Ayton is Ewing for millenials - will Brick come back if we draft him?

If we draft Ayton, does Brick come back?

• Yes

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Who's Brick?

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I'm Ayton. I'm ok with it.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I'm Brick. Why can't you get over me?

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
I'm sure watching the Pels Playoff push was a rush. So that would make one want to continue to support them. But then there is the "The Pels are better without Boogie" argument and the fact that the Big Man is a Free Agent. So who knows.

That said it is a great era in Kings basketball. The Kings already are stocked with a great young core. in addition Giles is going to play and play well I predict. And now with a #2 pick in a draft with the choice of Ayton on Doncic. Ayton would step right in and fill that Big Man role IMO. Conversely Doncic would take over at SF but play more like a PG. Either choice is fine IMO.

Don't forget that the Kings 2nd round pick could be a player that could contribute. A big wing that can lockdown defend would be nice. Then because Vlade has managed the payroll well he is in position to go Free Agent shopping. So the Talent infusion is going to be deep and look like this:
#2 Pick - Doncic or Ayton - Quality player who will start from day one most likely.
Harry Giles - Big Man who can be brought along slowly and feast on second units.
Free agent - A Player may surprise us and want to be here. 20 miliion pay day is not bad either.
2nd round pick - Grab a big mobile defender Vlade - I'm thinking a poor mans Ron Artest would look good on this Kings squad.

Hey a Kings Fan can dream right? And with the positive impact of "Old Mister Lucky" Vlade Divac and "Mr Clutch" DeAaron Fox we have the #2 pick!!!!

The freaking #2 pick!!!!!!

Last edited:

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
If you think Bricklayer left because he's a bigger Boogie fan than Kings fan than you either haven't been a member of this board very long or you don't know Bricklayer. A lot of us considered bailing when that trade happened and it was just the last straw in an endless series of bad management decisions. It wasn't even about DeMarcus at that point so much as it was "enough is enough". I don't know Brick well enough to guess if he'll come back or not. I suspect it's about more than just winning for him and some of the things that were done and said by this front office are borderline unforgivable. Fortunately for us, if you choose to look forward then the past is the past and we suddenly have a lot more to look forward to. Maybe we'll eventually get to a point where apologies are made for past mistakes. Maybe we'll eventually forget about them. If Bricklayer does choose to come back and participate in the discussions again he'd be an asset to this board like he always was. We don't need to taint this moment of celebration with I told you so's though do we? I'm still hoping this front office can earn my trust back but that's going to take a lot more than just 1 lucky lottery result.

Boogie is going to resign for the Pelicans and that is a good place to be.

If we take Ayton, and i dear hope to god we do, then he might come back but that is neither here nor there.

The franchise caught a lucky break (one long overdue) which enables us to write some of the wrongs that poor management etc has lead us to.

Brick may very well be of the perspective that its only a matter of time before we screw this up but who knows. You cant blame him for taking that perspective. We've all been through a lot as kings fans.

The future is bright but as kings fans we all know that nothing is far from certain

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If you think Bricklayer left because he's a bigger Boogie fan than Kings fan than you either haven't been a member of this board very long or you don't know Bricklayer. A lot of us considered bailing when that trade happened and it was just the last straw in an endless series of bad management decisions. It wasn't even about DeMarcus at that point so much as it was "enough is enough". I don't know Brick well enough to guess if he'll come back or not. I suspect it's about more than just winning for him and some of the things that were done and said by this front office are borderline unforgivable. Fortunately for us, if you choose to look forward then the past is the past and we suddenly have a lot more to look forward to. Maybe we'll eventually get to a point where apologies are made for past mistakes. Maybe we'll eventually forget about them. If Bricklayer does choose to come back and participate in the discussions again he'd be an asset to this board like he always was. We don't need to taint this moment of celebration with I told you so's though do we? I'm still hoping this front office can earn my trust back but that's going to take a lot more than just 1 lucky lottery result.
Yet he now follows the Pelicans, which belies your point. Cousins goes to the Pels, bingo!, Brick is a Pels fan, or maybe he's just a Cousins' fan who happens to follow the Pels because that is Cousins' current team. If Cousins leaves the Pels is Brick going to follow him to his new destination?

Yet he now follows the Pelicans, which belies your point. Cousins goes to the Pels, bingo!, Brick is a Pels fan, or maybe he's just a Cousins' fan who happens to follow the Pels because that is Cousins' current team. If Cousins leaves the Pels is Brick going to follow him to his new destination?
He 100% would follow Boogie to the new team!

Which is a silly argument. They would have had a better chance in the postseason with him.

The Celtics are playing damn well w/o Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward too, but I think most realize they'd be even better with one or both of them.
I agree that conventional thinking would lead one to say the Pels would be better with Boogie, the C's would be better with GH and Uncle Drew and the Kings were better in 03-04 when CWebb came back from microfracture surgery.

But here is the thing, the wild card, the event where 2+2=147, Team Chemistry. Those 02-03 King's had a great run and Adelman said Webb was needed for a deep playoff run. That team struggled with the Big Fella back. The Pels played a completely different style without Boogie. Yes Boogie is great but scoreboard. Now look at the C's and that tight 8 man rotation Stevens is running. Those 8 are all BIG sans Rozier and all play fierce DEFENSE and Defense is not what GH and Uncle are known for. I'm not saying I support these silly arguments, I am saying they do have some basis in fact:)