2019 Free Agency tracking thread

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Philly just feels like they are throwing darts now. Not sure how this helps Simmons but maybe it does. All that tanking and promise and it feels like mismatched parts. Considering all the hand wringing I feel like I like our squad entering 2019 over the next 5 years more than I like theirs.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Jimmy going to Miami tells me that he isn't interested very much in winning and more so about the lifestyle Miami can provide for him

Philly just feels like they are throwing darts now. Not sure how this helps Simmons but maybe it does. All that tanking and promise and it feels like mismatched parts. Considering all the hand wringing I feel like I like our squad entering 2019 over the next 5 years more than I like theirs.
Philly fired Henki then squandered the golden hand he dealt them.

Jimmy must want in on that Miami night life. From a basketball perspective this is dumb move IMO. They were 39-43 last year and their best player retired. No young guys on the verge of stardom. They do have like 40 some million coming off the books next year but not a great 2020 free agent class.
Yea he's gotta be in it for the Miami life. Heat lost Josh Richardson (to 76ers) and Goran Dragic (Mavs - dammit) in the deal too so they aren't looking any better.

Philly losing Reddick is huge in my opinion, he was a dead eye sharpshooter and who are they going to replace his shooting with now? Horford next to Embiid will be interesting to watch.
They HAD Landry Shamet who has turned into a knockdown shooter and was a draft steal, but they dealt him in the Tobias deal. Now they've got no one.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Leonard intimated he's going to be making a decision in next few days, stringing the Lakers and Clipps along. While they wait, the FAs go by the wayside. I hope after Leonard takes his time to make a decision he goes back with Toronto, leaving the Clipps and Lakers twisting in the wind.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Philly losing Reddick is huge in my opinion, he was a dead eye sharpshooter and who are they going to replace his shooting with now? Horford next to Embiid will be interesting to watch.
It's hard for me to see enough outside shooting there for them to do much.