My name is VF21. I'm a Kings fan.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Congrats on the fat loss!

I eat similarly. Ketogenic with intermittent fasting with reload days 1-2X every week to fuel intense workouts heavy weights and HIIT. I maintain 12% body fat pretty consistently. You don't have to swear off donuts permanently with this approach. You just earn them ;) I have not had donuts in a while, not that I don't love them, but I am more partial to M&Ms Blue Bonnett ice cream. Tostitos and Oreos on my load days. :)

As an aside, and memo to Big Boi fruit is overrated. Fruit is not good for fat loss, does not help you perform in the gym. It does not convert to glycogen and in excess converts to fat. As long as you do not go Homer Simpson, as long as you are training hard, you could argue donuts (timed and earned post-workout ) contribute more to optimal health and fitness than fruit. Fruit locally grown pesticide free hormone free etc is a great source of vitamins minerals and antioxidants but fruit also spikes glucose and insulin and turns off fat burning. Then your glucose falls and creates the sensation of hunger and you are more inclined to reach for carbs. If you avoid fruit you are less inclined to require willpower to overeat.

You are better consuming healthy fats (coconut oil, grass fed butter, EVOO, olives, sardines, avocado, etc) while running net caloric deficit of 10-25% to keep insulin stable, appetite suppressed, brain nourished and anabolic hormones (GH, etc) high. How do you think I pump out so much content on this site? My brain is well-nourished with lots of yummy butter!

I should mention your best load foods are fast carbs and non-fat. Donuts are fast carbs and high fat with the worst kind of fats (trans fats). Same goes for Oreos and ice cream, but hey gotta live a little, right? :) But ideally your re-feed choices are non-fat like Orange Sherbert, fresh bread, pasta, sushi, rice bowl, potato even hard candy like Hot Tamales or Gummy Bears, etc, fast carbs without the fat content.

To bring this to the Kings if you bulk clean you can achieve the body fat of percentage like George Hill (around 7-8%) whereas if you bulk dirty you are more likely to look like Papa G (15-18% body fat). At the same time, a guy like George Hill can afford more fruit. Each game the player is running like 2-3 miles. But unless you have the workout regimen of a professional athlete I don't think fruit does you a lot of good.
Fruit in excess isn't a good thing due to the fructose content but what is the average amount of fruit recommended? I believe it's 5 servings and even that is too much in my opinion but to each their own.

Your body can't tell the difference between a carb, but it does digest differently so when you mention that you are better off eating Sherbert, bread, pasta & rice, white rice I'm assuming, then those foods turn into sugar the same way fructose would without the vitamins and nutrients that fruit would provide.

At the same time, if you are an active individual, you can afford to sneak in a day where you "cheat" and eat what you desire but if we are talking about a individual who isn't that physically active & has a sedentary lifestyle, well, then that person would most likely fall in the 40% category of people in the states and that's obese.

Eat more protein, the right carbs & fats and be conscious about empty calories for sustained success not just in your younger years but in the future too.

Gonna share my story! :)

I was back in time a small town kid with a dream to play soccer, never ever basketball interested me so much because back in 2002 it was not popular here it was all about hockey, soccer or volleyball then.

As always after the school, I did my homework and turned TV... it's 2002 January as I'm watching my favorite TV Show back then, the commercials start and there is one commercial that caught my eye... I still remember everything that was there in that commercial even almost 16 years later... ''for the first time on Latvian television an NBA game live on your TV, featuring Timberwolves and Sacramento Kings, don't miss it out.''

I decided to watch it that Sunday evening, it was an early game for me started around 8 PM if I remember correctly, so I was able to watch it because the next day I had to go to school, so as I was watching I have only seen before some National team games and local league basketball games, but when I for the first time saw the NBA basketball I instantly became a fan of the game.

I still remember how KG and C-Webb went back and forth that game and the Kings had a comeback victory over Timberwolves that day. And I became after that a huge Chris Webber fan, still, to this day, he is my favorite player of all time... as I continue now my story, next day in school it was the top topic all around the school if some classmates did not saw the game we said to them yall will regret this because it was an awesome game... the day continued and it was an art class I drew a Chris Webber shooting a basketball in the net and after that day, I asked my mom to buy every morning a newspaper where every single day there was a page for last night NBA game results, and first team, I was always looking for was how did the Sacramento Kings do...

I remember every Saturday or Sunday they had at least one early game live on TV, and I was waiting for at least one more Kings game, but it was a long time since I saw my Kings next time I think it was against Bucks with Ray Allen two months later, but it was such an awesome feeling.

Still a fan for 16 years. Nothing is gonna make me turn on this team. Those memories what I had back then in 2002 when I first saw NBA game will not replace anything.

And guess what basketball is my favorite sport now to play or watch, even tho I played volleyball professionally.

Go Kings Go, can't wait for one day to travel to Sacramento to watch Kings game live. :)

Maybe if we make the playoffs in the next 3 years? I have a plan if they do.

Hi. My name is whitechocolate and I'm the illest whiteboy ever to step foot onto a basketball court. I like shooting from way out and making Gary Payton look like his feet are glued to the floor.

I was born in Sacramento in 1985 which means my blood is purple. My earliest memories with the team are going to games with my dad during the Mitch Richmond years. I own one basketball jersey, an authentic Bobby Jackson jersey I bought as a teenager. I wear it to every game I go to. I even have a ticket from when I was a kid signed by kingsfans.com favorite, Grant Napear. The older I get, the more I care about the team. I look forward to NBA fans speaking of how good Sacramento is again.