2021 Free Agency Mega Thread

Do the Kings make a surprise Free Agency splash?

• Total voters

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I ask this sincerely, does Dave actually know anything (as an insider)? He does a lot of cryptic posts it seems but nothing ever really comes of them as far as I can tell.
He said the other day on his show he pretty much had an open line of conversation with the last two front offices. He could get anything.

He then said he gets absolutely nothing from Monte. So idk where he’s hearing this?

I ask this sincerely, does Dave actually know anything (as an insider)? He does a lot of cryptic posts it seems but nothing ever really comes of them as far as I can tell.
Sounds like it’s PR from the FO. McNair’s crew tends to be tight lipped, but are now sending word through CD that they’re kicking down doors.

AKA analysis paralysis.
Is that what you call it when someone goes skydiving and they stand at the door of the plane screaming, "I'm gonna jump!" "I'm gonna jump!" "I'm gonna jump!" and then the plane lands with them aboard? haha. Monte has played it safe, and honestly sometimes quite wisely so and we'll see what happens, but so far, nothing about Monte McNair's tenure has equaled anything close to aggression.

AKA analysis paralysis.
i thought analysis paralysis is not doing anything because you're thinking about it too much. Aggression without production sounds like you are trying to do a lot, but nothing is working out the way you want. Doesnt really sound like AKA. Just 2 different ways to end up with nothing. If anything, i'm glad that monte is being aggressive as opposed to doing nothing.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
He followed up in tweets that he's just seeing him work but nothing is imminent. If he is holding info he ain't budging. But he sure has dropped some optimistic tweets the last 2-3 days.

i thought analysis paralysis is not doing anything because you're thinking about it too much. Aggression without production sounds like you are trying to do a lot, but nothing is working out the way you want. Doesnt really sound like AKA. Just 2 different ways to end up with nothing. If anything, i'm glad that monte is being aggressive as opposed to doing nothing.
The thing is likely Monte isn't in a position to end up doing nothing. The Buddy/Bagley issues are real. And them stacking the backcourt with combo G's via the lottery is real. They've said all the right things about knowing how to make it work with the situation being wonky on paper, but so did D'Alessandro.

Is that what you call it when someone goes skydiving and they stand at the door of the plane screaming, "I'm gonna jump!" "I'm gonna jump!" "I'm gonna jump!" and then the plane lands with them aboard? haha. Monte has played it safe, and honestly sometimes quite wisely so and we'll see what happens, but so far, nothing about Monte McNair's tenure has equaled anything close to aggression.
lolzzz. Like you can be as aggressive as you want, but if you don’t pull the trigger, it’s just wasted energy.

The team may be kicking down doors, but you gotta move on what’s available at some point. Kicking down more doors = info gathering, more processing, more analyzing.

Shocking take from you. Lol... Would you rather he not be aggressive? Just sit around hoping someone calls him? Your rush to criticize him for everything is so predictable.
It's called common sense. Who said it was critical??? I even said I think some of his lack of aggression is wise. But don't say your aggressive with the way his tenure has been in terms of those results, it's simply a mischaracterization. I don't know, I guess I'm figuring it's time to be more RESULTS. And aggressive was Vlade, not this dude as of yet. Maybe that will change. We'll see.