0-3, Where Do We Go From Here?

Coming off a 0-3 start in the beginning of the NBA season after a brutal preseaosn schedule, can we really now look forward to the rest of November? Let's take a look at what the Kings have coming up:

Tue 9th - Raptors This is basically a must win. Sure, the seaosn just started, but we need to get a good start at Arco. Raptops have also had a strong start, but we could be able to beat them.

Wed 10th - @ Sonics The Sonics are nothing special. They are an average team which we should be able to beat. Only thing that can come into effect is fatigue from the Raptor game

Sat 13th - @ Suns This will be a very difficult game even though the Kings get a 3 day rest. Suns look like a really good team now, and it'll be hard to beat them at their home. Should we good game, but will be very hard to get a win here.

Sun 14th - Nuggets Nuggets have tons of talent, but they seem too relaxed and they don't seem to care. I think the Kings will do fine if they beat the Suns witout a problem which will be very hard to do, so fatigue here can set in and cause us problems.

Tue 16th - Bulls We'll win this one for sure. Coming off a 3 day break against a not so good Bulls team, we got this for sure.

Fri 19th - Grizzles I really don't see the Grizzles giving us any problems. They got some decent players, but we got more talent and should win here.

Sun 21th - Bucks Again, I don't see the Bucks giving us any threat. A win here should come easy.

Tue 23th - Rockets This is the most important game for the rest of the month. We just lost to them today in a close game that we should of won, a win here would really help the Kings out. If the Kings do manage to lose this, the next few games will be difficult to win.

Fri 26th - @ Lakers You can bet for sure Kobe will want to torch us up, but with a weak supporting cast, the Kings should win this. It'll be a very good game, and when it comes down to it, we're still the Kings, and the Lakers are just Kobe.

Sun 28th - T-Wolves Can anybody say, "revenge?" It'll feel good to see the Kings win this one, but the T-Wolves can and will put up a good fight. I ca see the Kings winning this one, but it'll be difficult, even if the Kings are playing at home.

Tue 30th - @ Grizzles We finish off the month at Memphis, which will be a difficult game. I can see Bonzi Welss having a big game here and giving the Grizzles the win, but then again, I can see the Kings having a big game and getting the win.

The rest of November looks fairly good for us, and if we were to go 10-1 with the rest of the remaining games (the only loss being to the Suns) we'll be 10-4. Now, obviously, I'm being very optimistic, but I do see this happening.

We just go to remember that the Kings had a tough preseason, and we got to start in the Texas Triangle. I still see great things for the Kings in the future, and we should use these 3 losses at a way to improve out games against upcoming teams.

Dallas Mavericks - How we play against high scoring teams.

San Antoino Spurs - How we play against teams with solid defense.

Houston Rockets - How we play against talented teams.

All that's left to say is...

GO KINGS!!!

Last edited:
a 6-5 or 7-4 record from here till the end of Nov. would be conservative. W/c will bring us to 6-8 or 7-7. Unpretty but still acceptable as far as i'm concerned.

not sure about talented but after watching tonight game, yao definitely improved quite a bit. i'm not sure if he'll be as good as shaq but he got excellent FTs. add tmac to that, it seems like they are going to get better this year.

just my $.02,

miles berg said:
Houston is talented? Compared to Dallas and San Antonio?

xrzn said:
Coming off a 0-3 start in the beginning of the NBA season after a brutal preseaosn schedule, can we really now look forward to the rest of November? Let's take a look at what the Kings have coming up:

Tue 9th - Raptors This is basically a must win. Sure, the seaosn just started, but we need to get a good start at Arco. Raptops have also had a strong start, but we could be able to beat them.

Wed 10th - @ Sonics The Sonics are nothing special. They are an average team which we should be able to beat. Only thing that can come into effect is fatigue from the Raptor game

Sat 13th - @ Suns This will be a very difficult game even though the Kings get a 3 day rest. Suns look like a really good team now, and it'll be hard to beat them at their home. Should we good game, but will be very hard to get a win here.

Sun 14th - Nuggets Nuggets have tons of talent, but they seem too relaxed and they don't seem to care. I think the Kings will do fine if they beat the Suns witout a problem which will be very hard to do, so fatigue here can set in and cause us problems.

Tue 16th - Bulls We'll win this one for sure. Coming off a 3 day break against a not so good Bulls team, we got this for sure.

Fri 19th - Grizzles I really don't see the Grizzles giving us any problems. They got some decent players, but we got more talent and should win here.

Sun 21th - Bucks Again, I don't see the Bucks giving us any threat. A win here should come easy.

Tue 23th - Rockets This is the most important game for the rest of the month. We just lost to them today in a close game that we should of won, a win here would really help the Kings out. If the Kings do manage to lose this, the next few games will be difficult to win.

Fri 26th - @ Lakers You can bet for sure Kobe will want to torch us up, but with a weak supporting cast, the Kings should win this. It'll be a very good game, and when it comes down to it, we're still the Kings, and the Lakers are just Kobe.

Sun 28th - T-Wolves Can anybody say, "revenge?" It'll feel good to see the Kings win this one, but the T-Wolves can and will put up a good fight. I ca see the Kings winning this one, but it'll be difficult, even if the Kings are playing at home.

Tue 30th - @ Grizzles We finish off the month at Memphis, which will be a difficult game. I can see Bonzi Welss having a big game here and giving the Grizzles the win, but then again, I can see the Kings having a big game and getting the win.

The rest of November looks fairly good for us, and if we were to go 10-1 with the rest of the remaining games (the only loss being to the Suns) we'll be 10-4. Now, obviously, I'm being very optimistic, but I do see this happening.

We just go to remember that the Kings had a tough preseason, and we got to start in the Texas Triangle. I still see great things for the Kings in the future, and we should use these 3 losses at a way to improve out games against upcoming teams.

Dallas Mavericks - How we play against high scoring teams.

San Antoino Spurs - How we play against teams with solid defense.

Houston Rockets - How we play against talented teams.

GO KINGS!!!
IMO Kings will beat Toronto Vinsanity needs to prove something to me,anything.
Kings will beat Seattle Ray Allen flaps his gums WAY to much.
Suns will win they are very talented and young.
Nuggets will beat the Kings,If Melo and company can beat Minnesota they can beat the Kings and more easily.
Kings will crush the Bulls I feel a blowout coming of monumental proportions.
after getting beat by the Nugz the team will have something to prove and the Bulls will be the unfortunate recipients of some peesed off Kings.
Kings should beat Grizzlies but I think its going to be closer than some might think.Hello PAU FREAKIN GASOL he is going to be a nightmare for other teams
Kings beat Bucs with relative ease.
Rockets are only going to get better think their will be a larger margin of victory than the previous game.
Lakers dont have anything even remotely resembling a weak supporting cast please lets be rational Odom,Brown,Butler,Grant,Jones,MIHM,and eventually Vlade.Lakers will blow out the Kings and Mihm will outplay Miller.
TWolves will hand you a second straight blowout no one nor any combination you throw is going to stop KG ,Millers going to get torched and will most likely foul out before the fourth quarter.Then Ostertag is going to get humiliated if he plays.
Grizzlies will be tough but I give the edge to Kings.But only a little edge Pau Gasol going to have a career game its going to be close.
6 wins 5 losses doesnt seem like a stretch to me nor to bad actually.9 wins 2 losses on the other hand seems ridiculous IMO, what do you see in these 3 straight losses that no one else does?
Kings will get better and its going to be a hard fought battle for the Pacific crown,Kings are by no means a lock for it.

xrzn said:

GO KINGS!!!
Luckily for us Laker fans Vlade, Slava, and George have a shot at being ready by then.

A lot of people are asking me this question . . .

"What is happening with your Kings? They're 0 and 3."

All I tell them is . . .

"So! It's just 3 games. It's still early to tell if they are going to play this way the whole season. It's April, May and June that counts!"

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So, let me get this straight:

jahhluv is, I'm assuming, a TWolves fan and Freakout is a Laker fan?

Welcome! As long as you're here to talk hoops, you'll do just fine!!

:D

Kingballer said:
A lot of people are asking me this question . . .

"What is happening with your Kings? They're 0 and 3."

All I tell them is . . .

"So! It's just 3 games. It's still early to tell if they are going to play this way the whole season. It's April, May and June that counts!"
Yea, I've been getting the "What's up with your team?" comments like crazy also. I just say "We'll be there when it matters" and stop there.

It's only early November. Remember when the Spurs started 9-8, and then won the championship? It's a LONG season, and anything can happen.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Remember, our Laker fan members ALWAYS say the same thing: "It doesn't matter until the playoffs." I'm really beginning to understand their point of view a bit better now...

;)

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
Remember, our Laker fan members ALWAYS say the same thing: "It doesn't matter until the playoffs." I'm really beginning to understand their point of view a bit better now...

;)
Humor aside there really is something to be said for some observations on capible teams dogging it during the regualr season only to step it up in the end. Sure The Bulls had a 70 win season, but that is NOT the norm, it is the exception and an exceptional team at that. Looking back over the years, it would seem that MOST of the champion teams, and their finals oponets as wel,l were not confrence leaders at the end of the season, or even division leaders for that matter. Yes they had good solid winning records, but other teams typicaly had better records that did not advance in the finals.

Just guessing here, but perhaps one explaination might be the adjsutments these teams made early in the season. Their problems were obvious and cost them games. Their solutions are not quick fixes and the very process of correcting cost them games. For example if the Kings honestly are re-focusing on defense; the process of stressing D in practice, and focusing energy on defense, may very well at least temporarily be draining the offense and would account for some rusty shooting. But the end result of these adjsustments should be aparent well before the end of the season.

So I guess my point is this: as long as the teams defense is improving, I don't worry about the offense comming back, and to that extent a few losses along the way are more than a fair price to pay. Now if the team does not imporve it's shooting and/or it's defense slips between now and say Jan; I will a disapointed fan... but a Kings fan none the less.

Last edited:
A

AriesMar27

if we beat the nuggets and suns... we'll be okay. i'm not too worried about the others.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
HndsmCelt said:
Humor aside there really is something to be said for some observations on capible teams dogging it during the regualr season only to step it up in the end. Sure The Bulls had a 70 win season, but that is NOT the norm, it is the exception and an exceptional team at that. Looking back over the years, it would seem that MOST of the champion teams, and their finals oponets as wel,l were not confrence leaders at the end of the season, or even division leaders for that matter. Yes they had good solid winning records, but other teams typicaly had better records that did not advance in the finals.
Actually I don't think that's true from a statistical standpoint Hndsm. I had an old post froma couple of years ago where I took a look at where the eventual champions finished every year (posted it right at the heart of the Lakers "we'll just turn it on" arrogance), and the overwhelming number (something like 85%) finished with one of the Top 3 records in the league. The teams who get lazy and believe they can just turn it on generally either aren't good enough to start, or aren't competitive/focused enough to make it happen.

1979-80 Lakers (#2)
1980-81 Celtics (#1)
1981-82 Lakers (#3)
1982-83 76ers (#1)
1983-84 Celtics (#1)
1984-85 Lakers (#2)
1985-86 Celtics (#1)
1986-87 Lakers (#1)
1987-88 Lakers (#1)
1988-89 Pistons (#1)
1989-90 Pistons (#2t)
1990-91 Bulls (#2)
1991-92 Bulls (#1)
1992-93 Bulls (#3)
1993-94 Rockets (#2)
1994-95 Rockets (#10t)
1995-96 Bulls (#1)
1996-97 Bulls (#1)
1997-98 Bulls (#1t)
1998-99 Spurs (#1t)
1999-00 Lakers (#1)
2000-01 Lakers (#2t)
2001-02 Lakers (#2t)
2002-03 Spurs (#1t)
2003-04 Pistons (#6)

in other words, Time to Get Your *** in Gear Guys!!! ;) ;)

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Although I tned to trust you on thies things, and I suspect the over all trend you report is correct, (I will indeed stand corrected) Are you shre about all of those numbers? It seems to me that the Lakers of 1999-2002 did not finis the regualr seson that high, but then again memeory is a funny thing...

Bricklayer

HndsmCelt said:
Although I tned to trust you on thies things, and I suspect the over all trend you report is correct, (I will indeed stand corrected) Are you shre about all of those numbers? It seems to me that the Lakers of 1999-2002 did not finis the regualr seson that high, but then again memeory is a funny thing...
Just grabbed the numbers from basketballreference.com (a site I hadn't discovered when I made the former post -- makes it much easier ;) ).

Lakers in '00 were 67-15.
Blazers were #2 (59-23)

Lakers in '01 were 56-26
Spurs were #1 (58-24)
76ers were tied for #2 (56-36)
Kings were #4 (55-27)

Lakers in '02 were (58-24)
Kings were #1 (61-21)
Spurs were tied for #2 (58-24)
Mavs were #4 (57-25)

Actually im a Laker fan I didnt see as I said anything out of line or beyond reason did I?
Also Im a Kings fan I live here in kansas city saw a game as a kid always liked them.Another thing I absolutley despise the TWolves.I think KG is a bad teamate ask all the guys he has punched in the noggin.He is also treating a very good teamate Wally Z.Horribly.Hope the Kings spank the Twolves butts but I dont see it happening,I also think Lakers will get pounded by TWolves and the Lakers did a better job against San Antonio then I would have ever dreamed thought Spurs were going to spank Lakers also so im not a homer.

AriesMar27 said:
if we beat the nuggets and suns... we'll be okay. i'm not too worried about the others.
You better be worried about TWolves and a few others because you arent necessarily the best team in the Pacific.

Bricklayer

HndsmCelt said:
BTW Hndsm, I do think there's a proviso to the number of wins a champion is likely to have. Actually two this year:

1) I do think its accurate to say that you don't have to dominate the entire season in order to look like a champion -- long as you're playing that way down the stretch. Probably have to be at least good for the rest of the year though. The year the Lakers started all of this "just have to turn it on at will" nonesense (just more of their trash talk really) they were good for most of the year, but it wasn't until they went on the mega-winning streak at the end of the year (keyed by Derek Fisher of all people) that they started to look like champions.

2) this year looks like a real parity year. If you have a whole bunch of teams bunched up in the 50-55 win area I could easily see a team with maybe only the 5th best record (or whatever) be able to pull it off because they might only be a game or two behind #1. Nobody's going to win 72 and just dominate the league.

The biggest challenge for the Kings, in my opinion, is going to be the Suns. They have so many guys that can run the floor and are athletic that we are going to have a hard time keeping up. We are capable of beating every team on that list, but we have to step up the defense in the fourth quarter and GET MORE REBOUNDS!!!

xrzn said:
Mad Kingz :mad: