Kings trading Evans for Vasquez/Lopez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
So...New Orleans comes out of this draft/FA period nabbing Jrue Holiday and Tyreke Evans as their guards.

We come out of the same draft/FA period with Ben McLemore and Grevis Vasquez as ours.
I hope somebody brought something stronger than Vaseline, because I'm feeling chafed.

Well, congrats for having no semblance of money management
They have 3 guys that have all star potential and are locked in for the next 3-4 years.

We have 5 with one guy that maybe has that kind of potential and he hasn't played a single game. And all but one are on rookie contracts that will be increasing in the next couple years. That 16 can easily become 25 with a fraction of the talent.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
to advanced metrics
That's misrepresenting me. I don't get much out of a list of advanced metrics unless there is a verbal comment on the player. Some people use metrics as if it says everything. That's my objection. I have the capacity to learn but the figures have to have a context.

BTW, you seem to always find a way to put down who you are responding to. That weakens your position as any one who has to get personal may very well have a weak argument.

Last edited:
I agree with most of this though I think we're overstating his ability to play next to cousins. He played next to Ryan Anderson and Anthony Davis but cuz obviously has very different defensive abilities than those guys. I'm guessing he'll play 20-25 minutes off the bench (with cuz at times especially depending on match ups).
We'll see. Converting Cousins to PF sooner than later might be best for us. He's got the offensive game for it and his defensive liabilities will always haunt us. Finding a PF who plays defense is hard enough, much less one who can be a legit anchor. Not that I'm sold on Lopez being a legit anchor, but he's certainly a huge improvement over anything we've had in a long, long time

Just go get my opinion down on paper:

F**k this.

My opinion is that it's an idiotic start by the FO to give up on Tyreke. No amount of "but they saved the team" or "waaah stop over-reacting" will change my opinion.

Vasquez is a good player and Lopez could be decent off the bench, but you don't give up on Tyreke's potential for that. I really hope I'm wrong and this turns out for the best but there's a good chance Tyreke is going to make the FO look like idiots. I almost hope he does.

Last edited:
So...New Orleans comes out of this draft/FA period nabbing Jrue Holiday and Tyreke Evans as their guards.

We come out of the same draft/FA period with Ben McLemore and Grevis Vasquez as ours.
I hope somebody brought something stronger than Vaseline, because I'm feeling chafed.
Depressing isn't it?! :(

Bricklayer

Vasquez could be awesome trade bait at the deadline. At least now the franchise is stable so you can look at things past what they are currently.
If you trade Vasquez at the deadline its an even bigger fail. You are spiraling down a flexible pieces wormhole then.

He's got to be the guy. The conventional if slow footed PG. McLemore has to work out as the conventional catch and shoot 2. If you are trading Vasquez in 6 months it means he has failed, and you have failed.

The thing that angers me the most about this deal is that the fo went for mediocrity. The Evans-McLemore combo in the backcourt had the potential to be dominant on both ends of the floor, on the other hand Vasquez-McLemore is a question mark defensively and relies heavily on McLemore blowing up in order to be something to write home about on offense.
We had a team that with a few adjustments could have been special and the FO didn't give it a shot and turned it into a team that needs a major strike to win more than 35 games.

Glenn

Hall of Famer

KY is the lubricant of choice. It also helps to do muscle exercises.

We'll see. Converting Cousins to PF sooner than later might be best for us. He's got the offensive game for it and his defensive liabilities will always haunt us. Finding a PF who plays defense is hard enough, much less one who can be a legit anchor. Not that I'm sold on Lopez being a legit anchor, but he's certainly a huge improvement over anything we've had in a long, long time
But is Cousins quick enough to guard the majority of PF's? I dont know.

Bricklayer

We had every right to retain Evans. We helped the chafing by not matching.
Oh make no doubt about it, this is a self job. We dropped the soap, we bent over after it. Nobody else to blame for this.

How's this for what you resort to as a silver lining: New Orleans has now accumulated so much talent at its guard spots that none of the guys will probably score 20 a night. Collectively they'll drop 50 on you, but at least we are less likely to risk Tyreke blowing up in his first season away from us. There? Doesn't that feel better?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
At one point two days ago we had met with Igoudala and made him a $52M offer and had then subsequently met with Tyreke and he came away happy and excited about his future with the team and his brothers were on Twitter saying he's going to retire as a Sacramento King. What the hell happened?

Glenn

Hall of Famer
At one point two days ago we had met with Igoudala and made him a $52M offer and had then subsequently met with Tyreke and he came away happy and excited about his future with the team and his brothers were on Twitter saying he's going to retire as a Sacramento King. What the hell happened?
I hope the next person we approach comes out grumpy as hell. Players being happy makes this all sound like our FO are a bunch of very good con artists.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
It's just funny that he flat out said it with no regard. Like he knows you. Like he's your long-lost brother or something... Haha
He says a lot of things with no regard. I think that's rude but each to his own. It's why I seldom read his notes carefully.

I think it's amusing that we now get to listen to the_jamal over-rate the incoming Kings players. I've never heard a poster instantly gush over players just because they're coming here. Happens literally every single time - they're all stars. From Chuck Hayes to Thomas Robinson!

Bricklayer

I think it's amusing that we now get to listen to the_jamal over-rate the incoming Kings players. I've never heard a poster instantly gush over players just because they're coming here. Happens literally every single time - they're all stars. From Chuck Hayes to Thomas Robinson!
Just wait until we make the logical followup move and trade Cousins for Larry Sanders and Ersan Ilyasova.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
The point is to take a position that is aggravating. The subject matter is just the vehicle.

He says a lot of things with no regard. I think that's rude but each to his own. It's why I seldom read his notes carefully.
Haha don't get me wrong... I'm on your side. I'm like a guy laughing at his friend's misfortune sarcastically.

It was rude that he called you out! More rude that he has no base because you do listen... don't you? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.