49ers vs. Seahawks

it isin't looking good for the 49ers this week. they have alot of problems in that seahawks team that include Matt Hassellbeck at QB, Shaun Alexander at RB, and Koren Robinson at WR. your not going to be able to stop Alexander, so you might as well try to contain him as best as possible. i believe that we can stop Hassellbeck and Robinson. Barlow is going to have to step it up and Dorsey is going to have to play another great game in order for the 49ers to win. Ahmed Plummer is going to have make at least one interception this week to make a big impact or atleast shut down Robinson. but the number one thing that they have to do is to not force any turnovers. that is what has been killing them since mid-season last year. if we win tomorrow, were in business. if we lose, then were in a world of hurt.

GO 49ERS

I'd be more concerned about Darrel Jackson than I would of Robinson. Hassellback is already coming into his own ,and I'd consider him among the top QB's in the league. There is no way the niners are going to put pressure on him with Carter out and the entire line already banged up. So he'll have all day to make precision passes with his very good receiving core.

Not to mention with a gimpy Barlow tommorow, its not going to look preety loosing.

GO NINERS! Make it atleast a 6 win season...

As if Niner fans haven't been through enough, can you believe the injuries already?

OUT C Jeremy Newberry (Knee)
DE Andrew Williams (Shin - lower leg fracture)
DOUBTFUL DE Andre Carter (Back)
T Kwame Harris (Knee)
QUESTIONABLE RB Kevan Barlow (Knee)
DE Otis Leverette (Ankle)
WR Brandon Lloyd (Groin)
QB Tim Rattay (Shoulder)
CB Mike Rumph (Groin)
PROBABLE WR Cedrick Wilson (Hamstring)
I've been rooting against the Niners since 1985, but now that TO's gone, the pity factor can start to kick in (a little). Good luck...
~~

Alacron said:
As if Niner fans haven't been through enough, can you believe the injuries already?

OUT C Jeremy Newberry (Knee)
DE Andrew Williams (Shin - lower leg fracture)
DOUBTFUL DE Andre Carter (Back)
T Kwame Harris (Knee)
QUESTIONABLE RB Kevan Barlow (Knee)
DE Otis Leverette (Ankle)
WR Brandon Lloyd (Groin)
QB Tim Rattay (Shoulder)
CB Mike Rumph (Groin)
PROBABLE WR Cedrick Wilson (Hamstring)
I've been rooting against the Niners since 1985, but now that TO's gone, the pity factor can start to kick in (a little). Good luck...
~~
Ok.........Now that must be bad.lol

Can the Niners even score a FG before regulation? I wish FOX would have atleast shown the end of the Saints-Rams game or the Packers-Colts game than this crap. An actual game would be a little more entertaining than this..

man that that was really bad. that was the worst lost i've ever seen the 49ers play. hopefully they wont play that bad next week against the rams, but you never know.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is not going to be a playoff year for the 49ers, which shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who's followed the team for any length of time.

Look at it this way: When's the last time the 49ers were in the running for a #1 draft pick?

;)

AceKingSuited said:
Hmm, I really liked being a Niner fan more when we had a mob lawyer making the decisions.
Mob lawyer? Hmm no wonder........;)

I say we go to Santa Clara and protest dag nabbit. I already have my "Yorks a Dork" sign ready:p

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I miss Eddie, too! Maybe we could start a "Bring back DeBartolo" campaign! In the meantime, make one of those "dork" signs for me!!

I'm with ya!!

Until the Niners get out of their salary cap dead money problem, it's going to be awhile until the they are a perennial playoff team again. With York's "cheapness", the situation will be even more extended. I honestly was thinking the 49ers could be a suprise team this year, but my prediction isn't even close.

I'm a bit dissapointed with Rasuan Woods who was supposed to be one of the most polish wide outs to come out of the draft. Now I'm thinking the Niners should have drafted Wilfork to eventually replace Bryant Young on the D-line instead.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Well, Rashaun Woods first three games have been busts, BUT this is his training camp. He missed the first three preseason games with a hamstring injury, and really hasn't gotten into our offense since. He did show he isn't a stiff with his last preseason game where he caught around 5 passes/50 yards. (Completly guesstimating, I think it was around there, though.)

Another bad thing going on is the defense is focusing on Brandon Lloyd, so one of the other guys (Wilson, Conway, Battle) needs to step up so the can at least give the other guys a second thought.

And Barlow hasn't done what I have expected of him. He had a mediocre game 1, but that could be expected without Beasley. Then had a good game 2. I expect Barlow to get at least around 90-100 yards a game. Sunday was just pathetic. 16 rushes/22 yards or something...Not good.

And a question....Who do you play a QB? Rattay or Dorsey.

I say Dorsey. Rattay may be the better QB at this point, but he won't be getting any better. I believe that since we are rebuilding, we should put in the QB of the future. I believe Dorsey will eventually be a very solid, although not STAR, QB.

If the 49ers had a respactable O-line, I think Dorsey's numbers would have been MUCH better.

VF21 said:
This is not going to be a playoff year for the 49ers, which shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who's followed the team for any length of time.

Look at it this way: When's the last time the 49ers were in the running for a #1 draft pick?

;)
umm never!!!!

SLAB said:
And a question....Who do you play a QB? Rattay or Dorsey.

I say Dorsey. Rattay may be the better QB at this point, but he won't be getting any better. I believe that since we are rebuilding, we should put in the QB of the future. I believe Dorsey will eventually be a very solid, although not STAR, QB.

If the 49ers had a respactable O-line, I think Dorsey's numbers would have been MUCH better.
I agree. This season is already done by week 3 ,and you might as well take your chances with Dorsey and see what he can produce for an entire season at the helm. With a healthy O-line, I think he could be productive enough to get some wins down the line ,but he is never going to be on the level of past SF QB's - not even during the Garcia's pro bowl years.

With Erickson proclaiming he wants to go down the field more than dinking and dunking, you'd think SF would want to get a real QB with an arm.. It's been awhile since the franchise has had one.

VF21 said:
I miss Eddie, too! Maybe we could start a "Bring back DeBartolo" campaign! In the meantime, make one of those "dork" signs for me!!

I'm with ya!!
lol ok. Will do.. Everybody meet me at 4949 Centennial Blvd Santa Clara, Ca:p

living legend said:
I agree. This season is already done by week 3 ,and you might as well take your chances with Dorsey and see what he can produce for an entire season at the helm. With a healthy O-line, I think he could be productive enough to get some wins down the line ,but he is never going to be on the level of past SF QB's - not even during the Garcia's pro bowl years.

With Erickson proclaiming he wants to go down the field more than dinking and dunking, you'd think SF would want to get a real QB with an arm.. It's been awhile since the franchise has had one.
I dunno, if the Niners had a respectable O line, I tend to think Garcia would probably still be in SF.