2021 NFL Draft Open Thread

SLAB

Hall of Famer
That dude broke his wrist as a QB and said “I don’t want to wait for it to heal, I’ll be a linebacker now.”

And just got drafted in the third round.

On Lance From Priscoe CBS
"
Grade: C-

I just don't see trading up with two first-round picks as the price to get a guy who is raw and needs time. Lance has skills, but he will need time.
"

This is a good assessment for Lance - raw looking. looks decent, but not #3. A #3 pick should be ready almost immediately. As far as Fields dropped, this shows the move-up was an overpayment in hindsight unless Lance becomes a star - alot of pressure.

Co-worker called him Kapernick 2.0 - I hope better than that. Mildly optimistic, but disappointed also. I'll be watching Fields who the 49ers could've had for much less, epilepsy and all.

Carmichael dave Grade on Bears Draft rd 1 A++++++++
Ryan Pace moves up in first rd and gets a potential franchise QB in Justin Fields
In second round he moves up from 52 spot to 39 to get Teven Jenkins 1st rd talent Offensive Tackle
that was previously mocked as the bears 20th pick

Pace may have saved his job after his biggest blunder of his career (Mitch)

Can the Kings hire him for a consult When Monte gets to draft day to help him move up
in the draft (with players/2nd rdrs) to move up a few slots in the 1st rd and pick up a franchise player for the Kings?

Da Bears!!!

The thing about Pace is he has also found some good players in the later rounds. We still need a CB, WR and OL so I expect those to make up some of our remaining 4 picks.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
On Lance From Priscoe CBS
"
Grade: C-

I just don't see trading up with two first-round picks as the price to get a guy who is raw and needs time. Lance has skills, but he will need time.
"

This is a good assessment for Lance - raw looking. looks decent, but not #3. A #3 pick should be ready almost immediately. As far as Fields dropped, this shows the move-up was an overpayment in hindsight unless Lance becomes a star - alot of pressure.

Co-worker called him Kapernick 2.0 - I hope better than that. Mildly optimistic, but disappointed also. I'll be watching Fields who the 49ers could've had for much less, epilepsy and all.
We’ll see. I’ve landed on “cautiously optimistic”, I said from the start Lance is the scariest of the prospects. But so many people talk about sky high potential. Decent? Give the guy a bit more credit. I also think Kap is kind of a lazy comparison. This kid is apparently well beyond his years in actually being a QB, and incredibly smart at the position ... not anything Kap ever got too much credit for.

And with Jimmy around its the perfect scenario for him. He gets to sit and get a “Mahomes” year (or some games until Jimmy gets hurt). The entire weight of the franchise isn’t on his shoulders from day one. It’ll get there, but I’m happy it’s not on day one.

Finally, he still isn’t McCorkle. That would be the disaster trade-up for #3. Thats the guy you don’t go all-in for.