Are You Still a Kings fan?

Are you still a Kings fan after trading DeMarcus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Here's the thing. The Kings have now made a move where as fans we want them to lose. Ostensibly this deal was made to get Hield and the Pelican's pick but Vlade openly admitted that it was also to help the Kings keep their pick.

Right now they are on the 10th slot and if they stay there they'd convey their pick to Chicago.

So the Kings themselves are trying to lose. And because of that other poor trade they also have to hope the Sixers lose.

And next year they'll almost certainly be tanking too. So what does it mean to be a "true" Kings fan now? To root for losses? To root for wins even if it hurts the team long term?
I don't claim to speak for anyone else, but I'd like to turn to the Kings to get away from troubles and drama for a while. Watching a game should be entertaining. I don't tune in to watch a team lose. I don't pay money to sit in an arena and watch a team tank. I want to be entertained. I want to get caught up in the moment and have a great time.

If they're not gonna be entertaining, I could just as easily go to a movie. I don't see why I should suffer through yet another season of disappointment. It's supposed to be entertainment. I don't pay good money to see bad movies just because the director says it will let him earn enough money to make better films. I'm not going to step foot into G1C to see an inferior product, especially at current ticket rates.

I don't claim to speak for anyone else, but I'd like to turn to the Kings to get away from troubles and drama for a while. Watching a game should be entertaining. I don't tune in to watch a team lose. I don't pay money to sit in an arena and watch a team tank. I want to be entertained. I want to get caught up in the moment and have a great time.

If they're not gonna be entertaining, I could just as easily go to a movie. I don't see why I should suffer through yet another season of disappointment. It's supposed to be entertainment. I don't pay good money to see bad movies just because the director says it will let him earn enough money to make better films. I'm not going to step foot into G1C to see an inferior product, especially at current ticket rates.
Neither am I. I already called to cut off my cable (Kings games were literally the only thing keeping me tethered to cable/satellite TV) and I don't plan to attend any more games this season.

That said, should the Kings manage to draft well (a very big if considering that Cousins was the last pick they nailed) there would be the prospect next season of watching a young team with potential who would still lose a lot of games but be fun to watch.

That's about this franchise's only chance of getting me engaged again at this point. But since I see the odds of that as incredibly slim AND I think Vivek's meddling and Vlade's inexperience will combine to keep them making terrible moves for as long as they are allowed, I'm settling into the idea of a multi-season break from the Kings.

After 32 years of unwavering support I AM going to wait until they are entertaining again before I get engaged again.

Yes for sure but I'm not a die-hard at this point in my life... I'll tune out if we suck or are outright depressing and wait for the next year... And so on, and so on, and so on.

Neither am I. I already called to cut off my cable (Kings games were literally the only thing keeping me tethered to cable/satellite TV) and I don't plan to attend any more games this season.

That said, should the Kings manage to draft well (a very big if considering that Cousins was the last pick they nailed) there would be the prospect next season of watching a young team with potential who would still lose a lot of games but be fun to watch.

That's about this franchise's only chance of getting me engaged again at this point. But since I see the odds of that as incredibly slim AND I think Vivek's meddling and Vlade's inexperience will combine to keep them making terrible moves for as long as they are allowed, I'm settling into the idea of a multi-season break from the Kings.

After 32 years of unwavering support I AM going to wait until they are entertaining again before I get engaged again.
Draft is going to be pretty predictable for the Kings here. What they will be looking for is to draft the best 3pt shooters that are available and forget about what position they play. Expect someone like Malik Monk to have his name called out by the Kings unless we give away the picks like we have a habit of doing.

origkds

What- Me Worry?
Vlade had his reputation going for him. Bridge builder, beloved etc.
If Pete/Fegan lied, whoop-de-doo, but for Vlade it removes all the benefits he was bringing to the table.

What is Vlade's value now when everybody sees him as untrustworthy?
What is likeable for him as a GM whose word means nothing?
So Vlade told the general public one thing and then did something else? Oh no! I guess I'm not as upset by his actions as many of you on this forum. If he didn't handle things as competently as a seasoned GM is it a big surprise? Woe is us, Vlade isn't quite the bridge building, beloved patron saint of Kings basketball that many of us thought. Whether his actions prove to be beneficial remains to be seen, but I do believe in his heart he thinks he did the right thing to make the Kings a better team in the long run.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
So Vlade told the general public one thing and then did something else? Oh no! I guess I'm not as upset by his actions as many of you on this forum. If he didn't handle things as competently as a seasoned GM is it a big surprise? Woe is us, Vlade isn't quite the bridge building, beloved patron saint of Kings basketball that many of us thought. Whether his actions prove to be beneficial remains to be seen, but I do believe in his heart he thinks he did the right thing to make the Kings a better team in the long run.
By the time the rebuild is complete, who knows when that is, Vlade won't be here to see the end of it IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.