Artest to Denver rumor? (merged)

Denver would be one place where he just wouldn't fit with Carmelo and AI there. He just wouldn't get his minutes and the structure of the team would not be balanced IMHO.

And I say NO to K-Mart!!!

Denver would be one place where he just wouldn't fit with Carmelo and AI there. He just wouldn't get his minutes and the structure of the team would not be balanced IMHO.

And I say NO to K-Mart!!!
Actually Artest could realistically play 2-4 and see plenty of minutes IMO...the hang up to me is Kenyon Martin.

It makes sense for Denver because they'd do almost anything to get rid of Kenyon's contract; also Artest can be a point forward/2-guard, similar to how Adelman used him, that free up AI for scoring. Artest is not the ideal fit, but again, the Nugs is almost as desparate to move their K-Mart as we are to move Artest.

But it's a heavy price to pay if we get a washed up Kenyon in return. Even if Devner is willing to take K9 or SAR in order to make the salary works.

Last edited:
According to Real GM, Artest, Shareef and KT for K-Mart and Nene works. Not sure that Denver does that, even to get rid of K-Mart and the 4 years left on his deal. From the Kings' perspective, taking on an extra year of K-Mart's bad deal would only be worth it if you got something really good (i.e., Nene) in return and get to dump a bad deal of your own (or two).

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Its Vescey.

And Artest in Denver makes absolutely no sense. They've already got a pretty good small forward. What they still need is a shooter.

And yes, obviously we would be trading for Kenyon Martin's mega contract and ruined knee. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If Petrie pulls the trigger on this, Ill be the first to ask the Maloofs to fire him. We are supposed to be restructuring here.

This trade would make no sense for us....we already have a Kmart - it would be way too confusing to listen to the G-Man on the radio:

"Kmart passes to Kmart, pump fake, back to Kmart, Kmart shoots - off the rim, Kmart graps the rebound." :confused:

I don't know what to think. If we got Nene (even with the contract) I would be happy. But for who? Nene for Artest doesn't make sense, in fact I can't come up with one deal that seem to make sense. I doubt anything goes through.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I sincerely doubt Nene is going anywhere, Denver has made that clear now. Nor should he. He arrived last season + he and Melo are the future. Obviously that would be a ridiculous coup for us to pull off. However once more the important thing to remember is:

Its Vescey.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Jeeze, Artest for Kenyon? EEeeeEEEeeeeEEeeeewww.

I'm glad its Vescey, cause if this had any chance of being legit I might have had to have found a new team to root for until Petrie got fired.

Jeeze, Artest for Kenyon? EEeeeEEEeeeeEEeeeewww.

I'm glad its Vescey, cause if this had any chance of being legit I might have had to have found a new team to root for until Petrie got fired.

I agree, Artest for Martin would be absolutley disgusting. If it gets to the point where we are that desperate to trade Artest I would rather just waive him.

don't they have JR smith already to fill the SG void? This deal doesn't make any sense because we aren't getting any younger through the trade. Kenyon Martin is a player I don't wanna see on the kings.

The ONLY way this makes sense for us is if Nene is somehow involved. Otherwise its just doesn't make sense.

Thats even not considering that Artest makes absolutely no sense to Denver since AI and Melo are there.

This trade makes no sense. Why would we trade for a big who has a damaged leg and a bloated contract? If Petrie liked those, we would have kept the one we had.

This trade makes no sense. Why would we trade for a big who has a damaged leg and a bloated contract? If Petrie liked those, we would have kept the one we had.
And been better off for it....

If and its a BIG if, there have been discussions with Denver, at best we have asked for Nene and at worst its about Camby.

As much as I rate Camby, I think we really shouldn't be going after him considering he has 3 years left on his deal AND is already 33 years old.

And been better off for it....

If and its a BIG if, there have been discussions with Denver, at best we have asked for Nene and at worst its about Camby.

As much as I rate Camby, I think we really shouldn't be going after him considering he has 3 years left on his deal AND is already 33 years old.

While Camby would do a lot for this team NOW, I'd want Camby WITH Artest...if we're trading Artest for Camby, perse, I'd look to pawn of Camby for some youth/picks where a team may value Camby's shotblocking and C position more....aheam, like the Lakers for Bynum.