Ask The Person Below

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name is Christopher, after my father, Christopher, who was named after Saint Christopher. My grandparents were Catholic.

Interesting question, next person?

Whoa, this is getting personal!

Let's see...for me...hmm...I was adopted so here goes...
When I was born, I was named for my original mother as a first name, and my middle name was for "somebody" in my father's family (I have a cousin with the exact same name), I just haven't asked after whom we were named yet. Hey, it may have been a saint...I'm Ann Elizabeth, or am I?

When I was adopted, I was given my adoptive mother's middle name as my first name, and her best friend's first name as my middle name.
My birth certificate is a mess! :D I carry a total of 4 surnames on that document. It made it incredibly difficult to get a passport as you can imagine! I think it would be even harder in this day and age of terrorism and identity theft to get a passport. It took a call (or three) to my U.S. Senator to get mine issued 10 years ago (I'm NEVER gonna let it expire! :mad: ).

So...now, my pet peeve...I really hate those "getting to know you better" emails we all get from friends (don't we?) where the first question they ask is "what is your name?"...
My brain just freezes...:D

So, here comes my question...what's the least favorite email you receive (besides outright spam)?

Wow, my first post that was edited for too many smiley's...re-insert them where you feel they were appropriate! LOL! I had no idea there was a "smiley limit".

My least favorite email are urban legends that are sent as something true, as a 'warning'. i.e., "don't lick envelopes because roach eggs might nest on your tongue!!"

A diamond bracelet or a pearl necklace?

I don't know. They sure didn't look appetizing on 'The Apprentice' last night.

Does Alanis Morrisette's song, 'Thank You', have possibly the stupidest lyrics ever??

Nope!

I vote for anything by Nelly, but especially Hot in Herre (even if I like the beat, the same beat, every song). And I quote...

"Hot In Herre"

Hot in.....
So hot in herre.....
So hot in.....

[Nelly]
I was like, good gracious *** bodacious
Flirtatcious, tryin to show faces
Lookin for the right time to shoot my steam (you know)
Lookin for the right time to flash them keys
Then um I'm leavin, please believin
Me and the rest of my heathens
Check it, got it locked at the top of the four seasons
Penthouse, roof top, birds I feedin
No deceivin, nothin up my sleeve, no teasin
I need you to get up up on the dance floor
Give that man what he askin for
Cuz I feel like bustin loose and I feel like touchin you
And cant nobody stop the juice so baby tell me whats the use

[Hook x2]
(I said)
Its gettin hot in here (so hot)
So take off all your clothes

I am gettin so hot, I wanna take my clothes off

[Nelly]
Why you at the bar if you aint poppin the bottles
What good is all the fame if you aint ****in the models
I see you drivin, sportscar, aint hittin the throttle
And I be down, and do a hundred, top down and goggles
Get off the freeway, exit 106 and parked it
Ash tray, flip gate, time to spark it
Gucci collar for dollar, got out and walked it
I spit game cuz baby I cant talk it
Warm, sweatin its hot up in this joint
VOKAL tanktop, on at this point
Your with a winner so baby you cant loose
I got secrets cant leave Cancun
So take it off like your home alone
You know dance in front your mirror while your on the phone
Checkin your reflection and tellin your best friend,
like "girl I think my butt gettin big"

[Hook x2]

(Nelly hang all out)
Mix a little bit a ah, ah
With a little bit a ah, ah
(Nelly just fall out)
Give a little bit a ah, ah
(Nelly hang all out)
And a sprinkle a that ah, ah
(Nelly just fall out)
I like it when ya ah, ah
Girl, Baby make it ah, ah

[Nelly]
Stop placin, time wastin
I gotta a friend with a pole in the basement (What?)
I'm just kiddin like Jason (Oh)
Unless you gon' do it
Extra, extra eh, spread the news
Nelly took a trip from the Lunner to Neptune
Came back with somethin thicker than fittin in sasoons
Say she like to think about cuttin in restrooms

[Hook x4]

(Nelly hang all out)
Mix a little bit of ah, ah
With a little bit of ah, ah
(Nelly just fall out)
Give a little bit of ah, ah
(Nelly hang all out)
And a sprinkle of that ah, ah
(Nelly just fall out)
I like it when ya ah, ah
Girl, Baby make it ah, ah

Does that make you feel better about Alanis' song? :D

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Gargamel said:
Fahrenheit 911. Haven't seen it yet. I was convinced to see Soul Plane the last time I went to a movie... :rolleyes:

How many more days till training camp?
Too many! Okay, about 13.

Will you be glued to the internet (for info) once training camp starts?

I'm glued to the Internet now, don't see any reason to stop when training camp starts. :D

Who on the board do you think actually has the best chance of making it into the NBA ever?

doone said:
I'm glued to the Internet now, don't see any reason to stop when training camp starts. :D

Who on the board do you think actually has the best chance of making it into the NBA ever?
Ummm, none of us?

6th said:
Not that I have seen.

What new movie do you want to see most?
Gargamel said:
Fahrenheit 911. Haven't seen it yet. I was convinced to see Soul Plane the last time I went to a movie... :rolleyes:

How many more days till training camp?
If Kingsgurl's sig is still an accurate countdown, there are 24 days until we get our first live fix of the season.

Oof! I misread the question the first 9 million times I read it...according to http://www.nba.com/kings/ training camp starts October 1st so...11 days 'til camp,

Fahrenheit 911. Great movie! You won't leave the theatre feeling the same way about anything. I'm not saying everyone walks out feeling the same way but everybody will take something away from this movie that changes how they think about things. Spoiler (?) alert...

There are some hugely disturbing images/sounds from 9/11 that come within the first 15 minutes or so of the movie and some equally disturbing images/sounds of the American bombing of Iraq from the Iraqi perspective. I'll leave it at that and let anyone interested watch the rest for themselves.

So...the question...
Do you prefer documentaries or fictional dramas in movies?

Last edited:
kingskings! said:
Fahrenheit 911. Great movie! You won' t leave the theatre feeling the same way about anything. I'm not saying everyone walks out feeling the same way but everybody will take something away from this movie that changes how they think about things. Spoiler (?) alert...

There are some hugely disturbing images/sounds from 9/11 that come within the first 15 minutes or so of the movie and some equally disturbing images/sounds of the American bombing of Iraq from the Iraqi perspective. I'll leave it at that and let anyone interested watch the rest for themselves.

So...the question...
Do you prefer documentaries or fictional dramas in movies?
Eh, I'll check out a Moore documentary before a fictional drama if I have my druthers. I like Moore's style. I owned Roger & Me before anyone knew who he was. Gargy's on the cutting edge. Moore is preaching to the choir as far as I as viewer am concerned.

I'm disturbed at the 7 minutes of stupified inaction much less any potentially gory imagery.

What's your favorite movie with Robert De Niro in it?

Gargamel said:
Eh, I'll check out a Moore documentary before a fictional drama if I have my druthers. I like Moore's style. I owned Roger & Me before anyone knew who he was. Gargy's on the cutting edge. Moore is preaching to the choir as far as I as viewer am concerned.

I'm disturbed at the 7 minutes of stupified inaction much less any potentially gory imagery.

What's your favorite movie with Robert De Niro in it?
Goodfellas.

same question

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Bballkingsrock said:
"Hey Ya" by Outcast

What basketball websites do you go on a dailey basis?
Well, although this has been asked several times, I will answer anyway. Besides KingsFans.com, I also check out NBA.com and, of course, the Kings own website. I also check out one other message board, but we don't give websites of other boards (as a rule) here.

Will you watch the WNBA playoffs?

yes if i catch it.. :)

i watch monarchs games, if they're on.. and i watch some other wnba (non monarch) games if i don't have anything else to watch.. :)

just curious: how do they redesign the bball court? like when they change it from "sacramento kings" to "sacramento monarchs" for example? or when they add "playoffs", etc..

LMM said:
yes if i catch it.. :)

i watch monarchs games, if they're on.. and i watch some other wnba (non monarch) games if i don't have anything else to watch.. :)

just curious: how do they redesign the bball court? like when they change it from "sacramento kings" to "sacramento monarchs" for example? or when they add "playoffs", etc..
I know for sure that the Playoffs designs are sheet decals (like you'd use on a model airplane). The logos are actually painted, but teams have a two sets of floor pieces with the NBA logos and the WNBA logos. When they assemble the floor, they just use the appropriate logo (floors are made of many interlocking pieces). The complete repainting of a floor costs a pretty penny I hear.

Here's a wierd one. Assuming you had a family crypt for viewing (and that you looked presentable), would you elect to have yourself preserved like Vladimir Lenin after you bite the dust? He's been dead for 80 years, but he looks pristine. Here's a pic taken in 93 (he died in 24).

http://home.iae.nl/users/arcengel/Transib/Lenin.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure I would want anyone to, I would much rather have them remember me as I was.

What's the longest you've gone in between seeing friends? (i.e. today I ran into a friend of mine I hadn't seen in about 9 or 10 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.