2017 Team Discussion and Possible Trades

Play on both ends? McDaniels is a poor 3pt shooter, and offers nothing on that end. He's also not a rebounder...nor ball mover. I was a really big fan of KJ at Clemson and with Philly, but a big reason why he's not getting minutes is because he's not good. 2nd year player Sam Dekker is getting his minutes. McDaniels is an extremely low bball IQ player. I just don't see how he fits into our team.

He'd be a much younger version of Matt Barnes who can't pass, shoot, or rebound. I don't think that's worth trading for. And as it does stand, we have too much wingdepth as it already is: Gay, Barnes, Temple, Casspi, Afflalo, McLemore, and Richardson.
Well maybe I'm just desperate in my wish for competitive wing players and that leads to me overvaluing players from other teams.
McDaniels is shooting 32% from 3 this year. It might be a fluke, or it might be a sign that he can improve his shot enough to force the opposition to guard him at the 3 point line. I'm choosing to believe the latter, without any logical arguments. ;)
Same with his rebounding. McDaniels is a very good athlete. There seems to be no reason, why he shouldn't be a competent rebounder at his position.
Sometimes players just don't get the opportunities to show, what they are capable off on their current teams. Harkless or Crowder were rotting on their teams benches in 2014-15. Now they are starters for potential playoffs teams.
Houston always looked like a team to me, which doesn't make the most out of their younger players. Therefore I believe, that McDaniels might be capable of more.
But like I already said, I doubt a trade is possible, because Morey would want value and we shouldn't give him much just for a look at a younger player, who maybe has some untapped potential.
McDaniels might be worth an expiring contract not more.

K

KingMilz

I wonder if the Pelicans would be willing to trade us Moore I really like his game and is a very solid two way player. Next season Moore/Temple would be a very good defensive backcourt assuming we can actually land a starting PG and Boganovic can produce for day one.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I wonder if the Pelicans would be willing to trade us Moore I really like his game and is a very solid two way player. Next season Moore/Temple would be a very good defensive backcourt assuming we can actually land a starting PG and Boganovic can produce for day one.
if Moore and Temple are your backcourt, you are in some serious trouble. These guys are not starters, they might start for lottery teams sure, but for teams with intentions of winning and being above average? highly unlikely IMO.

K

KingMilz

if Moore and Temple are your backcourt, you are in some serious trouble. These guys are not starters, they might start for lottery teams sure, but for teams with intentions of winning and being above average? highly unlikely IMO.
Sorry I forgot to put in back up defensive backcourt which is why I said after if we can land a starting PG and Bogdanovic can produce from day one my fault for not being 100% clear.