Are We Ready for Dallas?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
GoGoGadget said:
Wasn't Mad Cow Disease due, in part, to cows being fed other cows?

Kind of a bovine Soylent Green situation?
Yup, of course here in the US since we have VOLUNTARY guidelinse that forbid the feeding of cows to cows we KNOW that is not going on. Typiclay rended cow is fed to pigs, chickens turkys ect. Then the rended parts of THOSE animals are fed back to cows... you know circle of life and all that. Anyone interesed ought to read "Confessions of Mad Cowboy" by Howard Lyman.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Ryle said:
I'm actually looking forward to watching Dirk or Vanhorn trying to match up with Corliss in the low post. :D
Yeah, especially if Corliss gets his 4-5 obligatory fouls in. Make em good ones, Big Nasty!! :D

I hope they come out tomorrow night flat as paper...im really looking forward to this game tomorrow night...im pumped like gonna be playing or something

Anytime Tim Duncan goes down for what appears to be the remainder of the season, you are in some luck. As for Coach Johnsons' success, I think that has more to do with the fact that the team responds to him. When Nash, Nick, Tawn, Toine, Raef, etc....basically all of the all offense, no defese guys were around the team was perfect for Don Nelson.

But Dallas has changed dramatically. Only Dirk, Fin, The Twins, and Bradley return from last year and this team has dramatically increased its athletiscm and defensive capability. Josh Howard is a future 1st team All NBA player, Erick Dampier is a rock inside for us defensively, Dirk has become a pretty good defender in his own right and is certainly better than what he was when he didn't have Josh Howard and Erick Dampier to shadow him and cover his mistakes. Michael Finley still can't defend and is really the weak link, but both of our PGs, especially Devin Harris, are above average defenders. This all meshes well with what Coach Johnson is looking to do in Dallas.

Not that we as fans have any control over it, and you might be as happy as you can be with Rick Adelman, but change can be a good thing when it comes to leadership. With the roster turnover that you guys have had since your WCF run, it seems to me that the best course of action that could be taken by your franchise would be to begin developing a successor. You might have one in house already, I don't know as much about your staff as I should, but Nellie and Adleman had very similiar runs with their respective teams and after awhile you start to bring in new guys and you need a new voice.

I look at the Kings and I see athletic additions like Mo Evans, Cat Mobley, Kenny Thomas, Brian Skinner, Big Nasty, eventually K Mart, etc...and I wonder if perhaps a young coach like Eric Mussleman might be a good long term replacement for the Kings if Coach Fratello decides that he wants to stick around Memphis for awhile.

Anyways, good luck tomorrow night, I am certainly looking forward to it. The players might change, Nash and Vlade might be gone, but it is still the same fans and it is enjoyable.

Is Dallas ready for us? That's the real question. They have no idea what to expect from this team and neither does the rest of the league, our coaching staff or us. SHould be a good one though.

Good Luck Miles.

Entity said:
Seriously though. when was the last time any King contested a shot. all they do is run at the players face with their hand. I am sure Kenny's can reach Dirks face as good as anybody. As far as Kenny getting posted up. PF that Actually post up and go up over the oppostion anymore is few and far between.
Although someone already said this, I'd like to add that I found this statement extremely amusing.

Let's stop being so stupidly optimistic about all of this. Minus BJax and Miller, the Kings are toast against the Mavs. Maybe not this game, but in a seven game series, yes. The Mavs are still improving since we saw them the last 3 times, and you know what we've done since then. Add Bobby and Brad, and I'm very happy with this team. But right now, I find it very hard to be looking forward to this. Although I will be very happy if the Kings pull it out, which I have a feeling they will tonite. Oh, and Skinner should play, is the latest I hear.

HndsmCelt said:
Yup, of course here in the US since we have VOLUNTARY guidelinse that forbid the feeding of cows to cows we KNOW that is not going on. Typiclay rended cow is fed to pigs, chickens turkys ect. Then the rended parts of THOSE animals are fed back to cows... you know circle of life and all that. Anyone interesed ought to read "Confessions of Mad Cowboy" by Howard Lyman.
one more of the many reasons to be vegan

KKSloga said:
Dirk may not be as unstoppable as you think. At small forward the Mavs usually like to play Howard alot and he mostly likes to play near the basket. If that is the case we can put Kenny Thomas on him and we should be alright. That in turn allows Pedja to gaurd Dirk and he has been just about the only Dirk stopper in this league. Pedja has that unique combination of being tall enough to gaurd Dirk and bother his shot and he is also quicker then him which takes aways Dirks dribble drive game against taller, slower opponents. We should be okay against Dallas if we are at full strength.

I agree,Pedja was always play good D on Dirk,in the NBA or Euro Champ,and mostly give good points against Dirk,this would be key matchup.Also Bibby and Tomas can make a motion.
With all healty players i think that the Kings are stronger team.But i dont know who's gona play tonight for Kings.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
captain bill said:
Although someone already said this, I'd like to add that I found this statement extremely amusing.

Let's stop being so stupidly optimistic about all of this. Minus BJax and Miller, the Kings are toast against the Mavs. Maybe not this game, but in a seven game series, yes. The Mavs are still improving since we saw them the last 3 times, and you know what we've done since then. Add Bobby and Brad, and I'm very happy with this team. But right now, I find it very hard to be looking forward to this. Although I will be very happy if the Kings pull it out, which I have a feeling they will tonite. Oh, and Skinner should play, is the latest I hear.
I just find it very hard to be scared of Dallas. Are they a better team? Yes. Yes after years of chasing us around trying to prove themselves I believe they finally are. But they are still DALLAS, you know? They're still a very talented team, with too many good players and not enough of the right kind of players. And they can still be beat on any given night. If you force me to put my life savings on the line on the outcome of tonight's game, I put it on Dallas of course. But us beating them wouldn't surprise me at all. On any given night anybody can beat that team. You just have to play an inspired game, and they just have to be cold for a night. We're at home, they're on a back to back -- the situation is ripe for an upset.

I view Dallas the way, I'm guessing, a lot of other people view the Kings -- a lot of talent, the potential to thoroughly beat just about anyone in any game, but scary? Not so much. Killing and being killed are equally possible on any given night.

The Kings could potentially beat Dallas in the playoffs, if they get really hot and if Miller or Bobby is able to come back to contribute in some way, but I'd much rather see the Kings play Seattle. The Sonics would be by far a much better mathcup due to their lack of size and inexperience. There's a good chance that may happen since Houston is playing so well and has such a soft shedule that it's likely they'll pass the Kings for the #5 seed.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm going to say again what I've said all year:

In the NBA this season, ANY team can conceivably pull out a win against ANY other team.

Right now, I think the Kings are in a perfect position to surprise the Mavericks, who haven't seen THIS group of players. If Peja can do an adequate job against Dirk, I think there could be some morose Mavericks headin' back to the barn after the game.

:D