Amare might not play this season

Its not confirmed, just a rumor. But if it turns out to be true, its pretty bad for the Suns, not just this season but also for the coming years as well, since he has just signed a max contract. And a year long injury would probably have some long term effets.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
BLNINJA #81 said:
or they could pull a "tim duncan" and trash every game this year and get the #1 pick
That just isn't going to happen. If you look at last year's games, you will see that games where Amare did not play were barely a blip on the radar. When Nash was out, the Suns went into tailspins.

i.e. They will make the playoffs if Nash stays healthy and they lose no other starters for significant #'s of games.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If he doesn't play this year, and - because he's allowed enough time to fully rehab - he comes back a year from now and is able to play the rest of his career without future problems, I'm pretty sure most Phoenix fans will be willing to pay that price.

this is all bull to me

how on earth do insiders know anything? only people who know is amare and his doctors and even now amare doesn't know how long he will be out. he will know come all-star weekend maybe..certainly not now.

NO ONE knows at this stage

This is a good move on Amare's part. Get healthy. Do a full rehab. Be smart. You have a LONG career ahead of you, IF you do things right.

As far as No Amare=no playoffs. Well, that ALL depends on Nash. His health determines the Playoff berth. If Nash is healthy, they'll get in, but if no Amare, they will get bounced in the 1st round.

However, I don't see them makeing the playoffs simply because I don't think Nash will be healthy the whole year.

jacobdrj said:
This is a good move on Amare's part. Get healthy. Do a full rehab. Be smart. You have a LONG career ahead of you, IF you do things right.

As far as No Amare=no playoffs. Well, that ALL depends on Nash. His health determines the Playoff berth. If Nash is healthy, they'll get in, but if no Amare, they will get bounced in the 1st round.

However, I don't see them makeing the playoffs simply because I don't think Nash will be healthy the whole year.
nash rarely misses games, last year he missed a few but over the years he rarely gets hurt. I still believe suns could well win their division even if amare only plays in 10-20 odd games

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ray Allen34 said:
this is all bull to me

how on earth do insiders know anything? only people who know is amare and his doctors and even now amare doesn't know how long he will be out. he will know come all-star weekend maybe..certainly not now.

NO ONE knows at this stage
Not entirely true...

We Kings fans have a pretty good idea. The real point is that coming back mid-season RARELY works out for either the player or the team. The player isn't at 100%; the team has learned to adjust for his absence; there is too much pressure on the player AND the team to make things back the way they were before.

While Amare may not know how long he'll be out, some pretty good experts in the field CAN tell him how long he should be out for full recovery. He has his whole future ahead of him, IMHO sitting out the entire year might be the best for all concerned.

You'd be surprised how accurately doctors can guess how long recovery will take, especially doctors who have done the surgery a few times. It sucks for a player at this stage of his career to have this surgery. I truly hope it doesn't kill his athleticism and quickness as it has other players, if it does, he better find a jump shot.

VF21 said:
He has his whole future ahead of him, IMHO sitting out the entire year might be the best for all concerned.
Eventhough this is true, the Suns would proabably want him to come back as soon as possible, becasue this one year would mean one year lesser with Nash on the team and Nash isn't getting any younger.