2021 Free Agency Mega Thread

Do the Kings make a surprise Free Agency splash?

• Total voters
Help me out here in regard to Holmes. My understanding is we can current only offer him far less then he wants due to the cap.
If so, are we not likely to hear any news on his resigning until after we trade players to free up cash. I get the idea Monte’s hands are tied a bit here and no other team is offering much of anything worthwhile for Buddy or Bagley to free up that cash.

Help me out here in regard to Holmes. My understanding is we can current only offer him far less then he wants due to the cap.
If so, are we not likely to hear any news on his resigning until after we trade players to free up cash. I get the idea Monte’s hands are tied a bit here and no other team is offering much of anything worthwhile for Buddy or Bagley to free up that cash.
he really isn't worth more than what they can pay him with early bird rights, so either the Kings are waiting to use up all their cap space and then sign Holmes, or Holmes is trying to get more money and will resign with the Kings if he cant.

The Kings can offer more than MLE though. So unless he has a team with cap space then he can get the most money out of Sac. It's not a lot more by any stretch, but more. Then it comes down to years. If the Kings are only offering 2 years he might want a full 4 year MLE deal.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I don't any team has enough money left to offer him what he wants.

There is a limit if not already gone number of teams that have the cap space to offer him more than the Kings

Right now, I don't think there is a team with the cap space to offer him the money he wanted.