2021 Free Agency Mega Thread

Do the Kings make a surprise Free Agency splash?

• Total voters
you are continually dishonest in your analysis to try to paint Monte as some inept hack. You ignore Barnes, Harkless and Woodard. They are all wings. He drafted one of them (Woodard), traded for and resigned another (Harkless) and refused to trade the other (Barnes) at the deadline because he values the position (despite you begging for him to trade barnes). He has also publicly acknowledged that the roster is unbalanced, and most rumors have us shipping out buddy for a wing. Most also expect him to sign another wing. Just because he didn’t draft Moody doesn’t mean he doesn’t value the position.

I would start calling out all of your BS stuff that you just make up, facts be dammed, but that would be a full time job.
Also I didn’t say he didn’t value the position. But to get a good wing you have to either:
A) tank to get a low pick
B) take a smart flyer on one (Moody/Bey)
C) sign one for big dollars in free agency

so far none of that has occurred.

Barnes - yes
Harkless. - old and couldn’t get off the bench in Miami
Woodard- has yes to prove he can shoot in the G League.

thanks for making my point for me! Currently we are relying on Harkless and Woodard as our wing depth. Couldn’t have illustrated my point more succinctly
Why not wait until the off-season is over before you say we haven’t prioritized something? Long way to go. Let’s see how we trade buddy and use our MLE.

And your point was still dishonest. Quality aside, in a year Monte has drafted, traded for, refused to trade, and resigned wing depth. He has also stated that he knows he needs more. If your point had been that we don’t have enough wing depth, or that are wing depth is not talented enough, then you would be right and you’d have made a good point. But Your point was that we had no one on our roster above 6’5” except centers. That is untrue, and consistent with your other posts of just making stuff up to prove your point.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Lauri is pretty much the anti-thesis of every single trait McNair seems to be looking for in his players though.
Agreed. Also, isn't he kindof just Bagley without the upside? I'm not the biggest believer in Bagley's future but I feel like he's already giving us the same production we'd get from Markkenen -- mostly just scoring and some floor spacing and size on paper that doesn't have a huge impact in games. I don't see the point of sending more assets out to get the same production back in the form of an older veteran.

In terms of likely growth that is still old.... he isn’t a 22 year old who might improve. When you are reaching for Harkless to prove you have wing depth you have reached rock bottom.
Only signing players who have upside is how you stay out of the playoffs. There is a reason that vets are important to a team's success. It's the same reason that the King's defense suddenly looked better after they traded for several vets. They didn't have to learn the defense, they already knew it.

Only signing players who have upside is how you stay out of the playoffs. There is a reason that vets are important to a team's success. It's the same reason that the King's defense suddenly looked better after they traded for several vets. They didn't have to learn the defense, they already knew it.
Sure and signing older guys who can’t get off the bench for other teams as key rotation players is the other way to stay out of the playoffs.

something the Kings have expertise in.