2019 Free Agency tracking thread

That’s roughly 107 million annually for three dudes. Then there’s Draymond next year, and then what the heck do they do about depth?

It’s going to be a bizarre team.

Before we get too far, they need to unload Iggy to make this work.

Which they just did

I’d understand the next couple of years but the Warriors might be crap in 5 years. Memphis got a deal there

Basically their entire salary cap for next season is tied up with 3 guards so they are pretty much paying the tax. They have a new building so obviously they don't care about having to pay but this seems to be overkill. I would assume they are banking on Klay not playing next year at all but without Durant and a 31 year old Curry this team doesnt scare me as much.

GSW traded Iggy to get DLo? Iggy defended Lebron and anyone else. I know Iggy is older but this is a big defensive drop off!
Yeah, but a team that was staring at 1 year of irrelevance just picked up an all star player. The Kings push towards 8 just got tougher if this works out for them.

Dudes on NBATV speculating that Willie would be a great fit on the Warriors

They'd be wrong for one of the main reasons he wasn't great here, his screening sucks. For the Warriors offense to run you need a gooey big that sucks players in on screens. Willie would be perfect for a team like the Rockets.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Dudes on NBATV speculating that Willie would be a great fit on the Warriors
I'm sure Willie is going to relish signing for the Taxpayer MLE, which is less than his QO.

So, if WCS will look great on the Warriors, who are they going to S&T to us? Livingston? I don't see it.

I think our push to the 8 is just about dead in the water.
We were already 9 games out of the 8th spot and teams behind us got better while nobody ahead of us looks to be falling off a cliff. There are a couple of candidates that could implode, but still our young guys will need to make huge developmental leaps to have a chance. Free agency has been about putting veterans around our young guys that will give them the chance to thrive.

GO GET LOONEY OR BELL.

Seriously, Warriors can't match any sort of serious offer anymore. Excellent buy-low spot for 2 damn good players.
I was totally down with the Kings targeting an upside center on the cheap in Vonleh or Bell, but they just committed major $$$ to a win now big. A move like the one you mention now would just complicate things.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I’m a little worried about the long term right now. Houston, OKC and SAS are all a year away from the bottom dropping out, which is a positive for us. But, we could have a better team and a worse record this year.
Unless Fox, Bagley, and Giles become a legit big three we’re toast,

They’ll improve... but not enough this season.

We were already 9 games out of the 8th spot and teams behind us got better while nobody ahead of us looks to be falling off a cliff. There are a couple of candidates that could implode, but still our young guys will need to make huge developmental leaps to have a chance. Free agency has been about putting veterans around our young guys that will give them the chance to thrive.

The Kings have the youth, I believe that, but now they need to put the breaks on this and see what the next step should be. Keep that money handy. Waive Yogi and Frank, cut loose Willie and wait. Hopefully they don't need a big fish move to start winning but if they do they need to be ready for it.

Unless Fox, Bagley, and Giles become a legit big three we’re toast,

They’ll improve... but not enough this season.
Don't underrate play style though. This team never committed to it's strengths under Joerger. Lets finally see where the 3 ball takes this team. We are in a strange era where team makeup and chemistry do matter more than just pure talent. While it might not win you any rings on it's own teams that can drain the 3 are usually pretty good in the modern NBA.

Get that attitude outa here. No offense to you seriously but lets play to win!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’m so pissed. I get to go to the Golden Classic tomorrow with my Warriors fan cousin, so I’ll get a 3 hour rave session about how great D’Angelo Russell is.

FML

On the bright side, I can go back to despising him and his punchable face.

If your over the cap, the rule should be you need to be under to sign someone, and can only offer up to the cap. Its TOTAL BS to be able to do a sign and trade if your over cap...hell, kings with the bottom salary in league with most players on rookie deals sign ariza dedmon and barns and we are about tapped out

SLAB

Hall of Famer
It'd be great if you guys could help me keep this up to date. Links to tweets (not rumors) about free agents would be appreciated. Discussion of the deals should be put in the NBA Misc. thread. THANKS!
Guys... we did a horrible job following this request. Sorry VF!

Well that’s what this franchise is banking on. There’s no point in any of this if we don’t expect Fox, Bagley, Buddy, and others to continue making the leap. Last year they didn’t make small leaps, especially Fox and Buddy and it accounted for +12 in wins and it could have easily been more if maybe the Kings had a guy like Dedmond here, or Ariza there or Barnes for the entire season. Ultimately though, we’re depending on Fox, Buddy, and Bagley continued rise by design. We also can’t predict how significant, how small or how level that improvement will be...but you have to ask yourself if you believe in these foundation pieces going forward with a posts like that.