All-NBA Free Agency Thread 2020

But at a certain point, you CAN have too much draft capital. There are only fifteen spots on a roster
It will be interesting to watch OKC maneuver with that many picks. I am sure they would like to package several of them to move up in drafts but it isn't as easy to do that as it is in the NFL. At least not into the top 5-6. Im sure they plan on swinging for the fence a few times too (Poku) hoping to land their next superstar.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It will be interesting to watch OKC maneuver with that many picks. I am sure they would like to package several of them to move up in drafts but it isn't as easy to do that as it is in the NFL. At least not into the top 5-6. Im sure they plan on swinging for the fence a few times too (Poku) hoping to land their next superstar.
yup. People heaped praise on Ainge for stockpiling picks for years but now that he actually has no choice but to use them, people are calling for his head

Chris Kirschner @ChrisKirschner
The Hawks have signed former Chicago point guard Kris Dunn to a 2-year, $10 million deal. @Adrian Wojnarowski was first. The Hawks just got one of the best guard defenders in the league. Talks with Rajon Rondo must’ve stalled because that deal was very close last night.
Absolutely incredible deal. Fits perfectly with Trae and can defend the better guard on a nightly basis, flex between the 1 and 2. They can still use Bogdan obviously, but they're sort of running out of playing time:

Trae || Dunn
Huerter || Dunn
Hunter || Reddish
Gallo || Collins?
Capela || Okongwu

If they sign Bogdan, someone in that rotation is getting squeezed

Absolutely incredible deal. Fits perfectly with Trae and can defend the better guard on a nightly basis, flex between the 1 and 2. They can still use Bogdan obviously, but they're sort of running out of playing time:

Trae || Dunn
Huerter || Dunn
Hunter || Reddish
Gallo || Collins?
Capela || Okongwu

Bogi prob would start at 2. Especially if he’s getting $16 mil +. If they sign a better 2/3 free agent or spend more than $10 mil, then I’d feel better we can sign bogi for cheap.

Trae || Dunn
Huerter || Dunn
Hunter || Reddish
Gallo || Collins?
Capela || Okongwu

call me crazy, but could they be stockpiling assets to make a run at Harden?

Detroit had a riduculously bad offseason. Grant 3/60mil and Plumlee 3/25mil. Then they let Christian Wood walk for 3/41mil. You're willing to pay +7/year for 30y old career backup level Plumlee, but not to a very promising, awesome advanced metrics Wood for +13mil/year that also fits so much better to your team? Considering their lineup:

Rose/Haynes
Svi/Wright
Grant
Blake
Plumlee

Good luck to their rookie pg. Absolutely horrible spacing, one complete non shooting center playing with Grant thats below average shooter that needs spacing to be a play finisher and Rose as a below average shooter. Tons of money/flexibility spent and for what? Both of those free agent signings were very bad. Grant is a big overpay to play in a situation that isnt best for him. Those Plumlee type deals are almost always horrible because centers like plumlee can be found for close to minimum deals every single year. Also Doumbouya needs minutes at the 4.

So, unless they play Blake, Grant, Bey/Doumbouya frontcourt a lot, they will be horrible offensively. That would also make the Plumlee signing even more horrible so if I was a Pistons fan I would be furiously questioning these moves.

That kinda money changes things. Nobody else was going to offer him $30 million a year. If I were an NBA journeyman one-time All-Star coming off a year where I was maybe the fourth or fifth best player on my team I'd play on the moon for $30 million a year.
Not to mention someone who recovered from a potentially career ending injury. Grab the earnings while you can; it can all be over in an instant.

Shams Charania: Free agent Serge Ibaka has agreed to a deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. – via Twitter ShamsCharania

Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent Serge Ibaka plans to sign a 2-year, $19M deal with the Clippers, source tells ESPN. – via Twitter wojespn

another team in LA with a steal. The rich get richer.