[2020] Gone But Not Forgotten

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
https://apnews.com/aaaecdb9fbedf226...n=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Charlie Daniels, who went from being an in-demand session musician to a staple of Southern rock with his hit “Devil Went Down to Georgia,” has died at 83.
A statement from his publicist said the Country Music Hall of Famer died Monday at a hospital in Hermitage, Tennessee, after doctors said he had a stroke.
He had suffered what was described as a mild stroke in January 2010 and had a heart pacemaker implanted in 2013 but continued to perform.

Last edited by a moderator:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Olivia de Havilland, an actress who gained movie immortality in “Gone With the Wind,” then built an illustrious film career, punctuated by a successful fight to loosen the studios’ grip on contract actors, died on Sunday at her home in Paris. She was 104 and one of the last surviving stars of Hollywood’s fabled Golden Age.
Her death was confirmed by her publicist Lisa Goldberg.
Ms. de Havilland was both a classic Hollywood beauty and an honored screen actress whose very name and bearing suggested membership in a kind of aristocracy of moviedom. Though she was typecast early in her career as the demure ingénue, she went on to earn meatier roles that led to five Academy Award nominations, two of which brought her the Oscar, for “To Each His Own” (1946) and “The Heiress” (1949).
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/26/movies/olivia-de-havilland-dead.html

Sad to hear of that, I know my mom at least knew him when he was Sheriff. I thought he was a pretty cool dude then, surely I met him at the restaurant on an occasion or two.

Lost two of my favorite guitarists this week.
Ron "Rontrose" Heathman, most notably of the Supersuckers
and
Walter Lure, the last surviving Heartbreaker (if you don't count Richard Hell). Survived Johnny and Jerry, liver cancer did the deed.

Frankie Banali, drummer of Quiet Riot also succumbed to his battle with cancer earlier this week.

2020 can go to hell already.