49ers Falcons

Well, we are getting stomped--surprise, surprise. Rattay went out with an injury and Dorsey came in and immediately the offense came to life and had a nice drive. He looked good in the pocket and handled the blitz better than Rattay had been.

Not sure yet how serious Rattay's injury is, but we may be seeing more of Dorsey sooner than we expected. I'm halfway excited about that as the consensus is that Dorsey is the future QB anyways.

Rumph also went out with a hamstring injury I think...

D has looked "OK", especially early, but Vick and the Falcons are wearing them down.

14-3 at the half.

Should also mention that Barlow has been less than impressive. Of course, our O-Line has been nothing to write home about, and as soon as Dorsey came in and completed a couple deep passes, Barlow was able to open one up for a big gain.

Get ready for a lot of close losses this year folks. Nice comeback by the Niners, and gutty play by the defense who really shut down the Falcons completely in the second half had it not been for the interception which was returned all the way to the Niners red zone. The 49ers actually might have pulled this game out had it not been for that costly mistake.

Dorsey went out again with a stinger, so Rattay was piloting the team. He looked much better than in the first half and the running game was able to get going a bit.

I think the D will hold its own this year, but the offense looks a bit too much on the young side which is going to result in too many dumb mistakes. Hence close losses... at least it looks like we're a competitive team. That or Atlanta is really overrated. :)

I did enjoy seeing Peterson run down Vick a few times today. Didn't like him holding out, but he sure can play.

I hate Dennis Erickson. Hopefully in the next few years as this team matures, Erickson will be done. Just had to say that about him.

Defense looked pretty good, I agree, but the offensive line....wtf was going on there today?

The Falcons should be ashamed they only won by 2. The Falcons should of had 50!I thought the Niners were awful! They stunk.

but hey Dorsey did look good. He looked like a QB. Rattay looked like someone other then a QB.....

:sighs:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ken Dorsey, huh?

Gee, didn't someone here keep saying they thought Dorsey was going to be the future of the 49ers? Wasn't someone ecstatic when the Miami (HUR-RI-CANES) grad was picked by the 49ers?

I wonder who that could have been.

J

joethecrow

He got tagged on a late hit out of bounds...or was that Rattay? I don't know, all those Niner QB's after Garcia look alike.

Vikings won! Eff the Cowboys.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Dorsey suffered a "shoulder stinger" on a hit by Brookings. He went out in the third quarter and Rattay came back in...

I also missed it. I'd gone outside for a moment. I came back in and Rattay was back on the field.

VF21 said:
Ken Dorsey, huh?

Gee, didn't someone here keep saying they thought Dorsey was going to be the future of the 49ers? Wasn't someone ecstatic when the Miami (HUR-RI-CANES) grad was picked by the 49ers?

I wonder who that could have been.

Ummm who would that be. I dont know who or what your talking about. Even if you were right ..........everybody gets lucky one in a while. Do you have some type of proof of this?;)

Ok the kid has football instincts but we will see just how good this kid can be. Hes a Hurricane so there must be something wrong with him metally or physically:p ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
JayBird - According to today's Bee, Dorsey could be starting this weekend...

slugking50 -

HUR-RI-CANES!!!

VF21 said:
JayBird - According to today's Bee, Dorsey could be starting this weekend...

slugking50 -

HUR-RI-CANES!!!
Dorey will start because Ratay has a seperated shoulder.

Who are you talking about VF? Florida St? Florida? Central Florida?:p