All-Purpose MLB Thread!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Turns out the Giants will actually meet with MadBum’s people, so there’s still hope.

Apparently they’re the current high bidders on OF Nick Castellanos, who I know nothing about. Quick research says 27 year old power bat who’s a mediocre fielder.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Giants trade for Zack Cozart and Will Wilson for a PTBNL. Essentially took on Cozart’s bad contract to buy Wilson who was the #15 pick of last year’s draft and the Angels #4 prospect.

Signed Kevin Gausman, which seems like a Pomeranz-like deal. Upside arm that fell on hard times, sighed for one year and can be dealt if he finds himself.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Garrit Cole signs with the Yankees for way too much money (9 / 324mil)

And with that, Ken Rosenthal reports that..., the Dodgers will shift their attention to MadBum.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Yeah, never in my life have I been so disinterested in the Giants.

Just won’t be the same without MadBum on the bump.
Cueto/Samardzija/Uhh..../that other guy/Gooseman

That is depressing. Lol, The Giants are going to lose 100 games next year, and I’m all for it. I hope the stadium is completely empty every step of the way.

Can’t wait to hear what “baseball reasons” the powers in charge have for letting MadBum walk.

Fun Fact; Jeff freakin’ Samardzija is getting paid more than 30 million more by the Giants than they offered MadBum,

SLAB

Hall of Famer
How about this cheating scandal, eh?

And with Altuve potentially wearing a buzzer on his person to tip incoming pitches; This really puts my “Barry Bonds isn’t in the Hall of Fame because he was a jerk to the writers” take to the test here. Because Altuve is the anti-Bonds. He’s universally beloved. We’ll see what the writers have to say many years down the line.

All I know is Bonds had some help; but he did what he did without a damn buzzer on his body.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
People somehow saying that Mike Fiers was wrong for blowing the whistle on the Astros maybe the hot take bad enough for me to quit the internet in general.

People somehow saying that Mike Fiers was wrong for blowing the whistle on the Astros maybe the hot take bad enough for me to quit the internet in general.
That is a doozy of a hot take. He didn't even spill the beans while he was on the team but rather while he was on a division rival that lost the division to the Astros the last two seasons... a team he knew was cheating. And he did it to protect his fellow pitchers from losing their jobs because of it. What's disgraceful about that?