Anger at Peja

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sashaXJR

if you reported me...why can't you just make an argument.....prove me wrong....I said and you can read it up there....Webber was a great player, but he is not anymore...that doesn't make me a Webber basher....+ why would I get kicked of the forum, I am bashing a Sixers player, not a Kings....I am just taking Peja's side in this case....Webber is nobody, and he means as much to me as Allan Iverson...It's the future, not the past....You should go to a Sixers forum and take Webbers side.....

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Is he? None of the Kings Fans that I have ever encountered in real life think very highly of Stojakovic. Furthermore, it has been my personal experience that Webber is much more popular/well-liked nationwide, at least in the United States.

Mike Bibby is the best player on the team. And just based on his ability to contribute in multiple aspects, I could make the argument that Miller is better, too. Stojakovic is the best shooter on the team, but he might not be the second-best player on the team.
OH MY GOD!!! Who do you hang out with ?
Stojakovic = 3 time all-star. Bibby = 0-time all-star.

S

sashaXJR

I really don't get it...people on this forum support Webber more than their own Peja,.....Peja was right, maybe he should go, our fans don't support him at all.....

I support Peja, you hate on Webber for no reason. You bash him. I don't have to love Peja, what do we have to do, worship him. I support the Kings, I still support Webber is that a problem, he was part of our team for a very long time and for some reason you have to bash him.

sloter c'mon on now

yes Peja is an all star but so is Mike and you know it...just cuz he hasn't made it to the all star game doesn't mean he's not an all star

iheartBrad said:
sloter c'mon on now

yes Peja is an all star but so is Mike and you know it...just cuz he hasn't made it to the all star game doesn't mean he's not an all star
well, it means he's not regarded as highly... and with the defense he plays, he really can't be. Pedja is better offensive and defensive player, but a worse clutch performer. But that's like comparing Tim Duncan to Steve Kerr...

bigbadred00 said:
Sasha, who asked to leave during the Summer. Please answer that question. It wasn't Chris. It was Peja who asked for a trade. That's what we remember.
Webber has made negative remarks about Sacto in the past as well and we moved on; obviously, Peja was unhappy this summer, but I think (hope) he's over it. He looked to be having a good time even before the Webb trade, which is more than i can say for most NBA players. He made some remarks to the media (mostly the Serbian media, btw, and many foreign players use their domestic media to vent and get things off their chest that they can't in the U.S.), but I think he's moved on, so let's move on too.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Stojakovic is a better shooter, and may be a better defender. Bibby is a better scorer, however, a better ball handler, a better passer, a better rebounder, can create his own shot, doesn't fold in the clutch, and actually seems like someone who can lead his teammates and/or make them better, unlike Stojakovic. By my standards, that makes for a better player.

I don't recognize All-Star selections as some kind of empirical evidence that one player is better than another, either; I think that Richard Hamilton is a better player than Stojakovic, and he's never been to an All-Star game. Elton Brand is, too, and I don't think that he has, either.

S

sashaXJR

kperica said:
Webber has made negative remarks about Sacto in the past as well and we moved on; obviously, Peja was unhappy this summer, but I think (hope) he's over it. He looked to be having a good time even before the Webb trade, which is more than i can say for most NBA players. He made some remarks to the media (mostly the Serbian media, btw, and many foreign players use their domestic media to vent and get things off their chest that they can't in the U.S.), but I think he's moved on, so let's move on too.
exactly....Peja asked for a trade a while ago...now he seems to be happy, why can't we be happy and respect him a bit more...appreciate the All Star player that we have.....Peja is a really nice guy, and just cause he didn't grow up in the street (is not a gangster (dope seller ala Anthony), wife beater like Kid & Iverson, law breaker like (here it comes) Webber), doesn't mean he's not a good player....He is also getting paid way under Bibby and that Sixers power forward, what's his name..oh Webber :p .....The guy is overachieving for the money he's getting.....overachieving for sure.......Now if he gets, a multimillion contract(superstar kind of contract) lets bash him, and tell him he is soft, Bibby is better, or whatsoever...............I want to see Peja get 6-8 rebounds a game, Bibby 9-10 assists a game, Miller 11-12 rebounds a game......I want to see Philadephia 76's in the finals....;) ..that was just a joke......they don't have a chance to make it to the finals.........

S

sashaXJR

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Stojakovic is a better shooter, and may be a better defender. Bibby is a better scorer, however, a better ball handler, a better passer, a better rebounder, can create his own shot, doesn't fold in the clutch, and actually seems like someone who can lead his teammates and/or make them better, unlike Stojakovic. By my standards, that makes for a better player.

I don't recognize All-Star selections as some kind of empirical evidence that one player is better than another, either; I think that Richard Hamilton is a better player than Stojakovic, and he's never been to an All-Star game. Elton Brand is, too, and I don't think that he has, either.

And you're right about All Star when fans vote, they vote Vince Carter every year, he doesn't deserve it.....but Coaches know what they're doing, a bit more than you do, don't you think.....Maybe you should be out there making money coaching with Bibby on your Team,and I will take Nash, Bryant or Tracy McGrady, Allan anytime in front of him......

Elton Brand has been to an All Star game before...I can not believe you call out Hamilton a better player than Peja...and you call yourself a Kings fan...are you a Kings fan at all...but than again you don't need to be a Kings fan to recognize that Peja is twice as much of a player that Hamilton is.....Hamilton is lucky to be on a right team, with right coach....Don't you think that if Detroit made a trade with Kings now, and swapped Rich for Peja, that the Pistons would at least be in the Finals....

sashaXJR said:
exactly....Peja asked for a trade a while ago...now he seems to be happy, why can't we be happy and respect him a bit more...appreciate the All Star player that we have.....Peja is a really nice guy, and just cause he didn't grow up in the street (is not a gangster (dope seller ala Anthony), wife beater like Kid & Iverson, law breaker like (here it comes) Webber), doesn't mean he's not a good player....He is also getting paid way under Bibby and that Sixers power forward, what's his name..oh Webber :p .....The guy is overachieving for the money he's getting.....overachieving for sure.......Now if he gets, a multimillion contract(superstar kind of contract) lets bash him, and tell him he is soft, Bibby is better, or whatsoever...............I want to see Peja get 6-8 rebounds a game, Bibby 9-10 assists a game, Miller 11-12 rebounds a game......I want to see Philadephia 76's in the finals....;) ..that was just a joke......they don't have a chance to make it to the finals.........
For someone who claims that "Chris Webber is nobody" to them, you sure do talk about him a lot. Wait I know it, its an inferiority complex isn't it. In you mind the Kings former #4 is held in such a high regard and in your hearts of hearts you know that the one you worship could never live up to that so your only defense mechanism is to a) act like you don't care b) publicly tear down the former Kings as much as you can in an effort to build up the one you worship....

Its OK. The first step in getting over this is acceptance. Go ahead, let it all out.

AleksandarN said:
It is funny that he already mentioned it more than once that he wants to stay and is happy being a King. What more do you want from him. Also alot of people is bashing him for not playing while he injuried which is totally unacceptible. Give it time it is one thing to blame him for on court production but when it somes to critizism for not playing and the theory of him getting Chris traded is total BS. Petrie, the Maloofs, Cwebb and Pedja himself said it was not Pedja who caused Webber to get traded. I can not believe that people who still thinks that it is his fault for the trade. If you believe that then you must think that the whole Kings organization and CWebb and Pedja are liers.

I don't mean to say that Webber was traded because of Peja, eventhough there is a very high probability of that being the case. But if you think that all the announcements and press interviews given by the NBA professionals is nothing but the truth, then you are dreaming.

S

sashaXJR

ReinadelosReys said:
For someone who claims that "Chris Webber is nobody" to them, you sure do talk about him a lot. Wait I know it, its an inferiority complex isn't it. In you mind the Kings former #4 is held in such a high regard and in your hearts of hearts you know that the one you worship could never live up to that so your only defense mechanism is to a) act like you don't care b) publicly tear down the former Kings as much as you can in an effort to build up the one you worship....

Its OK. The first step in getting over this is acceptance. Go ahead, let it all out.
yes, you know me really well

S

sashaXJR

ReinadelosReys said:

Maybe you should purchase an NBA pass, so you can watch Sixers play every night....."that the one you worship could never live up to that"...the one I worship has been trough a lot more than Webb has ever, and has a full house of trophies...The guy has won (3) championships, who are you talking about....What did Chris win...?...
It's about time you guys let go of Webber......this is the NBA, not a love story in which you cry after a break up......stop whining

sashaXJR said:
And you're right about All Star when fans vote, they vote Vince Carter every year, he doesn't deserve it.....but Coaches know what they're doing, a bit more than you do, don't you think.....Maybe you should be out there making money coaching with Bibby on your Team,and I will take Nash, Bryant or Tracy McGrady, Allan anytime in front of him......

Elton Brand has been to an All Star game before...I can not believe you call out Hamilton a better player than Peja...and you call yourself a Kings fan...are you a Kings fan at all...but than again you don't need to be a Kings fan to recognize that Peja is twice as much of a player that Hamilton is.....Hamilton is lucky to be on a right team, with right coach....Don't you think that if Detroit made a trade with Kings now, and swapped Rich for Peja, that the Pistons would at least be in the Finals....
Hamilton is the last guy anyone should be knocking on. The way he played in the playoffs, was one of the major reasons why the Pistons won it all. Peja is a great player, but he still has to show that he is half the man Hamilton is and what Hamilton has achieved last year. Hamilton wasn't lucky to be on the Pistons team. He was the luck that made them the champions. So just think before what you write.

sashaXJR said:
Maybe you should purchase an NBA pass, so you can watch Sixers play every night....."that the one you worship could never live up to that"...the one I worship has been trough a lot more than Webb has ever, and has a full house of trophies...The guy has won (3) championships, who are you talking about....What did Chris win...?...
It's about time you guys let go of Webber......this is the NBA, not a love story in which you cry after a break up......stop whining
Ladies and Gentlemen, I rest my case.

Chris Webber ran his mouth about Peja,that was unforgivable in my book,especially when Webber cant keep his arse on the court.If it wasnt for Peja,Sac wouldnt have even made the playoffs last year.Pretty hard to talk about someones heart when you yourself dont have anything even resembling heart.Webber IMO hasnt lived upto the hype,and Peja is better than his predraft billing,now I ask you who has heart.If asking to be traded was wrong by Peja,wasnt Webber running his fat trap to the media about Peja just as wrong,isnt that supposed to be handled INHOUSE?Whoever said that Webber is liked better than Peja nation wide, is uninformed,alot of the country thinks Webber is a cheater,who got lucky that the guy who paid him in college died before he could testify.By all rights Webber should be locked up.Be happy with Peja he is a classy player,whereas Webber's class is sketchy at best.I didnt like the Webber trade by the way,I was hoping that the Kings were going to get healthy and were going to give the west a run for theyre money and win it all.I will probably offend some with what I just said,and be threatend with being banned like has happend in the past,but that wasnt my intentions.Go Kings whoop that Miami arse tonight. OUT

jahhluv said:
Chris Webber ran his mouth about Peja,that was unforgivable in my book,especially when Webber cant keep his arse on the court.If it wasnt for Peja,Sac wouldnt have even made the playoffs last year.Pretty hard to talk about someones heart when you yourself dont have anything even resembling heart.Webber IMO hasnt lived upto the hype,and Peja is better than his predraft billing,now I ask you who has heart.If asking to be traded was wrong by Peja,wasnt Webber running his fat trap to the media about Peja just as wrong,isnt that supposed to be handled INHOUSE?Whoever said that Webber is liked better than Peja nation wide, is uninformed,alot of the country thinks Webber is a cheater,who got lucky that the guy who paid him in college died before he could testify.By all rights Webber should be locked up.Be happy with Peja he is a classy player,whereas Webber's class is sketchy at best.I didnt like the Webber trade by the way,I was hoping that the Kings were going to get healthy and were going to give the west a run for theyre money and win it all.I will probably offend some with what I just said,and be threatend with being banned like has happend in the past,but that wasnt my intentions.Go Kings whoop that Miami arse tonight. OUT
I'll be happy with Peja once he convinces me 1) he wants to be here. 2) That he wants, and more importantly, believes his team can win a Championship, that he is willing to do whatever it takes toward that end.
I'd be a lot happier with the classy Peja if his fans would show even a modicum of it.

Kingsgurl said:
I'll be happy with Peja once he convinces me 1) he wants to be here. 2) That he wants, and more importantly, believes his team can win a Championship, that he is willing to do whatever it takes toward that end.
I'd be a lot happier with the classy Peja if his fans would show even a modicum of it.
so true...

In away i can totally see why people like sasha are getting upset and offended by the things we are saying about Peja

i mean Peja is from their area...and i personally think its only natural to be protective over a guy like that

when you hear us saying things like "he's soft" "he's not a leader" "he needs to step up" to them its like we're taking a shot at their hero

i keep asking myself "what if the situation was reversed--what if the player i know to be my 'hero' is playing overseas on a team where the fans continue to say things like 'he's soft' how would i feel?" and the answer to that would be OFFENDED...i would sit on the message board and defend my guy til the end...and i think thats what they are doing...thats why i try not to start a fire with them cuz it'll never end...they are just defending their guy

iheartBrad said:
In away i can totally see why people like sasha are getting upset and offended by the things we are saying about Peja

i mean Peja is from their area...and i personally think its only natural to be protective over a guy like that

when you hear us saying things like "he's soft" "he's not a leader" "he needs to step up" to them its like we're taking a shot at their hero

i keep asking myself "what if the situation was reversed--what if the player i know to be my 'hero' is playing overseas on a team where the fans continue to say things like 'he's soft' how would i feel?" and the answer to that would be OFFENDED...i would sit on the message board and defend my guy til the end...and i think thats what they are doing...thats why i try not to start a fire with them cuz it'll never end...they are just defending their guy
Thing is, there is a fine line between "defending your guy" and " homerism"...I'm not going to accuse anyone of anything, I'll I like to see is a little objectivity every now and then.

iheartBrad said:

:) Ooohhh, very nice. Well done!

----------

I think a lot of the criticism of Stojakovic is valid, just as criticism of Webber or Adelman, or Bibby, or anybody else can be valid, too. In my opinion, while there is some anger and resentment at Stojakovic for his perceived role in the end of the Webber-led era, I think a lot of what has happened is that we as fans are really trying to figure out what is going to happen now with our "new" team. A lot of that depends on #16, and based on what we've seen so far, it is fair to question what will happen next with his performance. These same questions were around when Webber was considering whether to re-sign with Sacramento a few years ago. Can he be a leader, is he too "soft", does he have enough to take the team to a championship, etc. They were valid questions then and they're valid now.

Of course, there are always those who exaggerate and over-emphasize the negatives while ignoring facts (e.g. "Pedja is a bad defender" or "Peja has never hit a game winning shot"), but ehh, what can you do? It happens.

What I find funny is that people can say anything they want about Peja on this board and nobody calls it bashing. You mention Webber's name in a derogatory fashion and you get jumped all over for bashing and pepoel say they going to report you for bashing. So, it's bashing when it's about Chris and opinion or criticism when it comes to Peja. Seems a little unfair.

In most cases, the people who throw around the term "bashing" in reference to valid criticism of Webber are just like the people who complain that Stojakovic is bashed when the criticism of him is valid. It happens on both sides. The true "bashing" is more rare, is often deleted from the forum, and also happens to both Peja and Chris (and others).

Daniela said:
What I find funny is that people can say anything they want about Peja on this board and nobody calls it bashing. You mention Webber's name in a derogatory fashion and you get jumped all over for bashing and pepoel say they going to report you for bashing. So, it's bashing when it's about Chris and opinion or criticism when it comes to Peja. Seems a little unfair.
To some degree I can understand what you are saying - there is no question that people have been critical of Peja since the trade. The only thing is, people were equally critical and even downright viscious when they talked about Chris Webber before. The first time I came to this board, which was not long b4 you - I was amazed at some of the things people were saying about Webb. And yes your right - it would be best if the fans remained neutral and remembered that the team is most important. That being said, I really don't think there is a double standard - I have been asked by people to review certain statements I've made about Peja before as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.