our team to weaken Joerger. Vlade REALLY needs to step in and have his back here. JUST LIKE THE SPURS DO IT.