Alvin Gentry relieved of head coaching duties

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
So far so good, but since there are two threads on the same "topic" with different focuses, let's try to remember to keep comments about Gentry and the end of his tenure here, and comments about the upcoming coaching search in the other thread.

This is giving me flashbacks to that sacbee article about how Vivek likes to hire people into the front office and then give them powers that are way outside of their job scope. I can see Vivek allowing Gentry to draw up plays from the office and fax them to the new coach during the games.
if it gets rid of Dumars I’d be ok with it. It prolly won’t be this though sadly

I looked at the roster on the last game of the season.. I don't even recognize this team. I knew of like 2 players. They need to win now. I was a fan for a long time but I couldn't care less about the Kings now.

Keeping Fox who seems to miss about a 3rd of the season every year for various injuries yet trade Haliburton? Good lord. This team is full of a bunch of people in the front office who don't know basketball. We have had plenty of time to rebuild, and we would have been if this team made the right and OBVIOUS to all of us fans moves... Phoenix is not a big market and have rebuilt the team to playoff status three times in the time it's taken us to land at another losing season (howmany years in a row?). I am so sick of seeing this team fail, and now that I don't even know any of the players on this team they better do something quick or they will be losing a lot of fans. If we cannot get behind these no name players then there is no reason to stick around.

I looked at the roster on the last game of the season.. I don't even recognize this team. I knew of like 2 players. They need to win now. I was a fan for a long time but I couldn't care less about the Kings now.

Keeping Fox who seems to miss about a 3rd of the season every year for various injuries yet trade Haliburton? Good lord. This team is full of a bunch of people in the front office who don't know basketball. We have had plenty of time to rebuild, and we would have been if this team made the right and OBVIOUS to all of us fans moves... Phoenix is not a big market and have rebuilt the team to playoff status three times in the time it's taken us to land at another losing season (howmany years in a row?). I am so sick of seeing this team fail, and now that I don't even know any of the players on this team they better do something quick or they will be losing a lot of fans. If we cannot get behind these no name players then there is no reason to stick around.
In all fairness to the Kings, you could look at almost any roster of any team's final game and not recognize the team. Because that's just what happens a lot of times. The regulars sit, while the youngsters are thrown in their to give them minutes, and experience, and something to talk to their kids about during dinner, or before tucking them in at night.

And, unless you lived under a rock during the previous 81 games of the regular season, the Kings' roster in game 81 really shouldn't have looked all that different.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
In all fairness to the Kings, you could look at almost any roster of any team's final game and not recognize the team. Because that's just what happens a lot of times. The regulars sit, while the youngsters are thrown in their to give them minutes, and experience, and something to talk to their kids about during dinner, or before tucking them in at night.

And, unless you lived under a rock during the previous 81 games of the regular season, the Kings' roster in game 81 really shouldn't have looked all that different.
yeah, not sure it’s fair to judge a roster on a night where the team’s two stars are out with injuries and three other rotation guys/starter level players are out or sitting the entirety of the second half.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member