Ask The Person Below

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Concert of Europe was formulated in 1815 as a mechanism to enforce the decisions of the Congress of Vienna. Composed of the Quadruple Alliance: Russia, Prussia, Austria, and Great Britain, its main priorities were to establish a balance of power, thereby preserving the territorial status quo, and to protect "legitimate" governments. Headed by Prince Metternich of Austria, the Concert of Europe was one of the first serious attempts in modern times to establish an international society to maintain the peace. This made it a significant event in world history, even though it only lasted for a few decades.
Don't you love GOOGLE? :p

I can't remember the details, but I believe it has something to do with the Congress of Vienna. I think.

Don't you hate when you know you know something, but you just don't know what it is?

*Bonus question* How's that for an abuse of the English language?

For the record...five years out of school and you won't (unless you're either a history or poli/sci major)! :D

GGG, I think the next question belongs to you?

I've been out of school for a while now, but I'm planning on going back soon (as a photog major). I just have a head for things I don't have any use for.

Except of course, to answer questions on message boards.

Are you a right-brainer or a left-brainer?

Yes earlier this year at Wrigley and Cubs lost (just like they lost to Expos tonight because I was in attendance).

Does your voice go out after cheering loudly at a sporting event?

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
vj9999 said:
Yes earlier this year at Wrigley and Cubs lost (just like they lost to Expos tonight because I was in attendance).

Does your voice go out after cheering loudly at a sporting event?
Yes! Happens all the time...even in my own house watching on TV.

Will the Cardinals win the World Series?

slugking50 said:
Id say n although wouldnt be surprised if it does happen at one point due to injury.

Is it going to get cooler?
depends on where u live.

If bill gates tells u that he will buy you anything u want but it can't be a person, place, theoretical thing, or cure, it has to be an object that one can purchase. What would u tell him to buy you? And If you were going to die 30 minutes after he bought it for you, would you be pleased with what you told him to buy you?

linzeesan said:
depends on where u live.

If bill gates tells u that he will buy you anything u want but it can't be a person, place, theoretical thing, or cure, it has to be an object that one can purchase. What would u tell him to buy you? And If you were going to die 30 minutes after he bought it for you, would you be pleased with what you told him to buy you?
The biggest life insurance policy on my life he'd write a check for that named my nieces and nephews as the beneficiaries...and yes, I'd be VERY happy. OK, maybe not SO happy with the 30 minute part...but whatever....:)

Are you happy with the new Kings TV deal?

The one against the Celtics on the road. Because that's the only time I'll get to see them play in person. =(

Is Brick ever going to post part IIIc of his Kingsfans tribute thing?

ReinadelosReys said:
If the third one gets posted

Why did I just now notice that the board lay-out changed?
Because you decided to pay attention. I just noticed it after reading yr question.

what's yr favorite flavor of orbit gum?

PejaFanatic said:
Yes, all sorts of colors

Would you wear pink since it's a trend for guys now?? :)
Pink's been acceptable with gray for a long time so yeah, I'd probably wear it. It's not that easy to pull off in anything other than a polo shirt though. I envision myself wearing a pink Izod on vacay in Martha's Vineyard. ;) Most of the time, I just stick to my tattered black robe.

When and where was the last time you had lobster?

Status
Not open for further replies.