And the answer is... WE WIN!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 35s

Stern reports the vote was on the $625 million offer.

-----------------------------------

Not sure that it'll make much difference. The Sacramento group is the only offer left on the table.

Meanwhile, the Seattle journalists continue to try and make this about them. And it's clear Stern has about had it with their ridiculous spins, revisionist history, etc.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Stern: This wasn't an anti-Seattle vote. It was a pro-'SACRAMENTO vote!

Reporter asks if Seattle was used as a pawn.

Stern says, after rolling his eyes, that KJ approached NBA and said, "We understand there's an offer to move the team to Seattle. What do we have to do to get it to stay?" Sacramento did what it needed to do.

LOL!

Stern: This wasn't an anti-Seattle vote. It was a pro-'SACRAMENTO vote!

Reporter asks if Seattle was used as a pawn.

Stern says, after rolling his eyes, that KJ approached NBA and said, "We understand there's an offer to move the team to Seattle. What do we have to do to get it to stay?" Sacramento did what it needed to do.

LOL!
In 2008 Seattle and their politicians just thumbed their nose at the NBA. Sac wanted this. And backed it up at every turn.

vancouver?
Never heard anything about vancouver.
The Vancouver Canucks owner wants a team up there. Also San Diego has crept in I guess. I was reading something on that! Doubt San Diego would get one because of Lakers territory but it would be interesting to see if they get good ownership there and pay territory rights to Lakers and Clippers

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Stern made a comment at one point about the Maloofs being good for Sacramento, good for the Kings and good for the NBA. The man is a total genius at public relations and spin.

S

SacTownKing

Thank you Stern , Sacramento Kings are here to stay. Haven't been on the board in years, nice to see everyone again. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 5m

Stern: It is my expectation that we'll be able to make a deal to transfer ownership to Ranadive group.

Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 3m

Stern: Once Sacramento got engaged in doing this & being able to deliver on promise that advantage to incumbent was going to prevale

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 1m

On question about reports that the SEA increased bid rubbing the bid the wrong way, Stern said "none, that was the Twittersphere."

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I hope no one missed the almost subtle remark that Stern would strong arm the Maloofs. I say almost as I think he is going to strong arm them.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Press conference over.

If you're in Sacramento, head downtown to the Firestone Public Grill on 16th to "casually meet" with fellow Kings fans.

:)

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Not speaking for anyone else, but I'm going to wait until the Maloofs are gone for good before starting any full scale celebration. This is certainly a GREAT day for Sacramento Kings fans though. We still have a team next season and hopefully for another 35 seasons after that.

I hope no one missed the almost subtle remark that Stern would strong arm the Maloofs. I say almost as I think he is going to strong arm them.
I completely agree. Stern is not going to be jacked around by Maloofs and least of all punked by the bozos. I think Stern's repeated emphasis of "as soon as possible" or "24-48 hours" shows he's FED UP just like all of us.

Relief. All of you lucky enough to be going to the "casual meet" of KF, make sure to take planety of videos and pics! And have a great time - the last few months have been extremely stressful, now is the time to celebrate!

God i would do anything to be a fly on the wall when stern drops the hammer on the maloofs.

What is he gonna say to the maloofs? I wouldn't wanna double cross stern.

Reporter grilling George Magoof on KCRA

No place to slither away this time

--except the bathroom excuse

Saying that he couldn't find a group to buy in Sacramento initially :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.