Are You Still a Kings fan?

Are you still a Kings fan after trading DeMarcus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I am a Kings fan. I am not even mad at the owner or the GM. At some point it is reasonable to say "we are done with all the drama and losing. This is a bad relationship. It is time to go in another direction."

You can place blame wherever you want, but this was certainly never a one sided deal. What is the self-evident truth is there was indeed much losing and drama during the past 7 years and I am okay with trying a different route.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Of course I am a Kings fan. I am not even mad at the owner or the GM. At some point it is reasonable to say "we are done with all the drama and losing. This is a bad relationship. It is time to go in another direction."

You can place blame wherever you want, but this was certainly never a one sided deal. What is the self-evident truth is there was indeed much losing and drama during the past 7 years and I am okay with trying a different route.
Thank God for that quiet under the radar trade... Drama averted!

They will all be back, eventually. And I still like Vlade.
I'm disappointed in him but I don't believe he started the wheels moving. I do think he planned for the eventuality with the Papa pick. I still don't like the slimy owner. But am curious how the kids will do.

They will all be back, eventually. And I still like Vlade.
Vlade had his reputation going for him. Bridge builder, beloved etc.
If Pete/Fegan lied, whoop-de-doo, but for Vlade it removes all the benefits he was bringing to the table.

What is Vlade's value now when everybody sees him as untrustworthy?
What is likeable for him as a GM whose word means nothing?

I watched the video of most of this morning's press conference where the Pelicans introduced DeMarcus and Omri.

I probably shouldn't have done that. It just made me really frustrated all over again. And it bothers me that the Kings organization now has "dishonest and untrustworthy" tacked on to "incompetent and ridiculous".

As a Kings fan I should be wishing for the Pelicans to really struggle. To fall down the standings and let the Kings end up with a pick in the 4-8 range.

But I think what I'd like to see most is Boogie and The Brow really click, lead the Pels to the 8th seed and shock the world by knocking off the Warriors, showing that dominant bigs can still beat today's "pace and space is what wins" mindset.

I watched the video of most of this morning's press conference where the Pelicans introduced DeMarcus and Omri.

I probably shouldn't have done that. It just made me really frustrated all over again. And it bothers me that the Kings organization now has "dishonest and untrustworthy" tacked on to "incompetent and ridiculous".

As a Kings fan I should be wishing for the Pelicans to really struggle. To fall down the standings and let the Kings end up with a pick in the 4-8 range.

But I think what I'd like to see most is Boogie and The Brow really click, lead the Pels to the 8th seed and shock the world by knocking off the Warriors, showing that dominant bigs can still beat today's "pace and space is what wins" mindset.
That's why I want the Pelicans to succeed.

Yes, for practical reasons we should want them to fail. But the Kings winning this trade means that Vlade and Vivek would feel validated. If they win, all this incompetence, public lying and backstabbery of our own, and "Buddy is Steph" nonsense will be encouraged. I don't care if by some fluke we win this trade, you can't run a franchise like this.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
That's why I want the Pelicans to succeed.

Yes, for practical reasons we should want them to fail. But the Kings winning this trade means that Vlade and Vivek would feel validated. If they win, all this incompetence, public lying and backstabbery of our own, and "Buddy is Steph" nonsense will be encouraged. I don't care if by some fluke we win this trade, you can't run a franchise like this.
This sentiment is a huge sticking point in my consideration of whether or not I want to remain a Kings Fan. On some level Kings Fans should be rooting for New Orleans to fail, and for them to end up with a high pick, that gets conferred to Sacramento. Most reasonable people would probably agree that Kings Fans should want the Kings to win the trade. And the only problem with that is, I don't want the Kings to win the trade. I don't want ownership or management to be vindicated in any way, shape, form or fashion, for how they did the best player ever in the history of the city of Sacramento.

I feel like the bare minimum penance for the Sacramento Kings is that they should not have a single winning season, for as long as DeMarcus Cousins is still in the NBA. And, if they do somehow manage a winning season, that they should not be more successful than Cousins, at any point in Cousins' career. And your last sentence sums up why I feel like that perfectly: you should not be allowed to run a team like this, and if you do run a team like this, you should not be allowed to prosper from it. I don't want to root for a team that would do their star like this, even if I don't really care for the star all that much. I can't abide the thought of that punk mother****er Grant Napear getting his life to the Kings "winning" the trade, and I can't abide Vivek Ranadivé and Vlade Divac feeling justified in doing wrong by their franchise player.

This sentiment is a huge sticking point in my consideration of whether or not I want to remain a Kings Fan. On some level Kings Fans should be rooting for New Orleans to fail, and for them to end up with a high pick, that gets conferred to Sacramento. Most reasonable people would probably agree that Kings Fans should want the Kings to win the trade. And the only problem with that is, I don't want the Kings to win the trade. I don't want ownership or management to be vindicated in any way, shape, form or fashion, for how they did the best player ever in the history of the city of Sacramento.

I feel like the bare minimum penance for the Sacramento Kings is that they should not have a single winning season, for as long as DeMarcus Cousins is still in the NBA. And, if they do somehow manage a winning season, that they should not be more successful than Cousins, at any point in Cousins' career. And your last sentence sums up why I feel like that perfectly: you should not be allowed to run a team like this, and if you do run a team like this, you should not be allowed to prosper from it. I don't want to root for a team that would do their star like this, even if I don't really care for the star all that much. I can't abide the thought of that punk mother****er Grant Napear getting his life to the Kings "winning" the trade, and I can't abide Vivek Ranadivé and Vlade Divac feeling justified in doing wrong by their franchise player.

Pretty much sums up my feelings. The Kings were stuck. They had painted themselves into a corner by bad move after bad move (especially in the draft) and then they trade their only real asset (the best big man in the NBA who WANTED to stay) for pennies on the dollar and then have the nerve to pin things on him as he's unceremoniously sent packing.

As a fan I should want the Pelicans to fail and the Kings to end up with a #4 or #5 pick.

But then this narrative that it was addition by subtraction after they did DMC dirty would likely gain validation.

It's also why if Boogie was to be dealt I hoped it would be to Boston. Puts him on a winner, puts him in the East and he could have all the success in the world without affecting the value of the pick they'd get back (the swap with Brooklyn via Boston). I thought he was worth that pick, next year's Nets pick and more.

I get people that feel as I do - that you trade Boogie at the right price. And I get people that didn't think you trade him at all. What I don't get are people that follow Napear's BS that you trade him for nothing just to get him out.

I think those fans deserve the **** sandwich this franchise is going to be serving up for the next few years. The rest of the Kings fans? I don't know that this franchise deserves to have them.

It's pretty simple for me folks....

I am rooting for the Kings to suck, because we deserve to and should, that's what we were set up for.

I am rooting for the Pelicans to make it to the 8th spot and for Boogie and Brow to beat the living crap out of the Warriors team, even if they don't win the series. I want the world to see the power of Boogie, something we never managed to show off. I always believed Boogie in the playoffs = decimation of the opposition and I want to see it come to fruition. Most of all, since the Kings can't be successful, I want Boogie to be. We treated him like s*** and the universe ought to balance that out by letting him taste the playoffs.

I don't feel any less a Kings fan for wishing success to the Pelicans. There ain't much to root for here until draft night, so might as well focus my efforts elsewhere.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If a person is actively rooting against the Kings to succeed, then by definition I think that they are no longer a Kings fan. It seems that they are fans of an agenda.
I honestly think that's a discussion of a different time. Emotions are raw right now for a lot of people. Everybody has a right to decide for themselves if they're Kings fans or not, whatever that may mean.

Theres also the fact that if they win this trade, it will be all definitions be a fluke. They WILL continue to act like this and they WILL get burned by it if they aren't by the trade.

Vlade and Vivek need to go, fullstop. That's why I want this to fail. Any fleeting success they may have will only drag that on even longer and doesn't mitigate the underlying problems.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Still a Kings fan. I'm just hoping that the MIT engineering brain can learn from his mistakes. I don't think that's too much to ask. It's not like he doesn't have the capacity to figure it out. He really needs to have a little introspection to analyze how exactly he got himself into this mess. My recommendation: Do the same in-depth research on a future GM that you do on the feasibility of a microchip or software solution, or before hiring a vice-president in your company. It would be a good first step to extricate yourself from the dumb and dumber roller coaster that you're currently riding.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If a person is actively rooting against the Kings to succeed, then by definition I think that they are no longer a Kings fan. It seems that they are fans of an agenda.
There is also the concept of the fever. The body is not trying to kill you by pumping your temperature up to such a level that you feel terrible, its trying to save you in the end.

The only solution for the Kings is to fail so ****ing miserably that the fever burns out all the parasites and permanently scars the survivors so that they NEVER want to court sickness and do this crap again.

Here's the thing. The Kings have now made a move where as fans we want them to lose. Ostensibly this deal was made to get Hield and the Pelican's pick but Vlade openly admitted that it was also to help the Kings keep their pick.

Right now they are on the 10th slot and if they stay there they'd convey their pick to Chicago.

So the Kings themselves are trying to lose. And because of that other poor trade they also have to hope the Sixers lose.

And next year they'll almost certainly be tanking too. So what does it mean to be a "true" Kings fan now? To root for losses? To root for wins even if it hurts the team long term?

Here's the thing. The Kings have now made a move where as fans we want them to lose. Ostensibly this deal was made to get Hield and the Pelican's pick but Vlade openly admitted that it was also to help the Kings keep their pick.

Right now they are on the 10th slot and if they stay there they'd convey their pick to Chicago.

So the Kings themselves are trying to lose. And because of that other poor trade they also have to hope the Sixers lose.

And next year they'll almost certainly be tanking too. So what does it mean to be a "true" Kings fan now? To root for losses? To root for wins even if it hurts the team long term?
I think that is a different issue. The issue I was discussing is the the attitude "I hope the Kings lose all the time so Vivek and Vlade will be shown to be the idiots that they are and I will be shown to be wise." Personal agenda > Kings success

Status
Not open for further replies.