All-Star Saturday Night

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
...only two of those have ever appeared in the NBA dunk contest. Kobe Bryant entered once (1997 winning it), D-Wade (never) and let's see who else... Donte Greene:cool:
The Show would be fun to watch in the event. I always thought his style and demeanor was particularly well suited for that sort of event.

One of the more disappointing All-Star satuday nights in a while. It was definitely amazing to see C-Webb back in a Kings uni though.

One thing I was most looking forward to was seeing Gerald Wallace back in the dunk contest. I'm not sure why he accepted the invitation if he just acted like he didn't care.

At least our rookies took care of business yesterday, I'll hold on to that :)

this has got to be one of the blandest all star week end ever... the rook-soph game was really awesome, the horse was kind of boring, slam dunk is losing its luster, 3pt shoot out is the only thing that stays consistent.

I think Shannon Brown was robbed on his first attempt, at any case it was better than Wallace's weak ****. What was Gerald doing seriously?

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
if it wasn't for this girl - Evans and webber would still be shooting and they would probably have to throw them out after everyone else went home

Reina tried to tell everyone that "this girl" was going to have to carry the team. BTW - "this girl" has a name. She is Nicole Powell, formerly of the Sacramento Monarchs (until their recent folding and dispersal). She was a STAR player at Stanford University where the women's basketball program has been a "powerhouse" in the west for a long time. She only held the all-time points and rebounds records at the school, until recently, when Jan Appel, took away the rebounding record just a week or two ago.

One other thing about Nicole: She was an integral part of bringing Sacramento it's only professional basketball championship, the 2005 WNBA Championship, to be exact. I think she has earned the right to have a name.

I totally agree. I'm kind of upset that I have wasted the begining of my saturday night with this garbage. I'm not tough to please, this was just terrible.
I agree. Whats even worse is that i quit gambling last year then decided to start up again by betting on G. Wallace in the dunk contest. Nice showing Skywalker!

its like every dunker didnt even plan out what they were going to do, then just dunked it or had someone throw an easy alley-oop and walked off. what was derozon doing on his last dunk to try and win, he just ran straight at it and did a half-windmill.

Nate should have been ashamed to call that his A game. he was just ok....the other dunkers were bad, and he only won by 51%
He's short, that's his A game. It's won him his previous two trophies.

its like every dunker didnt even plan out what they were going to do, then just dunked it or had someone throw an easy alley-oop and walked off. what was derozon doing on his last dunk to try and win, he just ran straight at it and did a half-windmill.
I think he was trying for a foul-line dunk and missed his mark.

The dunk contest is dead. There is only so many dunks a player can do.

The only thing saving the contest was the use of props, ala green sneakers or superman cape.

I would love the dunk contest to be replaced with a 1 on 1 competition.

Kobe v. Wade? Lebron v. Durant? The possibilities are endless.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So Tyreke and Omri don't get to stay to watch the big game. That kind of sucks for them. Per the Bee:

Gone by game time – Evans and Casspi will not attend tonight's All-Star Game, as they were scheduled to return to Sacramento because the Kings have practice Monday.

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/2536137.html
According to his trainer's Twitter, he gave his tickets away to some people in the airport. Plus it doesn't suck since we all know 'Reke will be back there next year playing in the big boy game.

Thank goodness I DVR'd the whole thing when I was out last night and watched it this morning with heavy use of the fast forward button.

The dunk contest was turrible. I remember all the talk about the contest coming back to life after Dwight's sticker dunk and the Superman dunk the following year, so... why did they change everything that made those years fun?

Men's 1500m short track speed skating was the most exciting sports offering last night. By a lot.

Thank goodness I DVR'd the whole thing when I was out last night and watched it this morning with heavy use of the fast forward button.

The dunk contest was turrible. I remember all the talk about the contest coming back to life after Dwight's sticker dunk and the Superman dunk the following year, so... why did they change everything that made those years fun?

Men's 1500m short track speed skating was the most exciting sports offering last night. By a lot.
Yeah, no kidding...the NBA REALLY needs to take a look at how the heck it handles these events because I have absolutely NO desire to watch the slam dunk competition anymore...and thats a shame because I used to stop EVERYTHING to watch them back in the day with Jordan, Nique, Larry Nance, Dr. J, etc...I remember being SO excited watching Kenny Smith make it to the dunk finals against Skywalker. Hell, Harold Miner was light years ahead of anything these wannabe dunkers can do nowadays, its a joke...and that sucks! The last dunk contest I actually had interest in was when Vince Carter won...well, maybe when Wallace went against J-Rich, but that was it! The competition sucks now!