76ers Reportedly Looking to Trade Up into Top 5 Picks of 2018 NBA Draft

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...o-trade-up-into-top-5-picks-of-2018-nba-draft

It's obvious they want Doncic.

Would the Kings move it for Saric, Fultz, and the Sixers 10th?
Well it's something to think about.

Saric would step in and immediately be our best or tied as our best player on the team. He is a real nice stretch 4 that can rebound and shoot. Not a good defender but not a revolving door either. Fills a need nicely.

Fultz is a big gamble. In college he was efficient from the floor and shot 41% from 3 while taking 5 shots a game from outside the arc. All good things. His FT% was in the mid 60's which was very concerning. He's also a better rebounder and playmaker than Fox. Then whatever happened in between summer league and preseason happened and someone completely destroyed his shot. His shot was confusing to begin with since he was a good shooter from everywhere but the free throw line so it would be a big gamble to bank on him becoming a good shooter in the future.

With the 10th pick you could wind up with one of the Bridges or even possibly Carter. None of which would be a bad thing. At that point, the Kings would basically have to bet on either one of Fox or Fultz being good and they now have a crack at the playoffs in a couple years.

Fox/Fultz
Bogie/Hield
Bridges/Jackson
Saric/Skal
Giles/WCS

Lot of talent in that roster with every position filled. At that point you just kick back and wait for them to develop. The 2019 pick being lost doesn't quite have the sting that it once had. But In the end I don't think the 76ers offer Saric up in that package and at that point it would be a hard pass for me.

Kings hold the cards here. If Sixers really want Doncic, they will have to give up a lot. It will not make sense for the Sixers to trade with any other team.

Sixers would have Simmons, Embiid, and Doncic as the core. That's Sick.

Fultz is the wildcard in that trade scenario. If he's a bust then that trade is most likely a total disaster. If he turns out to be worthy of being the overall #1 pick, then the trade is a huge winner.

Apparently the 6ers FO (outside of Colangelo) was not sold on Fultz and wanted them to take a second look at Ball and Tatum specifically. There are too many RED FLAGS with Fultz. Pass.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apparently the 6ers FO (outside of Colangelo) was not sold on Fultz and wanted them to take a second look at Ball and Tatum specifically. There are too many RED FLAGS with Fultz. Pass.
I wonder about the validity of that story. It could be true but it also could be people in the Sixers front office looking for ways to distance themselves from Colangelo in the wake of the Twitter business.

Man...

I think I'd pull the trigger on 2 for Fultz/Saric/#10. I have a ton of faith in Saric, think he's one those guys who's just waiting to explode with a bigger role. He's an absolute monster fit at the 4 with our core and he'd probably be our best player right off the bat. At #10, we're guaranteed one of the Bridges/Carter, all of whom I think are quality starters, Carter and Mikal especially.

You have to believe in Fultz isn't broken, but he's seriously the ultimate "buy-low" candidate in the NBA right now. The college version of Fultz has multi-positional eligibility at PG/SG (so not a lost cause with Fox at all) and in theory should be able to space the floor once he remembers how to shoot. One of the big calling cards with Fultz is that multi-positional eligibility and having a guy who you could put off ball and still be effective. I'm going to be a believer that one of the best guard prospects we've seen just forgets how to play basketball.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Man...

I think I'd pull the trigger on 2 for Fultz/Saric/#10. I have a ton of faith in Saric, think he's one those guys who's just waiting to explode with a bigger role. He's an absolute monster fit at the 4 with our core and he'd probably be our best player right off the bat. At #10, we're guaranteed one of the Bridges/Carter, all of whom I think are quality starters, Carter and Mikal especially.

You have to believe in Fultz isn't broken, but he's seriously the ultimate "buy-low" candidate in the NBA right now. The college version of Fultz has multi-positional eligibility at PG/SG (so not a lost cause with Fox at all) and in theory should be able to space the floor once he remembers how to shoot. One of the big calling cards with Fultz is that multi-positional eligibility and having a guy who you could put off ball and still be effective. I'm going to be a believer that one of the best guard prospects we've seen just forgets how to play basketball.
The problem is that Buddy and Bogie both fill similar slots. While having 1/2 versatility is cool, if everyone has the same versatility are they really versatile at all?

The problem is that Buddy and Bogie both fill similar slots. While having 1/2 versatility is cool, if everyone has the same versatility are they really versatile at all?
I love buddy a d bogdan, I really do. Think both can be Bead Beal at some point. But if you trust the potential Fultz had before last season, hes on a completely different level of player than they are and you take him. That gives you a really nice asset to shop around to balance the team if Fultz comes close to what we thought he'd be.

I love buddy a d bogdan, I really do. Think both can be Bead Beal at some point. But if you trust the potential Fultz had before last season, hes on a completely different level of player than they are and you take him. That gives you a really nice asset to shop around to balance the team if Fultz comes close to what we thought he'd be.
How bout we swap potential for potential? Word is WCS can be a game changing defender with a nice offensive touch!

Rather have, and they’d probably rather trade, Covington

I’d do Saric/Covington/10 because I like the drafts depth. That’s still Miles Bridges/WendellCarter/Sexton

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Another risk with a chance of total explosion. Vlade is not going to do anything rash ... or overly risky. It's not prudent and the chance of failure is just too high.

I would even do this deal if they took Saric out of it Fultz/10th for the 2nd would be enough for me I think Philly giving up Saric as well if just overkill.